L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church
Forum RP de l'Eglise Aristotelicienne du jeu en ligne RR
Forum RP for the Aristotelic Church of the RK online game

Lien fonctionnel : Le DogmeLien fonctionnel : Le Droit Canon
 FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   Liste des MembresListe des Membres   Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs   S'enregistrerS'enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

Proof storage

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum -> ARCHIVES : DIOCESES IP -> IP Diocese of Lamia
Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
Jolieen

MessagePosté le: Mer Oct 09, 2019 3:01 pm    Sujet du message: Proof storage Répondre en citant

Blazingwill a écrit:
Perfect, let us thus begin our first lesson.

Citation:
National Seminary of England, Scotland and Ireland: BASIC PASTORAL (Catechism Course)
Lesson 1 – Introduction to the Catechism Course

Presentation of the Aristotelian Religion

Greetings! I am Brother William Blazing, OFM, a professor of this seminary. I'll be your instructor for this catechism course—the basic instruction for the Aristotelian Religion.

Below is a short story that is both simple and spontaneous. It introduces some basic concepts of Aristotelianism.

It is important that you must have the ability to properly communicate and relate with others, particular, your ability to write your thoughts and how to express them in different ways.

Use bold texts for direct speech. Use the italics for narrations. This will provide order, which will also facilitate proper reading and avoid monotony for your readers.

[OOC: Here, you will role play (RP), as well as develop your character properly. It is important to write well in the Forums and in the various game narrations. Learning the concepts of Aristotelianism is important, but you must also learn how to role play]

Citation:
I was sitting at my desk one winter morning, thinking of how I can pay tribute to my late father, when a young newcomer barged into my study. She stood there wide eyed and staring at me, while I sat there surprised and speechless.

“Good morning, Miss! Can I help you?” I asked.

“I was wondering what were you playing... Oh, forgive me! My name is Newbie,” she said.

“Nice to meet you Newbie. I am the spiritual leader of this town,” I replied.

She smiled and sat on a chair in front of me. We started talking and I instantly realized that she knew very little about our religious beliefs. Our conversation led to the possibility of her entering the great Aristotelian Family.

“I thought I'd be baptized but as you can see, I do not know much of the things you've been playing here. I do not know anyone here and I do not even understand who this famous Almighty is,” Newbie said.

I smiled at the bewildered visitor.

“You need not worry at all. It is not very complicated. Let me explain. The Almighty is the Creator of all things. He is perfect and he guides us towards the path of virtue. You see, you are never alone. Jah created us from him, that means you too are a part of him."

"A few moments ago, I was reciting the Creed of our family--I mean spiritual family. I was praying to the Almighty and His prophets Aristotle and Christos, to give me the courage to persevere."

"But what did these prophets do?"

"They are the ones who received the divine word of our Lord and who had it transmitted to us."

"How can I learn more about all of these? I do not want to look stupid when the time comes for me to join the family..."

I smiled again.

"You do not have to worry, the Almighty has only love for us, but if you want to learn more, I encourage you to do so. Before being baptized, you can follow an introductory course called Catechism, which will allow you to learn more."

"Thanks. But like I said, I know a few people and for now, I do not know anyone who can accompany me to this baptism."

"Are you referring to a godparent? You should know that it is highly recommended, but is not mandatory to have one."

"To begin with, you come to Mass regularly; surely you will meet many people who will be willing to accompany you."

It was with these recommendations that I left the girl and I returned to my daily duties.

Prepared and edited by Josephus and Blazingwill for the National Seminary of England, Scotland and Ireland

Citation:
OOC SUPPLEMENT

The reason why the Renaissance Kingdoms invented its own religion instead of adopting a real one, is to avoid offending anyone's sensitivity and to prevent the idea that it is preferring one religion from the other.

Citation:
Work to be performed:

Make a short presentation of your character as to the reasons that led you to take this course. Take into account the context in which you are in. You are in the classroom and are talking to your professor. The purpose of this lesson is, in fact, to show your interest in the True Faith and introduce you to the correct form of writing.

For the duration of the course, use only the black ink. The colors are reserved for the texts of the lessons and for the teacher in correcting your work. Blue is for mild error or specification, and Red for serious ones.

Cardinal-Deacon of the British Isles -Bishop In Partibus of Lamia - Prefect to the Villa of St.Loyat - Expert to the pontificial collages of Heraldry - Assessor to the Developing Churches
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Jolieen

MessagePosté le: Mer Oct 09, 2019 3:02 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Blazingwill a écrit:
Brother William listened attentively to the answer and noted them down.

My child thank you for answering. There are certain points that I would come back on later on in your studies. For now, the only thing I will say is that this course is not indoctrination as you are allowed to have a critical mind. However, you are asked to be opened to what we'll learn.

Good let us move on to the next one.

Citation:
National Seminary of England, Scotland and Ireland: BASIC PASTORAL (Catechism Course)
Lesson 2 – The Aristotelian Religion

The Official Religion of the Renaissance Kingdoms

I invite you to read this story to understand what the Aristotelian Church is. This is an important story because it introduces, with humor and simplicity, the doctrine of our Church. This also describes situations similar to those experienced by many of us as we took the first steps in the Kingdoms.

Know very well that this encompasses the spirit of the religion in this world: a social commitment in engaging and guiding the people, especially the inexperienced. And although we work with seriousness, sense of humor should not be missing.

Never forget that our purpose in this world, regardless of our roles in society, is to live with friendship.

Citation:
The Memoirs of a Country Priest

Long time ago, after celebrating Sunday Mass, a crowd which was a little too rowdy for this sacred place, threw at the foot of the altar a man with haggard eyes and dressed in very fanciful clothing.

Despite the villagers talking at the same time, I realized that they brought me this stranger, whom they think was possessed. He said it was his first log-in from his computer and that he was looking for the FAQ or at least a guide to help him get started.

Approaching the poor man, I knew immediately that it was the first time he had seen an Aristotelian priest or perhaps he didn’t have a good opinion of them.

Neajdalf: Good day, my son! I am Neajdalf, the priest of this village. What's your name?

Newbie: They call me Newbie. In spite of my appearance, I am an elf-mage and I'm looking for the ring of the ancients.

A villager intervened: As you can see, Father, you must call the Inquisition or the exorcists. He is possessed I tell you!

Neajdalf: Calm down, my son. The Inquisition has other cats to shave. Its purpose is to fight against the heretics and not to burn those who are a little lost. I know that somebody said that if children do not eat their vegetables, that the evil Inquisition will come to burn them. But that's not the case here. As for the exorcists, let’s try to find out first who is our friend here before we call them.

The stranger, still looking so much lost, cried: Well, then explain to me! And who can give me some information?

Neajdalf: Everything in due time, my son. To think of yourself as an elf-mage you must have really taken a heavy blow to your head. So to clear your mind, listen to the story of our kingdoms.

“At the beginning of the world there was only Jah, immutable and full of love. He created the universe and made a series of miracles that led to the creation of animals, plants and humans. So, you are either a plant or an animal or a human. Then Jah left the world to the humans and to the Nameless Creature, which constantly seeks to pervert humanity.”

Now, since you cannot be this creature as it comes in the form of a shadow, you must be a human.

Ah yes, I see. But if I wanted to, can I still be a magician? Replied the stranger.

Neajdalf: You can use tricks to entertain the crowds, but no human being has magic in him. Certainly, some elected officials seem to have achieved extraordinary things but those can be attributed to their faith in Jah and not to some pagan magic.

Newbie: Alright, I grant you that. But what about Moses? He has performed magic, right? How do you explain that, eh? There, I got you!

Neajdalf: Son, I do not know who this Moses is. I read stories about him but they were stories to entertain the elderly, as well as the story of Noah and other ancient stories that I sometimes see around.

Newbie: But are they not in the Bible?

Neajdalf: Not according the official church of the Kingdoms anyway. Let me tell you a short history.

"God created the universe. In the universe, He created the world and filled it with various creatures. Each species believed that they are Jah’s favorite. But man knew the meaning of life, which is love. Jah in return, rewarded him by naming the humans, "His children". But the children of Jah gave themselves up to sin, encouraged by a creature that was rejected by Jah, whom he gave no name. Therefore, Jah punished his children by destroying their city and scattering them all over the earth. Not understanding the punishment of Jah, men forgot about Him and invented their own divinities. So to remind humans the meaning of life, Jah gave His message to Aristotle. And that message found its perfection with the advent of Christos (sometimes called Jeshua Christos)."

The stranger then asked if he can forget everything he knew.

I tried to answer: If what you think you know is not directly connected to the history of the kingdoms and you want to integrate our historical truth, there are probably many things to forget, yes. The easiest way sometimes, is to forget everything and update your knowledge by reading only the sacred books approved by the kingdom—the Book of Virtues. Remember that you're still a vagabond. It will take you some time to learn and become a scholar.

Our religion is called the Aristotelian Church, and it is from an Aristotelian-Christosian origin. That is to say, it is inspired by the writings of Aristotle and Christos, who are both Prophets of the Kingdoms.

The message says that to get closer to Jah, we need to spread happiness and pursue Aristotelian friendship. This friendship is not an unbridled friendship but a friendship that respects certain rules, the main point is that it must be disinterested. Of course, there are different kinds of friendships but I will not explain them here. That is a subject that you can find on your own in the libraries.

In every town, there is a mayor responsible for policy, management of the city and, most importantly, the management of the town’s business. There is also a priest, who is responsible for the management of religion and faith of the parishioners.

The priest and the mayor must work together for the good of the citizens and if one believes that the other is failing to fulfill his duties, he may take action and to try to fix what was wrong. This is the reason why there are some mayors who are involved with religion and some clergies who are involved with politics.

Above them, there is the count, who is responsible for politics, and the bishop, who is responsible for religion. You will eventually see these for yourself. Know that the political leaders are chosen by the people through elections, while religious leaders are appointed and are revoked by the Church hierarchy. That's why if the people wanted to elect their priests as their mayor they may do so because that is their choice. The hierarchy of the church will ensure that their priests will not forget their responsibilities while administering the citizens. Do you understand?

The stranger seemed to understand.

Newbie: Yes, I understand. It is much clearer now. And for the rest, what should I do? How do I eat? How do I earn a living?

Neajdalf: This my son, is not my expertise anymore. But there is a list of instructions that will help you find your way.

Thank you, my friend! I'll see if I can find my way, said the stranger while grabbing his bag and purse. I am going to get in touch with the villagers at the tavern to show them that I'm not possessed... and that they can give me their trust.

I smiled as he was leaving, then I shouted: ''Do not hesitate to contact me when you need help!"

I learned later that the stranger become a great lord. And that even if he didn’t join the Aristotelian Church, at least no one had preconceived ideas about him and that he didn’t let himself be told by anyone what to do.

He made informed choices and didn’t please the chimeras of Hyérel.

Taken from the "Memoirs of a Country Priest" by Father Neajdalf, 926 AD.

Citation:
OOC SUPPLEMENT

Differences Between the RK Aristotelian Religion and the RL Catholic Religion:

• Christos was not resurrected. Therefore, there is neither a Pentecost nor an Ascension. The Catholic Church is based on the death of Jesus and on the resurrection of the Christ. This is a crucial difference between the two religions.
• The Holy Spirit in the Catholic religion is the Spirit of God and is considered as the third person of the Holy Trinity. In RK, the Holy Spirit doesn’t exist.
• In the Catholic religion, there is the Holy Trinity with one God in 3 persons (the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit who are all distinct), whereas in the Universal and Roman Aristotelian Church, we refer to the 'Divine action' where there is only God and everything divine comes from Him alone.
• There is no difference between men or women holding office in The Aristotelian Church. So a woman can be a priest, bishop, cardinal, camerlingue, or pope.
• The Church in England is overseen by the Episcopal Assembly of the British Isles, makes decisions with some operational and administrative autonomy from Rome, on the continual dogmatic and doctrinal authority from the Pope and the Curia.

Prepared and edited by Josephus and Blazingwill for the National Seminary of England, Scotland and Ireland

Citation:
Now answer these questions. They are not difficult, but they are essential for us to verify that you understood the lesson. If you have questions, do not hesitate to ask.

1) Who is Neajdalf? In what time did he write the story?
2) Why did the villagers go to Neajdalf instead of going to someone else?
3) What are the villagers accusing the stranger of?
4) What is the role of the Inquisition according to the villagers and to Neajdalf?
5) What is the role of the Nameless Creature?
6) What is the Bible according to the stranger? Is he right? Why? And according Neajdalf?
7) What is the Bible according to Neajdalf?
8 ) What distinguishes man from the other species?
9) Why did Jah punish men?
10) What was the punishment Jah gave to men?
11) What is the inspiration of the Aristotelian religion? What is its main message?
12) What is the relation between Church and State and their corresponding leaders?
13) What is the message of the lesson especially the relation between Renaissance Kingdoms and the, so called, Real World?
14) Enumerate the differences between the Aristotelian Religion and the Catholic Religion.

Try to stick to the recommended style of writing based on the recommendation of the course introduction. Thank you.

Cardinal-Deacon of the British Isles -Bishop In Partibus of Lamia - Prefect to the Villa of St.Loyat - Expert to the pontificial collages of Heraldry - Assessor to the Developing Churches
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum -> ARCHIVES : DIOCESES IP -> IP Diocese of Lamia Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers: