L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church
Forum RP de l'Eglise Aristotelicienne du jeu en ligne RR
Forum RP for the Aristotelic Church of the RK online game

Lien fonctionnel : Le DogmeLien fonctionnel : Le Droit Canon
 FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   Liste des MembresListe des Membres   Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs   S'enregistrerS'enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

[RP] The herald Swan

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum -> Les Collèges Héraldiques pontificaux – The Pontifical Colleges of Heraldry -> Accueil des collèges héraldiques pontificaux – Welcome of Pontifical Colleges of Heraldry
Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
Ines..

MessagePosté le: Mar Juil 07, 2020 7:04 pm    Sujet du message: [RP] The herald Swan Répondre en citant

Days after the celebrations of St. Titus and the mass celebrated, Inés stayed a few days in the city of Rome, between the palace of Aracoeli and the new residence provided to her brother in the Eternal City. The young woman was excited about all the things she was learning, although she was still waiting to receive the letter of acceptance or refusal at the University. Days earlier she had written to apply for a job as a translator, but she understood that this was not a task she was passionate about. Heraldry, however, was another matter. A long time ago she tried to become part of the Heraldic Chapel of England. Fate, however, led her to become part of the Aragonese Chapel. Now, Inés was developing new interests, and her mentor Cardinal Valyria recommended her to follow her dreams. What a good advice! Only a wise old duck would recommend such a thing.

With renewed enthusiasm, the young lady went to the Heraldic Chapel of the Holy See, wishing to be received by its Queen of Arms. She did not know much about her, only her name and perhaps some other interesting facts about a distant blood and political relationship. The nobility was often related.

- Excuse me - she asked a lackey with the tabard of the heraldic college - I would like to have an interview to be a pontifical herald, who should I talk to?

Somehow, she already knew who was in charge of these matters, but she pretended to be distracted.

Edit: some mistakes corrected

Queen of Navarre | Princess of Ischia di Castro | Duchess of Billy | Child of Castile | Countess of Tafalla | Baroness Palatine of St John Lateran | Lady of Bressolles
Prefect of the Court of His Holiness Sixtus IV

Dernière édition par Ines.. le Ven Juil 10, 2020 4:37 pm; édité 1 fois
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Endymion

MessagePosté le: Ven Juil 10, 2020 3:20 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

And a lackey answered the visitor to wait, until a pontifical herald came.
And the pontifical herald who came, just appointed at the head of the pontifical colleges of heraldry, was the cardinal...

My daughter, I'm his eminence Endymion d'Abbadie, grand officer herald and chancellor of the Heraldic Colleges. How can I help you ?

MessagePosté le: Ven Juil 10, 2020 4:34 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

In any case, it was clear that she didn't really know who would attend to her, because she was wrong, and she proved it when she showed a gesture of surprise in her face. Immediately, the young lady showed her respect for the cardinal with a slight bow as she kissed his ring.– Your Eminence, it is a great pleasure to meet you. I'm sorry to disturb you from your duties to attend to me, I promise I'll be brief. -She nodded politely, looking on Endymion with admiration.- I would like to apply to become a pontifical herald, I don't know what process should I follow, but I am at your disposal for anything you may ask of me.

As for my experience, I can tell you that heraldry is a well-known art in my family. My parents were heralds in Castile and Leon, and about myself, I am King of Arms in the Crown of Aragon at the moment. Perhaps this would be an inconvenience for me to serve God and His Holiness from these estates?

She was so nervous that she barely remembered it was a courtesy must-have to introduce first by the name. - I'm sorry, Your Eminence... I am not being a polite lady, my name is Inés Álvarez de Toledo Josselinière.

Queen of Navarre | Princess of Ischia di Castro | Duchess of Billy | Child of Castile | Countess of Tafalla | Baroness Palatine of St John Lateran | Lady of Bressolles
Endymion

MessagePosté le: Lun Juil 13, 2020 3:18 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

The cardinal listened carefully the young woman, and smiled when she told him why she was there...
Well, we need new members in the colleges, so your application is welcome.
First of all, it's not an issue to be in an other country, but you will still have to come to Rome regularly....

Then, if you are king of arms of Aragon, I'm sure you have good skills in heraldry. If so, the first step is to be appointed expert in heraldry and work on the coat of arms and seals of clerics from all countries, and then to become pontifical herald.
Maybe you can show me some of your work so that I can get a concrete idea of your talents ?

MessagePosté le: Mar Juil 14, 2020 3:34 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Inés smiled. – I don't care about travelling, indeed I love to visit new places, I passed my entire life between England and Castille, and now between France and Aragon. -She also remembered the days where mom and dad lived, they travelled around the Est French side and the Empire, where they both worked as ambassadors. She was still too young to understand but these memories were useful to her, so she could learn to love the path.– Of course Your Eminence, it will be a pleasure to show you my works. Though I am King of Arms in the Aragonese Crown I started recently so I can only show you the ones I did for me and my brother. I expect these will be enough... The girl took a red leather folder from her bag, which it was a fashionable accesory bought in the streets of Rome. Then took some soft, delicate papers, carefully colored.

Citation:

Click for details

Escudo apuntado, cuartelado: el primero y el cuarto de campo de oro tres leones pasantes de sable, dentados de plata, armados y linguados de gules; el segundo y el tercero, en campo de gules, la torre rastrillada de oro, mazonada y clarada de lo mismo y defendida por un lobo pasante de plata linguado y armado de gules bordura de azur cargada de ocho flores de lys; cargado de un lambel de plata con tres roeles de gules.
    Trae por lema "NIHIL PAVET QUI NIHIL DEBET" y por soporte un león de sable linguado y armado de gules, animado de sinople, coronado como los Infantes castellanos, y el capelo de sable de dos borlas que dícese de Sacerdote.

Citation:

Click for details

Escudo apuntado, partido y dimidiado: el primero de oro, el águila de sable embellecida con una cinta de plata; el segundo fuselado de oro y azur; cargado de un escusón apuntado, partido, el primer de oro tres leones pasantes de sable, dentados de plata, armados y linguados de gules y el segundo en campo de gules, la torre rastrillada de oro, mazonada y clarada de lo mismo y defendida por un lobo pasante de plata linguado y armado de gules bordura de azur cargada de ocho flores de lys.
    Lleva corona de marqués y trae por lema "NEMO IMPUNE ME LACESSIT"; por soporte un cisne de plata exployado, membrado y picado de gules y animado de sinople, coronado como Infante de Castilla.

Suddenly she found another paper that she didn't remember she took with her. It was Baskonia's coat of arms.- Your Eminence, this is a work I made in favour to the new principality of Baskonia.

Citation:

Click for details

Escudo apuntado, de gules, el castillo de oro mazonado de sable y clarado de azur, al halcón de plata reguardante y posado en su almena, acompañado de dos estrellas de cinco puntas de oro y acostado de dos tejos de su color, y tres estrellas de cinco puntas de oro en la punta, cosido el jefe de sinople cargado un guiverno pasante de plata siniestrado y escupiendo flamas de oro y gules, sosteniendo la corona real abierta de tres florones de oro, un lobo pasante de su color armado de gules y cebado de un cabrito de plata sosteniendo la corona.
    Trae corona real abierta: un circulo de oro cargado de pedrería de esmeralda y rubíes intercalados de una perla con ocho florones de acanto cargados cada uno en pedrería de esmeraldas y rubíes intercalados. Por soporte una corona de hojas de roble de sinople y veinte bellotas de oro.

– I am afraid every heraldry description would be in Spanish, though I talk English and French, my dad the King Ferrante was a pretty good herald but taught me in Spanish, so I don't know every technical word in the other languages. - The marquise waited for the Cardinal, hoping her work was worthy.

Endymion

MessagePosté le: Jeu Juil 16, 2020 6:55 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Carefully Endymion at the drawings,following the edges of the figures, noting the quality of the execution. Then, he said to Inès, with a smile,
Very well, your drawings are finely made.
I'm quite curious, where is the principality of Baskonia located ?

And don't worry about technical words, I don't know a lot of them in english, we will still get there...

Before I officially apppoint you, maybe you can tell me if you know how to create seals ?

MessagePosté le: Ven Juil 17, 2020 3:15 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Inés nodded once more and took some other papers from her bag. Also, she took some wax and asked a lackey for a candle, so she could stamp her seal with the ring of her right hand.

- Indeed Your Eminence, and I must confess it is what I like most. Some time ago I tried to do mines, this was the result. -She showed him a paper.

Citation:

- I followed the indications of a treaty where its author explained how to obtain the best quality in wax, but I was not very satisfied so I decided to make some variations. These are the stamps that I now use. -Then showed another one.
Citation:

- I also made these others for my brother, they are not conventional and I think that's its grace.
Citation:

- But these are the new ones I did for my beloved brother.
Citation:

Endymion

MessagePosté le: Lun Juil 20, 2020 11:54 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

That's a nice work, this style of seal is quite rare in the kingdoms...
If you have a copy of the treaty you are referring to, I am interested in obtaining a copy if possible.

Come with me in the Palazzo, you're now expert in heraldry of the pontifical heraldry, congratulations !

And then the cardinal went to the palace with the new expert.

MessagePosté le: Mar Juil 21, 2020 3:57 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

The young lady smiled, flattered by the cardinal's words. Before following him, she stopped to bow. – It will be a pleasure to share our knowledge, Your Eminence. Thank you for your welcome. I follow you.

The herald Swan was in.

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum -> Les Collèges Héraldiques pontificaux – The Pontifical Colleges of Heraldry -> Accueil des collèges héraldiques pontificaux – Welcome of Pontifical Colleges of Heraldry Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers: