L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church
Forum RP de l'Eglise Aristotelicienne du jeu en ligne RR
Forum RP for the Aristotelic Church of the RK online game

Lien fonctionnel : Le DogmeLien fonctionnel : Le Droit Canon
 FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   Liste des MembresListe des Membres   Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs   S'enregistrerS'enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

[GB]Book of Hagiographies - The Ancient Saints -
Aller à la page 1, 2, 3, 4  Suivante

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum -> La Bibliothèque Romaine - The Roman Library - Die Römische Bibliothek - La Biblioteca Romana -> Le Dogme - The Dogma
Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
Kalixtus
Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Mer Nov 17, 2021 3:29 am    Sujet du message: [GB]Book of Hagiographies - The Ancient Saints - Répondre en citant

Citation:

Dernière édition par Kalixtus le Ven Nov 19, 2021 8:19 pm; édité 1 fois
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Kalixtus
Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Jeu Nov 18, 2021 8:14 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Citation:

Hagiography of Anani Mhour

As the last scholar of my people who can remember the one who meant so much to us, I decided to transcribe my thoughts into text.

The Life of Anani Mhour

Anani Mhour was born on the day of the fall of Oanylone to a family who were among the first to leave the City for the love of Jah.

His father often recounted that all the remaining survivors stood on the other side of the lake as the wrath tore the buildings, until the abyss swallowed the remains of the city. He loved to speak of how a rainbow was visible for three days after the destruction of the doomed city. He had seen the sailboats bringing many refugees, some speaking an unknown language although he had known them to speak the same language as himself in the previous weeks.

Our group gathered some of the refugees who continued to speak our language but did we really still speak the same language, the language of Oane, before it had been destroyed with the city? My mother was twenty-five years old then. The guardian of the great library, she had fled with many books and only those speaking of Jah's message were still legible. In fact, while in the past we all spoke the same language, the wrath of the Almighty had condemned us to dozens of dialects, separating humans from each other and forcing us to understand one another for survival.

Initially it was said that only the just had survived, but we soon realized that we had sinned through pride by saying we were better than others, and soon we were aware that among us, not everyone had a pure heart and fear had led them to flee, more than their faith in Jah.

The first years were difficult for survivors and our lack of understanding combined with our deprivation prevented the creation of one united group. Communities thus formed very quickly and regrouped into tribes. I was twelve years old when my tribe decided to travel towards the sunset, hoping to get closer to Jah.

Jah seemed to have abandoned us, but we did not abandon our hope that someday he would forgive humanity for their act of following him poorly.

Anani, as the first child born since the destruction of the great city, was educated as the priests of Oanylone had been, and to the surprise of all at the age of just seven years he could quote any part of the book of Oane.

At the age of ten he began to consolidate what we knew of the history of humanity, from Oane up to the destruction of the city, for he said:

"If these things are forgotten we will make the same mistakes. Be angry no more with our Creator and let us show that we can prove ourselves worthy."

Anani the youngest of all the students could soon surpass me in the art of calligraphy, and his passion for drawing, both of which he mixed into his stories.

He became the one who extended the memory of his people through writing, a new thing for us because the only writings we had were poetry, the account books of the city leader and the sacred texts of the temple. The great book of Oane had disappeared with the great library, but Anani began to copy it down from the memories of the old onto thin wooden boards, or engraved it onto stone.

Nothing distracted him from his mission. He questioned the old and wrote down their stories again tirelessly, be it how to make a boat, how to plant corn, or the stories of our people’s lives since the day our Creator destroyed the cursed city and salted its earth.

It was said that he was so erudite a scholar and so wise, that he had been blessed by Oane, even him, when he appeared to us forty days after the day of the ashes. In fact I think he was inspired by the different types of justice that Jah had wrought in Paradise.

On the death of Anani, four generations were there to mourn him, and they wept for ten days. On the tenth day as was customary at that time they took his remains to the highest hill to burn when the sun rose. The oldest of the Mhour’s tribe had heard the words of the Most High who spoke of creating paradise in the sun. Wanting to help the soul of their deceased to reach the sun, they now used cremation when the sun touched the horizon, so the soul could depart without crossing the gaze of the cursed in the moon.

But the fire did not take ... A rainbow formed from the sun to the foot of the pyre and the soul of Mhour seemed to detach from his body. It headed toward the light and turned a moment to say:

"Do not cry for me. Where I am going I will be an angel among angels. Do not destroy my body because it is a gift from Jah. It is matter and must return to the field. From this day fire shall be reserved for the purification of the impure body, and burial in the earth for all who believe in Him.

Keep Jah's message for the day when he will choose his first prophet, for the day where his words remind all who created the people."

Then his soul seemed to land on the rainbow to go directly into the sun accompanied by the same heavenly cloud that the ancients had described, which had lifted the seven humans from the city of Oanylone just before the abyss engulfed it and salt covered the cursed place …

My hour approaches and I'm here in the place where sixty years before stood the great city, where the angry but implacable justice of our creator was brought upon us.

Anani told me:

"I hope that someday humans will remember that Jah said creation was subjected to humanity, but he did not say that humanity should be subject to some of its own. We need leaders, but leaders who are just, leaders who live for their people, not by their people. I hope one day we will be governed by those who serve the people and not as was the case in the cursed city by those who serve themselves."

I end this text in praying to our Creator to allow me to see my friend after my death, because I loved him like a sister, although I would have liked to have loved him as his wife, but he had only thought to serve Jah and His people and therefore would not bond with only one person.

I enclose this text in a golden chest in the salt that still marks now and forever the location of the first city of the Children of Jah, and I will add four texts from my friend, my love, so that one day they can serve as a memory for humanity.

The history of my people (by Mhour)

The Destruction of Oanylone was only the beginning of our punishment. We called it “Ash Wednesday".

There were seven groups now speaking different languages and suspicious of each other, but with very little food ... Our group took the direction of the sunset and walked for forty days.

During the forty days we had very little to feed us, just this strange nourishing plant that had previously only been used to feed pigs and bread found on one of the ships which had fled the city and some fish that were reserved for the children before we left. We therefore replaced food with prayer, and the pleasures of penance. The people cursed, having preferred pleasure to prayer and contemplation.

On the fortieth day, Oane appeared to us. Those who had seen his statue in the great temple, recognized him directly and knelt, striking their chests, begging him to intercede for them with Jah. He went to my father and said:

"Mhour thy son is the first born from the day of the ashes. You have guided your tribe forty days in deprivation and prayer without asking anything for yourself. Know that your prayers have been heard and that tomorrow will be a bountiful day for you. You will stop lamenting the faults of the elders, because Our Creator said, "I will judge according to the life one leads", not for the sins of their fathers.

You must live for the future and not mourn the past, be the guide of thy people, and teach your son, who will open the way that leads to the prophets.

Jah only asks for your love and you can only give it to him if you love yourselves. Forgiveness of sins is given to those who repent, but you are banished if you recur against the given word.

Tomorrow is a gift from Jah. Celebrate because it is the day of renewal, that the past forty days are not the image of your life. Do not seek Jah in suffering, but remember that you have suffered not only for what is lost. I will let you continue your life. Rest and celebrate with all that is left of the food and wine, for tomorrow will be the day of renewal."

My tribe therefore feasted, those who still had bread shared it with their neighbour. Wine was also shared to the last drop, and this day was the first ‘fat’ day since the wednesday of ashes. Everyone slept like me, that is to say, like a large baby, which I was, and waking up with the sun the people saw that there was a spring flowing nearby, and a little further on, an oasis filled with fruit and animals.

In the center of the oasis stood a pillar on which was fixed the tablet of Oane, the tablet containing the commandments of Jah. This stone which had been engraved by the fingers of the Creator and entrusted to the first community to never forget that beyond love, we were also linked to the law of creation. This stone which nevertheless had disappeared with the city was there … intact, but written in a language that we did not know how to read anymore ... But the laws of the Most High, we were not ready to forget again.

It is there, close by the pillar that most of my people settled. For over forty years of peace and happiness we have lived here, and we pray to Jah to forgive his children. Others continued towards the sea and beyond the sea, to extend the human race from the creation.

The 3 theses of A. Mhour

We recall his life, especially his three principal theses. The first looks beyond the family hierarchy.

Jah, the Creator of the world is the father and he must be loved, feared and respected, but this is valid for all sons to their fathers and mothers. And generally if the father has authority over the son, so it is that all those who have authority over us are to be loved, feared and respected as a father. But the father must protect his son, for to have authority over another person creates the same responsibilities. He who for one reason or the other takes the place of the father must accept the honors but also the responsibilities.

The second argument was that the Lord rewarded friendship with long life for all things

Oane once said during the creation of our first city "it is through love and complementing each other that we can create, because our Creator wants us all united in life as humble servants of the creation."

This is so true that it is because we have forgotten this rule that the Almighty has punished us, each wanting to become the master and to make his own brother his servant, rather than Jah's.

The love of knowledge has led humans to create texts to keep this knowledge, but writing without love only results in sad words which lack soul. So it is the love of writing that makes a text makes sense, and love of reading that will mean this text is not lost.

All that is made to last must be done in love and friendship. If the mason works without friendship for his client, the house he builds will collapse with the first winds.

The third thesis, that he maybe loved above all, is that whoever controls the word has many powers and shall use them for good and peace

I will tell you the story of Ocless, who was a great lady but, although having the power of speech, preferred the sword.

Ocless was the matriarch of a family forgotten today. Whenever a discussion turned to her disadvantage, she took out her sword and held it before her, the point towards the one who contradicted her. Very quickly the discussion would turn in the direction desired by the lady and, mocking, she would sheath her sword into the scabbard.

Her family disappeared as having no one who dared to contradict her words, she could only persist in her mistakes and lead her family into bankruptcy. It was impossible for the clan to exist with the fear of the sword of the Lady Ocless above them.

Every man and woman has the mission to save humanity in the eyes of Jah, and for that, one must do what humanity was chosen for, to take care of creation. One must therefore be happy while helping their neighbour, to be so because you can not conceivably spread love around yourself if you are not already happy yourself.

Jah in his wisdom gave us something more than words, he gave us the opportunity to use these words to spread friendship and happiness.

It is our duty to use words to comfort our fellows and make them happy, but words are also a powerful weapon and it would be good if those who hold the keys are not armed. The human being is made of spirit and matter. It has two types of weapons, one based on the mind and the other on the matter.

The weapon of mind given by Jah is for the making of policies, sermons and diplomacy. It must check that the weapon of matter, which stirs the blood and hatred, is not drawn from its sheath. For this reason, it would be beneficial for those who bear words, not to bear arms.

Dernière édition par Kalixtus le Lun Nov 22, 2021 2:02 am; édité 1 fois
Kalixtus
Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Jeu Nov 18, 2021 8:37 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Citation:

Hagiographie of St. Anastasia

The young Anastasia was born in Novgorod in 1256 to a high-ranking father and a mother of the gentry. Both his parents were Aristotelian by tradition rather than by choice, but, however, went to Mass every Sunday and never gave up a few rubles during the quest at the end of the service. 

Anastasia is an only child. His father having a great administrative career had very good income: they allowed Anastasia's mother to spend her days with her daughter and provided them with consideralbe material comfort. The girl was already dreaming of a sumtuous marriage with the tenderest and richest young Russian. Young Anastasia had verything to be happy, and she was. 

Very early, Anastasia showed an astonishing intellectual curiosity. No day passed without her asking her mother questions about life, death, the young Republic, love or god. Her father congratulated himself and summoned the best preceptors. Candidates flocked from all corners of the Principality and even distant Kiew and Moscow: the reputation of the family was honorable and the place was stable and very well paid.

But her father was a man who was very attentive to his daughter's well-being and, forsaking his time in the administration, he decided to take a few days off to meet personally with the candidates to make sure he on the one hand, of their piety because he wanted his religion to be passed on to his daughter and on the other hand their vision of the young Republic indeed, this concept was new and he understood well that his daughter pursues his action: in any case he did not want her to develop pro-monarchical ideas. 

The choice of the father of the young Anastasia finally turned to a native of Novgorod aged about fifty, and the instruction of the girl began. 

But Anastasia was bored. Her preceptor thought he was better at teaching than answering the girl's questions. He was wrong. Not that Anastasia was intrested in only a few things, but there were some things she was eager to know. His preceptor did not understand that he had first to solve the riddles of the girl before undertaking a classical education. 
    However, Anastasia was too grateful to her father and had too much esteem for her old preceptor that she did not touch her boredome with anyone. She decided to find the answers to her questions alone and, as she had always been told that the men of the Church were probably the most cultured men, she went to the cathedral where she spoke with several canons, who were delighted to see such a young child showing such interest in theological questions. 
    Thus, having found answers to her existential questions, she was less bored during lessons with her preceptor. 

Over time, the canons approached other themes with the young child-prodigy, including that the divine nature of power. This was undoubtedly what caused the misfortunes of Anastasia. Indeed, the canons explained to her how things were before the Republic was established it was this very subject that her father did not want to see approached by the preceptor. Littly by litte, Anastasia realized that the Republic, in spite of its administrative success, would soon render the Church totally helples which seemed inconceivalbe to her.
    She resolved to discuss it with her preceptor, whose wisdom was great. The man was totally caught off guard: he did not know at first whether or not he should answer the questions of the young Anastasia about it. His preceptor status encouraged him, but the girl's father had forbidden him to do so. However, this was his pedagogical side who took over and, after having sworn to Anastasia not to tell his father that he had agreed to talk about the Republic with her, he agreed to answer her questions. The preceptor had known the court of the Tsars, where, for services rendered, he had received certain privileges as well as some lands. Anastasia quickly realized that he too secretly wanted a return to the monarchy. 

Anastasia had great admiration for her father, whom she was very fond of. It was intolerable to know him on the path of misguidance both theological and philsophical. After a while, she decided to share with him the ideas she had developed. Her father, who until then had been calm and benevolent, went into a mad rage. He was convinced that it was this preceptor he considered too aristocratic, who had instilled these harmful ideas into his daughter.
    Anastasia, who adored his preceptor, intervened on his behalf, explaining that it was more in the cathdral than in the classroom that she had developed such thoughts. Her father, angry, made a decision that sealed the girl's fate. Here, it seems, he answered, in a rough translation: « So like that, the priests told you that I was in sin, and you believe in them? While I am sacrificing myself for you; while I'm killing myself to pay you the best of preceptors? Wel, since you are so ungrateful and you seem to esteem priests more than me, I order you to take the veil. Too bad for your wedding dreams! » 

Anastasia entered the convent. At first she cried all night and was apathetic during the day. Her dream had always been to get married and to have children in order to transmit something to them both materially and spiritually. Arrived alone at the convent, she did not speak of the conditions that had led her there, not even to the superior mother, who was, however, an exceptionally good and understanding woman. She did everything possible to integrate Anastasia, but in vain: the girl inconsolable remained isolated. 
    One day, the mother superior had a bright idea: at the end of an office, she held these words to Anastasia : « You have been here for three weeks, and you have not yet confessed. You know how good it is to confess at least once a week or every two weeks. For your salvation, I will therefore hear you personally in confession.» The stratagem paid: being aware that it was to god that she was speaking through the mother superiror, Anastasia confessed the circumstances in which she had arrived at the convent. Tears flowed down the cheeks of the young girl plunged into the shadow of the confessional of the little chapel of the convent.
    The mother superior was good and intelligent and, after hearing the terrible story of Anastasia, she held these words that changed the destiny of the girl : « Since you feel sorry for never having a child to transmit something to, I will give you a task in which you can pass on something to other children. The nascent Republic, which you have so much decried, has certainly withdrawn its scredness to power, but it has nevertheless decided to help us in our teaching. Thanks to the subsidies that the state pays us, we will open classes to teach young children whose parents can not afford to pay a preceptor. And I would like you to teach in one of these classes.» 

Thus, the young Anastasia became the teacher of around twenty children between the ages of eight and fourteen. At first the girl was somewhat clumsy: she had not received any training, only she had been given the subject, she had to teach. However, little by little, she gained confidence and proved to be an excellent pedagogue. She loved her students and her students loved her. Her wound healed gently, and although she still felt sorry for never having a child for herself, she was beginning to find a semblance of inner peace. This renaissance lasted for seven years. 

After seven years of intensive teaching, Anastasia fell seriously ill. The booming Republic had attracted many scientists, including some excellent doctors, who accepted to examine the virtuous patient on a voluntary basis. Their diagnosis was uncertain, but they managed to agree on a cure : the climate was poor in Anastasia; she needed, in order to cure herself, to live in a country sunnier and less cold. 
    This diagnosis plunged Anastasia into unspeakable distress. It is said that she held these words ot the Mother Superior : « Why, my mother, why? Ihad just found a semblance of equlibrium, and now god wants to get away from it! Are you sure that He is good and infallible? In striking me this new misfortune, it appears to me either cruel or blind! » In front of such a surge of pain and words, the poor mother was lost. She just pretended to answer Anastasia : « The Lord's ways are inpredictable » She was far from imagining how this simple statement, innocous in appearance, was going to have importance on the life of the saint. 
    The religious order to which the monastery which had collected Anastasia belonged had a monastery beween Alencon and Verneuil. The area being rather sunn, it was decided that the girl would be transferred there. 

The journey was particularly exhausting, so it is in a precarious state of health that Anastasia for the frist time crossed the doors of the monastery. She did not see the beauty of nature, nor did she enjoy the gentle warmth of the sun on her skin. No, she was bedridden for several days before being able to get out of her cell. However, her deep melancholy began to fade when a ray of sun stroked his cheek one morning. Feeling exhilarated, she went out at last to take a few steps in the gardens, after more than two weeks recluse and suffering. And there, it was a revelation: the beauty of the place spellbinding, the scent of flowers, the sweetness of the air and the thousands of colors she admired made it a shock as the place was simply sublime, grandiose, glowing with beauty and so much had she been reclusive in austere cells. Anastasia spent several hours fluttering from flower to flower, placing her hand on the bark of hundred-year-old oaks, surprising a squirrel here, a bee....She was one of the sisters believing that the poor child had lost her mind she laughed all alone, who had to bring her back inside.
    It was a transfiguration for Anastasia. Her enthusiasm and her joy never ceased, and she was able to teach the children again very quickly. The sisters gave her additional charges, other subjects to teach, and Anastasia fulfilled her duty with joy. 

Came the fateful day when she was ordained a priest. That day contrasting passions agitated the young woman. She knew that, by the pronouncement of her wishes, she definitively renounced all marriage of any child; but she also knew that it was the best way to affirm her commitment to the service of the Most High. Once ordained, she was entrusted with the celebration of a few ceremonies, and little by little she made her way into the convent: she took care of the pastoral care and then contributed to the elaboration of the local seminary, giving many of her even for the evolution of the local seminary, giving many of her even for the evolution of religion in the diocese. She was appointed diocesan vicar and, a few years of good and loyal service later, she eventually became the right hand of the archbishop of Rouen. 
    He was a kind of generous man, who greatly appreciated Anastasia's ability to work and write, devotion and optimism. He guided her and taught her the workings of the Church herarchy, told her who to trust and who to be wary of, who to ask for help and who to hope for nothing. Assiduous and attentiv, Anastasia did not miss a crumb of the priceless teachings of the old servant of god. 

One day the archbishop fell seriously ill. Anastasia watched him night and day, praying continously for the salvation of his soul. In spite of his supplications sent to the Most High, the Archbishop passed away one evening in November. It was a new shock for Anastasia: what would she do without him? The young woman sank in utter despair spending hours sobbing. Very quickly, despite her sadness and her recriminations, she saw herself named in the place of her mentor. From the outset, some voices rose to pretest against this appointment : she appeared as a very weak and influential woman, having no hands; she herself seemed to imply that she did not feel ready for this important task. But the hierarchy, which the archbishop had, in his will, exhorted to name his protege in his place, had decided otherwise. 
    Her immeasurable sorrow, Anastasia drowned herself in the work and, to the surpise of all and of herself the first, proved an excellent archbishop. Her post also took her to the Duke of Alencon, who appointed her a religious advisor. She sat for several years and saw the dukes go by. 

One day, for reasons unknown to us, Anastasia decided to go into politics. She chose the Alenconais party that seemed to her the most virtuous and the closest to the guidelines of the Church and was involved with it, as every time she decided to take a charge, all his energy, which allowed him to be very quickyl at the top of the lists. She then chained the posts on the board and sueccessively held the offices of sheriff, prosecuter, judge and trademinister. 
    Her perseverance, her uprightness and her exceptional record as Trademinister enabled her to be recognited duches on the following council. By sense of duty more than by convition, she accepted. Yet something in her had broken. Promoted by her post as duchess, she was the prey of the cehemence and taunts of those who did not conceive that one could be archbishop and duchess, which made her understand that the political life was not a way acceptable to her who preached friendship and understanding. The time when a young woman fluttered in the garden of the monastery was far away. 
    Anastasia resigned from her post as durches after less than two weeks of reign. Weary of public life and no longer conceiving of being an archbishop without sitting on the council, at least as a religous advisor, she also resigned from her position as archbishop, much to the despair of the faithful who had found in her an extremely close shepherd to them. She retired to the fief she had been given in thanks for her soothing actions in the previous councils. 

After more than forty years of climbing the ladder of the secular and ecclesiastical herarchy, she was finally able to breathe. For a while, she contended herself with gardening, rediscovering the smells and simple pleasures of the eart.Nevertheless, the scholar that she was could not be content with manual work only, to make her mind work was lacking. After a few months, she began to write, taking advantage of the immense amount of time she now had to isolate herself for whole days in the scriptorium of the monastery or in the library of her small estate. 
    She perfected and achieved a degree of sophistication that impressed many. She is known to have written extensively but, unfortunately, most of her texts have been lost because, on her death, the people to whom her estate fell did not take any care of them. However, a few have been preserved and are being restored, but this is nothing compared to the mountain of writings that she undoubtedly produced. 

This life of simple pleasures, hard study, and compulsive writing lasted seventeen years. Anastasia dies in the library of her estate and it is said that when her body was discovered, she realized she was dead sitting at her desk, the pen in her hand and a sea of book spread out in front of her, she her eyes turned to the sky and her mouth frozen in a smug smile.

Text established with the greatest philological rigor on the basis of various writings circulating in the region of Verneuil and throughout the kingdom of France, stories made by kind faithful, believers and heterodox and excavations carried out in the field and the convent of Saint Anastasia, by the Messeigneurs Desiderade Ytournel of Obstancie and Arnault d'Azayes, theologians of the Holy Roman Office.

Citation:

The day before yesterday the Saint-Julie-Libérée of the year of Horace MCDIII, Jean and Adeline, bakers in Argentan, wished that their testimony be put in writing by Brother Welrigotef, canon of the Archdiocese of Rouen and writer for the Holy Roman Office.

It was already three years since my wife and I were married by the priest of our good city. The first months of our household were idyllic: we had a small house, some animals and especially a beautiful mill that allowed us to live more comfortably. The war seemed far away from our lands and every Sunday we went to the little church to attend mass. 
    In such a climate of prosperity – even abundance – you will easily understand that my desire and that of my wife were to see our marriage blessed by the birth of a child, a small heir or a small heiress who would live with us in this rich region. 

Now, more than half a year after our union was celebrated before god, the belly of my wife was still not growing. For more than a year, nothing happened. After a year and a half, Adeline and I decided, as we had always been taught, not te be alone in our distress. We went to ask the person who seemed the wiest of the village in terms of natural things: the priest. We explained the situation briefly. Here approximately, what he told us: 
    « My children... I understand your situation. Before I talk about you, I will rare thing, talk about me. Or rather of us. We priests can not procrreate. Some of us regret it but are still ordered; others still do not accept this prohibition and prefer not to become a priest whil remaining clerics. If I speak to you about it, it is because the only explanation that I see to your incapacity to have a child must be the same expanation that one gives to the priests wondering about the prohibition: God considers that certain men and some women have an important mission that would be compromised by procreation. I am not saying that you must go into the orders: on the contrary, your marriage is in no way cursed by your incapacity. You just have to accept His decision and, instead of trying hard, do not try to find the reasons for yourselves, but wat for them to prevail on you. » 

Our priest was a very wise man but you will easily understand that his words could hardly satisfy the young coule full of hopes that we were. My wife, especially, could not accept such a fatality. I was a little more resigned than she and I tried to reason by explaining that it was not correct to argue that the priest was wrong. But nothing helped: Adeline was convinced that a marriage was really blessed by god only the day a child was born. 
    The beautiful harmony of the early days was decidedly far from us, and I feared that our story would end tragically, as Adeline seemed to be constantly approaching the side of death.

An evening of autumn where a particularly violent dispute had broken out between Adeline and me, as we were getting ready to go to bed, a flash of blinding light entered our little house and a soft voice of a heat never before felt resounded. 

« Jean, Adeline, do not think that god is ungrateful. Adeline, I like you lived the drama of not being able to have children. Jean, I like you had to resign myself to the pragmatic comments of a priest. But I know how it feels in such cases. God can't be wrong but can forgive and change purpose : our Creator, in His infinite wisdom, has left Free Will to His creatures, who at times surpise Him. 
    Jean, you have shown great respect to the sacred hierarchy, thus testifying to your gratitude for those who have allowed you to save your soul through baptismn and to bless your union. Adeline, you have testified to a perfect understanding of what love should be : Aristotelian friendship pushed to its climax finds its fullness in marriage and, of course, in precreation – if not why not allow two people of the same sex to marry?
    To reward you for your fervor and your fidelity to god, He has decided at my request to authorize you to procreate. My name is Saint Anastasia and I order you now to love you! » 

A month later, Adeline's belly began to grow and nine times later, Thomas was born.

Dernière édition par Kalixtus le Lun Nov 22, 2021 2:02 am; édité 1 fois
Kalixtus
Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Jeu Nov 18, 2021 11:53 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Citation:

Saint Andrew the Protokletos

I: Childhood and Youth

Andrew was born in Bethsaida 6 years before the arrival of Christos, in a humble family. His father was a fisherman, and so Andrew, who develops a remarkable intelligence.
    The boy spent his childhood near the lake of his hometown, and grew up in wisdom and sweetness, warmly surrounded by the false belief in many gods.

Sometimes, and increasingly over time, he will question his heart, without verbalizing, on his faith in the gods on which he instinctively doubt. To him, they are human representation of divine beings, built on the model of men: they are not examples of virtues.

One day he heard of miraculous events that happened in Judea, where seemed to be born a prophet. Unfortunately he was forced to stay on the shores of the lake.

II: The Call

... Grown up Andrew was fishing, as usual, with his brother Simon and other friends.
    Then a stranger dressed in rags came to the lake. His approach seems inspired: it looks like a holy man, but without the rich ornaments of silk and precious stones which usually clothe the priests.

* Who is this man? *
    Andrew thought, while the stranger gently adressed to him:

"- Fisherman, how's your fishing?"

"- Not bad."
    Andrew replied without conviction, still focused on his work.

His brother and his friends called him that he might continue his work.

But the stranger looked at him gently and said emphatically:

"- Fisherman, here you live monotonous days... Your life is wasted here. I'm looking to you for a few days and I see a greater destiny in you. This morning the Almighty has inspired me: do you want to leave the lake to become a missionary, dont'you? Follow me and you will meet other men, give your life for the Highest.
    I am Thanos. I lived with the Prophet Christos, and I just bring you His Word, which is the Word of the One and Unique God"

Andrew felt his heart grow, and though the future for him was unknown, it is with a certainty that he never felt before that he told his friends and his brother firmly:

will follow Thanos, and make my life a nice gift for the Unique God!"

Thanos smiled and asked:
    "What is your name?"

"- Andrew".

"From today, you will be called Andrew the Protokletos (the first-called), because you're the first with whom I share my Holy Mission!"

Andrew embraced the Apostle, and ran to his brother and his friends worried about this turn of events to announce simply:

"- I found my way, I hear the Call.."

He then went home to gather his belongings and say goodbye to his family, and followed without remorse the wake of the Apostle Thanos.
    They left at dawn, after Andrew was baptized on the banks of the lake. Thereafter, every fisherman loved to visit the exact spot where Andrew was blessed. The fish there were larger and more numerous.

III: The separation and slavery

On the way, Thanos, amazed by the intelligence of his disciple, taught to Andrew the message of Aristotle and Christos.
    A humble fisherman who could so subtly questioning the mysteries of the Almighty himself was certainly one of His Gifts!

Thanos taught him everything he could, so that Andrew became the equivalent of a priest of our time, and no one could dissuade him from the True Faith.
    But the days of friendship and cooperation between the two men came to an end abruptly.
    Indeed, just before coming to a town in the region, the two men were ambushed. Bandits separated them and took Andre, merely the stronger of the two, in order to sale him as a slave at the port.
    It was a Greek merchant of Patras, Theognostos, who bought the disciple and so Andrew became chef in the galley of a boat for a crew.
    He will never saw Thanos anymore.

IV: The storm and the first miracle

Andrew, following the precepts of Thanos, never brooded over his fate. He didn't ever curse the moment that changed his destiny. He prayed for long, so long as the Almighty permitted him to do. One day a great storm caused the outburst of water and wind. It became apparent that the hull of Theognostos' boat, tossed by the waves would break. Despair took possession of the crew. Andrew raised his voice and began to pray Aristotle and Christos for the salvation of the entire crew. At these words and seeing Andrew's face illuminated, the crew followed him in prayer. And suddenly, miracolously, the sea became calm, the sun came out ... Theognostos, impressed by this miracle, ordered the immediate release of Andrew and then he addressed to him a few words:

"Hail to you, O great magician. But tell me, who are your gods who are powerful enough to stop the storm?"

Andrew said:"Pagan, there is only one God. He is our superior to all, it is the Superior element and you all have been saved thanks to His mercy. Today you pray in His Name and it has saved you. Be thankful, hear His Word."

After these words, Andrew performed his first act being prompted to convert all the crew of the galley. He eventually became friend with Theognostos, which wanted him as preceptor of his children.

V: The Community and new travels

Once arrived in Patras, the birthplace of Theognostos, Andrew did everything at once. He fully accepts his role as tutor of the children by showing them the light of True Faith. He works to spread the doctrine of Aristotle. With the help of Theognostos, Andrew settled a community large and well organized, based on the principles of generosity and sharing. He was then rewarded for his efforts by Pope Titus himself, who, made aware of Andrew's actions, sent to him a letter full of gratitude, declaring that he would be part of the future of the Church.
    When Titus sent his famouse letter to Linus, the latter inherited his message and found out the list of believers on whom he can rely.

Hagiography of the Apostle Titus, First among the Apostles, Father of the Church
    Citation:
    Titus wrote:

I am writing this letter from my prison beacause I think my mission is nearing its end.

I write to you Linus, my friend, for I wish you to continue after me what our savior Christos began in Judea and for which He died as a martyr.

I do not know what happened to the other apostles; I charge you to find them and to organize the task of spreading the Faith and the formation of our priests. Never yield to the temptation of iron, but do not look even stubbornly for dying in martyrdom, because life is a precious gift that Our Creator has given us.

The Church must become a visible community, witch will be recognized for four characteristics, it should be: one, holy, aristotelic and apostolic.

The bond that connects the divin essence in order to keep us close to the Creator exists only by His will and through Christos and His apostles. As it was we who first were given this bond, and it will be transmitted by the effect of the infinite love of God, through those who will remain faithful to the message of the Prophets.
    Conveyed by the Prophets, the divine message must be kept and preserved by those we embraced as bishops among the bishops, by who it will be impossible for the Church of Christos to make mistakes and to become unfaithful to the Dogma.
    It is also necessary to outlaw all the other sects usurping the name of the Church. They are in very pernicious errors, either for the doctrine and the morals, as being led by the spirit of heresy or by the Creature Without Name.
    Although the path will be long, I saw in a dream that you will come to Rome to finish the construction of what would become the heart of our society faithful to the Word that we were taught by the Messiah himself.

I am counting on you, my friend, to continue the journey that I started with Kyrène, Calandra, Adonia, Helene, Ophelia, Uriana, Thanos, Paulos, Nikolos, Samoht, and even the unfaithful Daju...

The bearer of this message will also give you a bunch of keys, one of which open the crypt where we gather secretly, he will guide and protect you but be discreet for now because our enemies are seeking to make us disappear. You will also find seven gates in this crypt, each of which can be opened with one of the keys I sent to you. There is a list behind the seventh door, a list of our most faithful believers, you can continue our work with them.

Andrew was part of that list, and Linus subsequently appointed him bishop of the new Diocese of Patras.

Then one day, a boat docked in Patras brought men from the East who were looking for Andrew. At its meeting, the commander said:

"Andrew, we are inhabitants of Sarmatia. During our various travels, we heard of your miracles, your wisdom and now we ask you to accept the invitation to educate our people according to the principles of the God you pray! "

Surprised and excited to bring other lost sheep under the protection of the Almighty, Andrew took leave from the Community of the faithful friends and children whom he had take care of. Theophylact, a son of Theognostos, made the trip with him. He later became Andrew's tireless assistant.

VI: In the Sarmatic lands

Andrew and Theophylact devoted themselves to preaching in the barbarian lands, where men live in ignorance and rudeness. They taught justice, generosity, temperance and all other virtues of Aristotle. They also founded various communities, to form the first base of the Eastern Churches.
    And then one day, the powerful and ruthless local warlords decided to stop Andrew with the intention of executing him, who denigrated their gods. The people made spontaneously and without fear great processions near the prison where he was confined. But nothing helped and the tyrant remained in his positions. Then one night, a great light passed through the cell of Andre and a beautiful winged being freed prisoner by bringing him in the small chapel built thanks to the generosity of the people. When the tyrant heard of the miracle, he ran in full armor with his henchmen to kill Andrew. But the Bishop was waiting calm and smiling, wearing a white tunic.

"My brother, we see how the Almighty has protected me. I do not fear the weapons of man. Repent for your actions and accept the forgiveness of our Superior to all. Your sins make you blind, and your actions are made by the inspiration of the Beast Without Name."

He seemed to shake the hand of the tyrant and his henchmen in a wonderful silence gaped. Suddenly, he dropped his sword, plunging to the ground:

"It's right, I hear this voice in my head, the voice of death. Help me, I pray you!

And Andrew won his first duel with the Creature Without Name. The grateful ex-tyrant built a magnificent cathedral and made the bishop his right-hand man. Nothing could prevent the conversion of all Europe.

VII: Return to Patras, and then Italy

Andrew felt a certain weariness, but his earthly journey was not over yet. A message from his friend, Theognostos, convinced him to return to Patras. He left the direction of the community to Theophylact by ordering him bishop, and sailed to Greece. After a long journey, on his arrival, everyone welcomed him. The community thrived and expanded, and venerated Andrew as a saint. The other son of Théognostos, Theodore, was ordained and became Bishop too. Andrew then decided to retire to a hermitage to take care of his own spirit. A new request came instead to him and despite his fatigue he joined Sarzana in Italy, where many persecutions took place. His last act brought him to the path of martyrdom.

VIII: The Martyrdom

After docking at Ravenna, Andrew continued by land the journey to Sarzana, where people greeted his arrival with praises and crowns.

"Brothers and Sisters," the bishop said, "I'm here just to free you from the torture and to give you the Word of the Most High. But remember, I'm not going to bring down the powerful, I just help them to fight against their ignorance and their sins!"

Andrew was arrested and taken by the Imperial Procurator even before the crowd could react.

"So you're the leader of these rebels, who laugh at the gods and refuse to worship the emperor!" he shouted and spat on his white chasuble.

Andrew:"I bring truth and peace. You're only looking for the riot, war, blood to serve only your ambition and desire of your priests in rut! Lend me your ears, and move away from the influence of evil! "

But this time the ears of the Procurator remained closed and he laughed in his face. The pious people of Sarzana and of the whole region came to pay homage to the holy man as had happened in Sarmazia. Procrustes began to be worried about public order and prohibited the city gates to all the people who brought together. Then he hastened to pronounce the sentence against Andrew: Crucifixion! The day before the execution, Andrew praied to God that cast out fear from his mind and gave him the courage to stand as a true martyr of the Faith. He prayed that his death serve to seal his testimony and his long serving and spreading the words of Aristotle and Christos.
    The day of the crucifixion, Andrew asked that his cross be erected in the form of X, because he did not judged himself worthy of imitate the Prophet's death. And the Bishop died in front of all citizens in tears, under a cloudy sky.
    Procrustes, who had been shaken by doubts during all the night, saw his response when a bright light passed through the clouds and enlightened the poor crucified body. A dove landed on the head of Andrew and laid a white feather and a fishbone. The Procurator, as if struck, fell to his knees and said:

"I was blind!" It was really a holy man! "

He then ordered to bury the body in the same place where it was decided to build a Cathedral of which he subsequently became the patron saint.

Relics: saint's body, cross of martyrdom, St. Titus' letter.
    Patron's Day Festival: November 30, commemorating the martyrdom
    Sayings:
    -The bishops must be like the fishermans, humble, very hardworking, and they must know where to throw the hook.
    "There is no land that is not ready for the message of God.
    -Open your eyes! It is not you who act, but the Creature Without Name that gripped you.

Transcribed by Ariberto
Translated by Ariberto

Dernière édition par Kalixtus le Lun Nov 22, 2021 2:03 am; édité 1 fois
Kalixtus
Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Ven Nov 19, 2021 12:00 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Citation:

Saint Antiochus - Destiny of a Seleucid King

Antiochus I Soter, "The Saviour", Seleucid King

Citation:
    "Young Antiochus, your fate will be inspired and determined by God. Because of you, thousands of men of different nations will be converted to the true word of God. And among all these peoples will eventually be born the one to finish what I started. "

These were the words of the prophet Aristotle to Antiochus when he was a barely a few weeks old, after Aristotle had summoned him and his father Seleucus to Chalsis; thus sealing the fate of an unusual life.

A Life Guided by theology

-322 Born at an undisclosed location in Greece, the son of Seleucus and Queen Apama, Antiochus I Soter * was half Persian. His father, a former soldier and friend of both Alexander and Aristotle had the revelation from the Prophet:-
    Citation:
    "Raise up your son with the faith in God, teach him the lessons that I have taught you, preparing him for the mission that God has entrusted to him. To help you, I give you my son, Nicomachus, who will tutor your son."

Thus from his earliest childhood, Antiochus benefited from learning of the message delivered by the Most High through the first prophet. It was therefore full of lessons on friendship and virtue. Nicomachus taught him the precepts he had himself received from his father.

At that time, shortly after the death of Alexander in -323, Greece is experiencing a period of unrest and conspiracies to monopolize the distribution of land had done in the Macedonian generals of the Emperor. Seleucus made the right choices and allied with Ptolemy, king of Egypt, who was victorious over his opponents, giving him the title of Master of Mesopotamia.

Antiochus and his tutor, Nicomachus followed the new master Seleucus in his military campaigns for the greatness of Babylon. The young man spent the whole period learning the military strategies and tactics of his father, keeping in mind the values ​installed in him in the writings of Aristotle.

The territories of Seleucus expanded more, including the domination of the high satrapies of Asia, until the beginning of India. The childhood of the young man was thus shared between councils of war and theological learning with Nicomachus. With an incredible natural talent, Antiochus soon became expert in military strategy and theology. Where most children spend their time with other children, he rubbed shoulders with the leaders of the adult world and was already aware of his destiny, reminded often by his father who was constantly telling him the prophecy of Aristotle.

In -307, at the age of fifteen years old, Antiochus watched the coronation of his father, who took the title of Basileus (King), which had the effect of starting the Seleucid empire. The young man then assisted his father as general counsel and theologian. Seleucus had always been receptive to the teachings of Aristotle with whom he had shared many adventures, and his son was even more encouraged by this aspect of the personality of the king. The young man and his tutor Nicomachus then settled with Seleucus to Seleucia, which he had founded in -311. The son of the Prophet gave him a book that contained all the writings of Aristotle, "From the One God and his commandments," and a sealed envelope Aristotle had given Seleucus to the attention of the young Antiochus. The latter then discovered its enigmatic content:

Aristotle wrote:
    Citation:
    Self-sacrifice is a condition of virtue.

Antiochus with his brilliant mind, interpreted this sentence as sacred and he was now convinced that he should disregard his person to the greatness of the Most High, even if he should die.

Over the years, Antiochus became a perfect aide to his father, always acting in a rational manner and giving prominence to his perception of the divine message. He encouraged Seleucus to not sow terror among the conquered lands, rather to raise them up to the advantage of Greece. Under his guidance, the peoples had schools and were learning medicine, and economics and theology. It was indeed an important purpose for the young man, to improve conditions for those who fell into the hands of his father.

The coronation of a king

A new period of unrest emerged in the Babylonian empire, indeed, Antigonus, then King of Macedonia, desired to extend its domination over Greece. It is under the guidance of Antiochus that Seleucus allied once again with Ptolemy to eventually emerge victorious from the conflict that ensued. The Kingdom of Antigonus was divided between the winners. Seleucus received Syria and the eastern part of Asia Minor. Possession of Syria gave him an opening to the Mediterranean. Believing that this victory was due to the informed advice of his son, he immediately founded the new city of Antioch on the Orontes, which became the seat of government. While Seleucia on the Tigris became the capital of the eastern satrapies.

Antiochus was now well prepared to fully serve his father and had reached the age of 28. Nicomachus remained in Seleucia alongside Antiochus in order to give even more instructive. With his experience, the young man managed to take an important place in the heart of his father and had the esteem of his generals, so that in 294 Seleucus set up his son Antiochus as viceroy in Antioch. His management of the kingdom of Syria and current affairs brought serenity and stability to the territories under his management. It was at this time that he began to know more of the Prophet Aristotle and the teachings he delivered to men. Thus, he chose five men and one woman among his faithful friends, he explained the divine prophecy appointed to him at a young age. His charisma and excellent public speaking skills soon convinced his followers who then rushed through the Seleucid lands to spread the word of the Viceroy. Throughout, his reputation grew, the lessons were relayed and became part of the daily lives of the peoples of satrapies of Seleucus.

The Babylonians who lived in the region of Seleucia had in them their own entrenched beliefs. Indeed, they worshiped Oane, the man who answered the question of God.

The Church Oaniste, witnessing the spread of Aristotle's words, was intrigued by his teaching and introduced them into its own dogma, making Aristotle one of their prophet.

Antiochus then noticed the convergence achieved by the Church Oaniste and was also interested in the mythology of Oaniste, which he felt was deeply memorable, interesting and integrated well with the teachings of Aristotle. Thus, with the consent of his father, he invited the high priests of the cult of Oane into his palace and he listened to the voice of Oane and Aristotle. All were amazed and excited by the proposition that made them so.

Antiochus: -
    Citation:
    "My friends, you are the heirs of a great religion You could be closed on yourself and refuse to see what is happening around you, like so many of these conservative religions. But no, you have heard the Holy Word of Aristotle, that Nicomachus and I have been broadcasting. Not only will you have heard, but you understand this teaching and have incorporated them into your dogma.

Aristotle was aware of the Most High, but he did not know your church, if you had met him, he would have regarded you as the only and true heirs of the True Word of the Most High. He could not do it, but I do.
    That is why I propose to you, the high priests of the Church Oaniste, to incorporate your Church and your dogma and with the teachings of Aristotle, proclaim the official church of our Empire under the name of the Church Oaniste Aristotelian. "

Thus the official church of the Empire began to spread his teaching in large regions of the Empire, with immediate success in Babylonia, but much harder elsewhere.

Antiochus then began to stand apart and on his own, distinguished from the conquests of his father, but always giving subtle advice, but taking more time to address the issue of the Most High. His father knew that Antiochus and must take his place in the prohecy concocted by the Almighty and that he was still encouraged to expand his territories. In Antioch, the young man had become a curiosity, we listened to his long speech about friendship, about virtue, justice or morality. His aura also extended beyond the Seleucid empire, as far as the eastern satrapies and even west to Greece. The prophecy that Aristotle had stated was relayed and in the spirit of old faithful prophet grows the hope of a new prophet in the person of Antiochus. Thus Theophrastus, the first scolarque ** High School, came to Syria to meet him that in the eyes of the Greeks, was the successor of the Prophet.

Theophrastus: -
    Citation:
    "Young Antiochus, I salute thee, the man of prophecy. Athens has doubts about you, and there are many who will claim you are the new prophet. I know that this is nothing but you.. are you aware? "

Citation:
    "Dear Theophrastus, scolarque and renowned theologian, we both know I'm not the prophet of the Most High. We both know I am not the instigator of His Faith in distant lands that have not yet been reached. By the consciousness of His greatness! Aristotle gave me the mission that God had assigned me from my childhood. I am responsible for preaching to the kingdom so that they know the nature of the Most High, and thus are prepared for the arrival of a new prophet. I would constantly expand the Faith to the one God beyond our territories. My life will be devoted to His message, I'd do anything to illuminate the world of God's love for mankind, even should I die for His glory. "

Theophrastus: -
    Citation:
    "I am glad to hear you are so wise, the precepts taught you by Nicomachus and the wisdom your father instilled in you are serious values ​​and your faith is great. Be sure of that, I will relay your fervent words to the Athenian scholars. May the the Almighty support you for a long time. "

The scolarque then returned to Athens to further spread a little more the aura of Antiochus, who already enjoyed a revered reputation beyond the shores of the Mediterranean.

The years passed and Antiochus spent his time managing the kingdom, spreading the message of God and providing strategic advice to the conquests of his father Seleucus. It is - 280, and he is now 42 years old, when his father was killed on the borders of Asia Minor. It takes more than a month before the news of his death spreads to Antioch, and the prodigal son was devastated by the sudden death. Antiochus was wounded in the depths of his soul, and devastated that he could not be with Seleucus when he had his last breath.

Normal Succession applied and Antiochus was crowned Basileus in turn and became king of Syria, claiming the territories gained by his father throughout his reign. His first speech, which he gave from the balcony of the palace of Antioch, before a huge crowd that had gathered to cheer the new King. His fervor and conviction that he had a more important mission to accomplish on behalf of the Most High made this speech exceptional and memorable in the minds of the people. He concluded with these words, as dictated by the Almighty:

Citation:
    "I, King Antiochus I, order that the temples be built around our kingdom, on solid foundations that will never be destroyed, I will accomplish this to prove my faith towards the Almighty .. so that at the end of my life, I will come right here to my eternal rest and join my spirit with the Almighty in the solar sphere. "

The advent of a reign dedicated to the Most High

The first action of Antiochus to accomplish his promise was the laying of the first stone of the building which he dedicated to the Most High in Antioch, hoping to honor the creator and perpetuate the message he had sent to humans through his prophet Aristotle. In the same year he married Stratonice, the daughter of King Demetrius of Macedonia, for whom he had loved for a long time. She bore him five children: two sons and three daughters. He also decided to strengthen the new church of Oaniste Aristotelian by encouraging the recruitment of indigenous youth in all parts of his empire by priests, so that ut became a religion of the Empire rather than an external religion thrust on the people.

That's why he began to travel through his kingdom, through Persia, Media, Susiana, Parthia, the Drangiane the Arie, Bactria, Sogdiana, Hyrcania, Arachosia and up to the India. Everywhere he launched into a long speech worthy of the best speakers, and assisted by the Most High, his words could convince even the most reluctant of the one God, the friendship and virtue.
    Thus, there were many who joined the ranks of the clergy of the Church Oaniste Aristotelian and allowed it to grow exponentially.

Antiochus enjoyed an aura so much through his people that they often repeated his greatest sentences. Thus, the idea of ​​a creator Almighty deeply moved the people. He built large cities in Asia Minor based on the Athenian model, and in each of the capitals of the territories in which he was king, he built a temple to the Most High with the strongest of foundations. He granted the former Generals of his father who had led the majority of past campaigns by appointing them as Governors of large provinces, leaving them to their management of the remote regions.

Antiochus had kept in touch with Theophrastus up until the death of the latter in - 288, sharing with him for six long years, long letters and treatsies on the uniqueness of the Almighty, discoursing on morality, on friendship or virtue. It was the same with the second scolarque- Strato of Lampsacus. So that when Antiochus was King of the Seleucids, he asked that the School sends his best disciples in theology. He set each disciple in the cities where the temples were constructed and they became the advisors to the governors (former Generals) to guide the policy of the provinces. So Antiochus managed to achieve both the loyalty of Governors around by rewarding the Generals of his father, and also to Spread the Basics of the Aristotelian religion, anchoring it around the idea of ​​one God, creator of all things.

But it is in his own territory that turmoil came. Antiochus had to face a revolt that broke out in Syria, fomented by those who did not care for his divine mission or what they laughingly called, the great King of "crazy ideas." So he chose to stop the expansion campaigns, and he was again forced to battle to save what his father had built. Antiochus knew that losing Syria amounted to losing that which cemented his kingdom. But despite a victory that allowed him to retain his throne, Antiochus opposed the offensive tendencies of his adjacent kingdoms. He sent his best warriors armed with his best strategies to prevent the worst generals of the adjacent kingdoms from taking over.

Not wanting to drag on in endless conflicts, he preferred to repeatedly sign peace treaties and ensure the survival of his own kingdom. The value of a life was too much for him, so he would rather lose some territories rather than insisting on misplaced pride. Anyway, he knew, and often said, as when he lost against Eumenes in Sardis.

Eumenes: -
    Citation:
    "I have a question Antiochus, why do you sign this treaty today, when while we may have superior numbers today, in 6 months or a year you will have enough to send us all six feet under? "

Antiochus: -.
    Citation:
    "Eumenes, now you're the winner, these lands belong to you, but I have no fear because what has been done can not be undone as in each of your new subjects is anchored the Faith in the one God, and whatever you do, whatever you say, it will never be silent. "

Antiochus was well, he had buried deep within his soul and his heart, the indescribable and powerful faith towards the Almighty. He was primarily interested in the transmission of His Almighty's message. The mission entrusted to him by Aristotle from his earliest childhood had raised the Faith in God in much of the world. He thus sowed the soil, so that the Kingdoms of Asia and the Middle East would be fertile for the arrival of the second prophet of the Most High.

A life ends

While the Seleucid empire became weakened due to multiple attacks and revolts of which he was a victim, Antiochus while philosophising on this fact still managed to find the positive. Whatever became of the provinces, these Kingdoms and the faith in one God had grown to point of becoming the indispensable and the natural faith everywhere. As he reached sixty-four years, the temples he had built to last forever neared completion and in each were apppointed the theologians of the High School using rituals left by the people of Oanylone. The Great King inaugurated the majestic temple of Antioch which was the last to be completed as its size and scale were immense. Antiochus, on the last step of the court that overlooked the square by more than ten meters high, gave another bombastic speech, always addressing the same issues that were dear to him. As he spoke, his eyes shone, and tears ran down his cheeks, for he had completed the work of a lifetime.

Citation:
    "I, Antiochus the first ordered that the temple be built on foundations that will never be destroyed. I have done this to prove my faith towards the Almighty at the end of my.. life, I will come right here in my eternal rest and join my spirit with the Almighty in the solar sphere. "

It's just when he finished this sentence that Antiochus was hit by an arrow in the heart that struck him down on site. The King fell to his knees, holding the arrow in his right hand, with his other hand he pointed to the sky while directing his final words toward the crowd who were stunned to be present at his death:

Antiochus: - "
    Citation:
    Remember what I taught you, love him as he loves us, love you like he loves you ..."

His body stiffened suddenly in this position, the hand outstretched toward the sun, a pool of blood lay on the marble plaza drawing a perfect circle in the center of which sat the King. A bright light came down from heaven and made shine brightly the body of Antiochus. When it disappeared, the man slumped back, eyes shining with tears again. The people of Antioch remained in shock at this event, convinced that it was the intervention of the one God come looking for the one that had served so well.

His killer was never found.

The funeral of the great King was lavish and his son Antiochus Theos, who succeeded him, vowed to continue the work of his father. The arrow that had pierced the heart of Antiochus was kept as a sacred relic and the corpse was buried in the foundations of the temple of Antioch.

A huge statue was sculpted in bronze representing Antiochus at the time of his death. It was located on the forecourt of the temple and on its pedestal was noted:

Citation:
    "Antiochus I Soter - Seleucid King and Son of the Most High"

Translated from the Greek by Bishop Bender.B.Rodriguez. and into English By Cardinal Teagan In July 1461

Kalixtus
Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Ven Nov 19, 2021 12:05 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Citation:

Hagiography of St. Anthony the Great

Saint Anthony the Great was born in Lyonese Dauphiné in a small fishing village in 1356. With Modest and honest parents, he had a normal childhood and participated in all the normal daily tasks of a child, and had great faith in Aristotle. His faith enabled him to overcome anything, and he found shelter and sincerity in his faith

One day while he was fishing alone, his oars broke away from the boat and he was stopped in the middle of the lake. It would have been foolish to jump in the water and swim to shore, as there were great risks posed by the quagmire marsh lake. Anthony preferred not to risk sinning by putting his life in danger and decided to stay on his boat to pray. A few hours later, his parents, alerted by the delay of their son, came to his rescue. His faith had saved Anthony from certain death.

His father died in an accident after his horses panicked while plowing a field and the plow ran him down after he fell. At the age of 12, Anthony therefore became head of his family and needed to take care of it. To provide for his family and be near them he worked as a farm boy, as being a fisherman was to be separated from his family for long periods. But in this village of fisherman the children laughed at him. He had started talking to the animals.

An anecdote tells that one day, one of the best dairy cows of the village suddenly gave sour milk for unexplainable reasons. Neither the farmer nor apothecary could find a remedy for this evil. Anthony talked to the cow and the cow once again started to produce the most excellent milk.

Some villagers suspected witchcraft by Anthony because of this and went to talk to the Archbishop of Lyon. The Archbishop went to the village to see things firsthand and to talk with Antthony. He soon discovered that the future saint, far from being possessed, had an extraordinary strength of faith and the Archbishop convinced Anthony to dedicate his life to the Church. At age 32, Anthony made the decision to travel and spread the word.

He traveled throughout the Duchy until he learned that the religious capital of the duchy, Vienna, was the victim of famine. Animals were dying for unexplained reasons, fruit and vegetables were few and not very nutricious and tthe population were starving and crying famine.
    He decided to help the villagers anyway he could prayed that with the comfort of his faith, their minds would open and bear the ordeal.

He arrived in Vienna January 17, 1389. His presence went unnoticed by most, but there was one who noticed him. A pig farmer received a visit from Anthony as Anthony wished to see farms. They exchanged a few words and Anthony prayed for the beasts of the poor man who were all in poor shape with many runts. Anthony refused the hospitality of the peasant and went looking for a place to sleep. It is said that Antony went to spend the night in the middle of the forest of Vienna and there he spoke to God.

That night the pig farmer could not sleep. He tossed and turned and heard strange noises coming from his barn. He thought it was the end. The assumed the pigs were in the process of dying and with them the hope of properly feeding his family.

In the morning, there was a strange silence on the farm. Anxious, the farmer went to the barn to see if his fears during the night were justified. But there he found a great surprise! Suddenly he saw a pig appear; then two, then five, then fifteen ... But how was this possible when only the night before there had only been three? He recalled his talks with Anthony and the prayers he saw Anthony doing the day before for his animals and to save his family from starvation.with Antoine came yesterday, and had prayed for his animals and save his family from starvation.

He ran to town to tell his story. Other farmers, skeptical at first, could not believe it. But they had to face the facts, as Anthony traveled from farm to farm praying and the animals multiplied and healed. Through his faith and prayers, he saved Vienna from starvation. The farmers appointed him "Anthony the Great," and he eventually moved on after the town was saved.

The elders tell us Anthony then went to the north towards the barbarous regions beyond the borders of the Holy Roman Empire, in regions so remote that the Aristotlein faith had not arrived. Wherever he went, he spread the word of Aristotle and the faithful grew. It is said that in south-eastern France, he would inflate geese livers (a strange delicacy) until they were gigantic. From everywhere, tales came, telling the same kinds of events - That wherevere there was starvation and desperation Anthony would pray and Nature would multiply and provide food for all.

His fame spread to Fachat, and to Yvan, a tribal leader from the north. Because of these prayers that Anthony was doing and people were witnessing the faith in Aristotle grew. Yvan Leterminus saw his power weaken. Yvan had Anthony hung, drawn and quartered on January 17, 1407, and his remains were thrown into a meadow.

It is said that the following year, an orchard was seeded, and that plums trees gave fruit throughout the year. Once a fruit fell or was picked up, another would appear. One day Yvan was cutting trees. And the next day, instead of a trunk, there were two. Furious, the chief took an ax and hit a tree. A huge plum fell on the head of Yvan. The fruit was so large and heavy that it shattered his skull.

Translated by Lutuxya and Wilgeforte

Kalixtus
Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Ven Nov 19, 2021 12:06 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Citation:

Saint Babila

Saint Babila was born in Antioch around 200 and died there around 250.He was bishop of Antioch from 237 to his death and is venerated as a saint of the churches of the West (which celebrate his memory on January 24) and of the Orient (September 4).
    His commemoration is also that of his faithful disciples: Urbano, Prilidano and Epolono, with whom he was arrested during the persecutions of Decius.

It is said that he was born into a family of the huge bourgeoisie. His father was a famous textile trader, and Babila spent his youth neglecting religion, but engaging in hobbies with his father's friends.
    Babila, very ambitious, was not content to spend his days losing his time in the fashionable inns, but wanted to become important and enter the beautiful world.He developed the activity of his father, an activity that became a flourishing company of sewing workshops by creating a series of modes of great prestige that was sold at European courts and for high prelates.
    One day when he was accompanying his father to Rome to negotiate Oriental silk, he met Valentin, the future saint of lovers, with whom he launched a line of clothes for a bride and a garment for high prelates in red brocade.
    Soon his fame grew, and there was no queen or lady of the nobility who did not want to have one of his clothes or his friend Valentin.
    One day, however, while in his sewing workshop in Antioch, he was informed that his friend Valentin had retired from business and had been elected Bishop in Terni, Italy.
    While he thought that perhaps this could surely improve his business with the Church, a whole roll of Damascus velvet fell on his head, leaving him knocked to the ground.While the helpers from his workshop and his servants were trying to heal him, Babila opened his eyes and told his faithful Urbano : « The Lord spoke to me! Until today we have sinned, solicited vanity and are satisfied with it, but now I realize that it is only the work of the nameless Creature, which makes us appear a sweet sin, but in fact we deceived. »
    From then on, Babila ceased to create models for the rich and noble and began to supply the poor monks and country priests with humble but decent clothing, and he all wanted to mark the sign D & G, Deo Gratias, to remember the vision he had received from God under the roll of Damascus.
    He is known for many miracles. The first is that of the cover of the Saint Sebastiano shames. It is said that one day, when seeing the representation of Saint Sebastiano pierced arrows, bound to the post of torture, Babila ran into his shop to take a cream of linen, with which he covered the pubis of the saint, thus avoiding the shame. It is also known that while Babila covered Saint Sebastiano, all the statues of the saint, removed, emerged all over the world and dispersed.
    His fame as a pious man and a servant of God spread everywhere, and his fellow citizens wanted him as a bishop, but he refused, claiming that he was not able to do so.But, in their strong insistence, he accepted and guided his flock with love and compassion for years.
    During the persecutions of Decius, he was arrested with his disciples, bound to iron pickets, and before dying, he left elegant bracelets to churches where he had gone during his lifetime.
Translated by Cardinal-Deacon Caillen Jolieen MacKinnon Rose 1467

Dernière édition par Kalixtus le Lun Nov 22, 2021 2:04 am; édité 1 fois
Kalixtus
Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Ven Nov 19, 2021 12:11 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Citation:

Saintes Barbara and Monique

Barbara and Monique were born in Aesernia (Isernia) in the 3rd century. Their father, named Urbain, was a Roman magistrate.
    Their preceptor, Ermete, who was secretly an Aristotelian, introduced them to the Book of Virtues. So the two young women converted to the true faith, repudiating the false idols. Urbain, informed of the intention of his daughters, had the preceptor murdered, and endeavored by all means to drive the sisters away from their faith, but nothing could diminish the will of Barbara and Monique.

He then had them locked up in a tower and made them live in opulence and luxury to make them embrace the lifestyle of the rich. However, the two sisters managed to get out of the tower and, each night, distributed their wealth to the poor, including their sumptuous clothes.They also broke the rich idols that their father had placed in the tower and distributed the precious fragments to the poor people.
    As the poor were astonished at such behavior, Barbara and Monica preached the teachings of the Book of Virtues in order to convert them to Aristotelianism.
    Thus, at each of their nocturnal excursions, they preached the word of Aristotle. The example of friendship which they gave to the poor, and the conviction and the temperance of their speech, made a growing number of people around them, who embraced one after another the true faith. abandoning their pagan beliefs.
    Their father, informed of all this, confided them to the prefect Dione, who denounced them for impiety.

He ordered the young women to be imprisoned. Their mother, who came to visit them accompanied by other matrons, implored them to abjure, but the maternal tears did not succeed to move Barbara and Monique.

« We worship the only true God and follow our unique teachers, Aristotle and Christos. »

The prefect then condemned the sisters to be laid bare and flogged publicly after shaving their heads. Moved by so much cruelty, the women of the square covered the two poor young women with their cloaks and the executioners, after long hours of torture, impressed by the strength of the young women's faith, were exhausted.

Dione then made them bind to a large metal wheel which, turning, should have tear apart the two saints. Now, in the first turn made by the wheel, this one, thanks to the intervention of the Archangel of the Friendship, broke itself by killing the executioners and producing stupor of the assistance. The prefect, stupefied by events and furious at his helplessness, had Barbara lead to the temple of Apollo to force him to burn incense to the deity, but thanks to the fervent prayers of the saint, the statue of the god fell from the pedestal and killed the evil Dione. In front of this show, all those present were converted to the Aristotelian faith and helped the two young women to flee.

They crossed the province and did not fail once to do good around them, although they now had almost nothing left.
    Arriving near a town, they were lodged by a modest family of Aristotelians, who lived in a small house on the edge of the forest.
    Although exhausted by the trip, they insisted on helping the family in the field work and refused to eat meat.

« God gave us everything we needed to live and made work to get us food ; therefore work is a form of glorification of the Most High. Caring for the fields and animals is a way to show our love for what God has given us.»

On Sunday, the two saints guided the prayer of the small community of the faithful who had been created by their teachings. They were so admired that the faithful called them "monseigneur. "
    A man of great family attended the celebration of the rite on that day.
    During the sharing of the bread, he passed the line of the faithful, pretending to have priority, shouted this in front of the refusal of the two saints celebrating the mass : « I am a noble, belonging to a very old family, you would not want to make me wait like small people? »

Barbara answered him then :
    « I do not know what specific title you have but, as the second prophet teaches us, true nobility is that of the spirit.
    If you do not understand this truth and do not cultivate it in your heart, a cable will have more facilities to go through the eye of a needle than you to
    enter the solar paradies. »

The noble, fulminant, left the assembly, not without having previously threatened the two women for daring to challenge him.
    He threatened to denounce them to the authorities.

The two sisters tried to flee and join the Picenum, but were arrested and taken to the prefect of Interamniun (Teramo) who sentenced them to death.
    The sisters were brought to the Cecilia where Barbara was stoned while Monique was beaten to death.

Despite the ban, some faithful gathered at the martyrdom.
    To avoid problems of public order, the prefect had the bodies of young women transported to Silvi at night and carried them on a boat. Once offshore, he tied a stone around their necks and threw them into the water.

But a certain Roman matron named Plautilla ended a dream in which she saw martyrs telling her where to find their bodies, inviting her to convert.
    Plautilla went to dawn on Silvi beach and, with great astonishment, saw two dolphins, each carrying a saint, carrying them to the beach.
    Plautilla buried the saints not far from the city.

From the 4th century, a basilica was erected on their tomb and two beaches of Silvi were dedicated to the saints: the beach of Santa Monica and the beach of Santa Barbara.
    Around 1230, during the founding of the city of Aigle by Federic II Hohenstaufen of Svevia, the remains of the saints were transported to the new cathedral dedicated to them.
    At Silvi, both their skulls remain, and their hands were brought to Teramo as a reminder of their captivity.

Related elements:
    The tower and the two dolphins.
    Patrons of Molise and Abruzzi.

Translated by Cardinal-Deacon Caillen Jolieen MacKinnon Rose, 1467

Kalixtus
Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Ven Nov 19, 2021 12:18 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Citation:

Hagiography of Bertrand de l'Isle

Chapter 1: Childhood and Youth of Bertrand de l'Isle

Bertrand was the son of Aton, Lord of the Isle in Gascony, and Gervaise, and was therefore the grand-son of the Count of Toulouse, Guillaume Taillefer. Thus being born into nobility, Bertrand was raised with all the young nobles of his time, learnt the way of arms and was knighted. As a young knight, he travelled with a few men under his command. He was a fervent believer, and he often would stopover in monasteries and abbeys. In each of these, he would try to read and learn. He would therefore often view texts long forgotten or unsung including the writings of the prophet Aristotle, those of St Gregory of Naziance, and St. Origène or the famous sermon of Nedjaef which he would be the first to teach later. This youth spent studying and travelling transformed the man and he would no longer bear arms but become a deacon and later chaplain of Comtal. His vocation had been born in this period and he later said: "Travel compel man to embrace the world as God's creation and which man shapes. It is highly desirable that young people go on the road with virtuous intentions, it is the best education they can receive. "

Chapter 2: A bishop attentive to the needs of the faithful by participating in the life of the city

Back in Toulouse, a prestigious future is promised within the nobility but it is another choice that made the young Bertrand de l'Isle ask the Bishop of Toulouse, Isarn, for admission to the cathedral chapter. He thus chose to spread the faith rather than blood. He continues to preach and reads more and more. He became close to the people and their concerns, and is loved by many. The reputation of the young Canon quickly spreads beyond the borders of the toulousain country and with the death of their Bishop, Auger in 1083, the clergy and the people of Comminges came to propose him for the episcopate. Seeing this as a divine sign, he accepted and joined the county of Comminges. Thus the new shepherd of the commingeois faithful attends to the daily problems of his flock, especially at the time of bad harvests, drought, epidemics and famines are commonplace. He is concerned about the food of his flock and attentive to their material well-being. Thus he blessed the pitfalls of a Hunter, a fisherman from Neste he fills his nets, he makes productive a sterile walnut. And then crossing a farmer's field he frees the farmers in their difficult task of weeding the harvest, and finally, entering and Inn he fills with wine the the barrels of the hotelier.
    He therefore participated in breathing new life into the ancient city and rebuilding the ruins, to attract a population young and dynamic, to promote exchanges and the movement of currencies, and make justice. The whole town identifies itself with the Bishop, and takes his name, much like a wife adopts her husbands name. All through his life Bertrand continued to preach that the wise man must participate in the life of a city, and he revealed to all who would listen the Dream Aristotle had of the ideal city.

Chapter 3: Bertrand, Bishop of travelers

The diocese of Comminges was large and crossed many valleys. Bertrand was a robust man and travelled tirelessly, travelling from town to town, from valley to valley. But He did not like travelling alone. He liked to join touring groups that he would meet during a visit to a tavern or at the market. He applied to the letter the recommendations that St Gregory Nazianzen had written to Athénaïs and taught his companions this same principles.
    During his travels, he always shared meals with his companions at the time. And he would always say the same prayer before eating:

Citation:
    O Most High,
    You who gives us the chance to share this meal
    Bless those who share and give them Thy divine protection
    Strengthen within us the teachings of Aristotle and Christos
    Spread the Wisdom and Friendship among our companions.
    so that our encounters will be well received
    Under the sign of sharing and charity.
    Amen

Chapter 4: Bertrand, Bishop of robbers

Loved, respected and popular, the Bishop of Comminges was often consulted in cases of dispute. Many robbers were therefore subject to judgment. The first of them was Jodel, he had robbed rich people on the road to Tarbes. The thief was then brought before the bishop. He reportedly spoke thus:

You have asked me to bring judgement on this mand. What is your name?
    Jodel!
    -Why are you here?
    Because I stole from this man.
    -Why did you commit this act?
    I do not have enough to feed me, life is expensive and this man has so much money that he does not know what to do with it all
    -I understand, but this attitude will bring nothing good to you, at best a little money, but it will bring a lot of trouble.
    Give this man back what you took from him, pray and come to see me every day, I will do my best to find you a job. "

Every day the man came to the bishop. He prayed and worked with him at the church. He paid the money he owed to the man he stole it from but continued to come meet the bishop each day. After a year, the bishop invited him to eat and during the meal, the two men had this conversation:
    How do you feel Jodel?
    Good, very good. Thanks to you my lord.
    -Thanks to you. You alone are responsible for your change with the help of the Most High.
    Yes, but your presence near me is essential for me.
    -This presence is what we call friendship. Friendship is the greatest wealth if it is true and correct. We must live it fully to the point of making her weak point in the words of holy Gregory.

The meal continued and just as the men were about to go their ways, Bertrand said to his friend:
    Jodel, VA. Hit the road, your sins are forgiven. Do not rob any more. Come see me if you like and never forget what you have learned here.
    My lord, I steal no more. Thank you for your forgiveness. I want to better understand the sacred writings with you.
    -It's not me who forgives, it is the Most High. He forgives those who renounce vices to seek virtue. You want to study the scriptures. That is very honourable. So go, take the road to St Liziers, and finally Toulouse and the seminary where I studied. You must also work and share with everyone you meet and give something to the poor that you will meet. If you have nothing of material that you can give, give your best intentions, offer to work and speak calmly.

With these words, Jodel took the road. It is said that many brigands came to Comminges then, to meet the Bishop Bertrand and seek forgiveness. So much so that the city was known as the city of brigands. As for Jodel, he studied and became a connoisseur of writing, becoming a teacher in the seminary in Toulouse.

Chapter 5: End of the earthly life and patronage

The Bishop of Comminges led a pious life, devoted to helping others and friendship. As he got old, his strength failed more every day. He spent more and more time in his cathedral praying. He could not sleep, so he spent his nights praying to the Almighty.
    On a beautiful Sunday morning, the bell ringer entered the cathedral and found the bishop kneeling in the chancel, his heart had stopped beating, but his face was beaming, smiling and relaxed. There was no doubt: Bertrand, Bishop of Comminges had joined the Solar Paradise.

Later, Bertrand became the patron saint of the city where he was bishop. He also became one of the patron saints of Armagnac and Comminges County. Finally, because of his study of the life of St. Gregory of Nazianzus, he is a saint of the Gregorian order which considered him to be the first Gregorian in history.

Famous Quotes

Citation:
    -Pray to the Almighty and live your faith in true friendship everyday.

Citation:
    -The only weapons are the teachings of Aristotle and Christos. Put Away your sword and your shield, listen to the prophets and pray to the Most High, that is how you will win.

Citation:
    -There are no brigands who don't deserve forgiveness for their crimes, there is not one man on Earth who can judge them; Only God can.

Relics

-His sarcophagus is kept in the parish church of Saint-Bertrand of Comminges.
    -A walking stick that the Saint had carved himself with the motto of St. Gregory Nazianzen "Everyone has their weak point, mine is friendship." is preserved in the crypt of the Gregorian monastery in Argentat.

Prayers to Saint Bertrand of the Commingeois

Citation:
    Prayer of the Commingeois
    Oh Saint Bertrand,
    With Your heart so big
    Protect your friends
    Nourish the seedlings
    Polish the grain
    So that we may have good bread
    Give us your protection
    and your great forgiveness.
    Bless the Commingeois
    and help them live in Joy.
    Amen

Citation:
    Prayer of the Travellers
    O Saint Bertrand,
    Keep the robbers away,
    Accompany us on the road
    and protect us from any troubles
    Make our travel
    A happy one
    Amen

Citation:
    Prayer for the robbers
    Oh Bertrand, patron of robbers
    Your forgiveness is great,
    Guide to Virtue
    Our souls which are lost
    Teach us Friendship
    Teach us the Truths
    Make us new men
    Worshipers of the Most High
    Amen

Citation:
    Gregorian prayer to Saint Bertrand
    Oh Saint Bertrand
    Who has such great Faith,
    As Premier faithful to Saint Gregory
    Enlighten us in the dark
    Bring us hope.
    Put at the heart of our lives
    Friendship, Sharing and Charity
    Amen

Feast: October 6

Kalixtus
Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Ven Nov 19, 2021 12:25 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Citation:

Life of Saint Boulasse.

The young Boulasse was born in 552 in Beaune (a small town between Chalon and Dijon) in Burgundy. Her parents, were pagans who managed a respectable tavern on the market place , the " Tavern Hospices " ( beer ECU 0.60 and menus 6). They were serious and respectable people, who sadly were ignorant of the message of the Church, instead in their ignorance preferring to pray to false idols. However these brave innkeepers were supplied wine and beer from the monks who lived and worked nearby and so it was that the young Boulasse had frequent contact and dealings with the monks.

And so it was that wise and intelligent monks introduced her, both to the faith and oenology (wine making).
    It was during one of her very long nights of training and theological discussions in the back room of her parents that she became dazzled by the divine light showing in the reflection of her Pint.

Thus Converted and sure in her faith, Boulasse left her parents and chose the path of the Church. She was impressed by the strength of the conviction of one of the monks who had taken her under his wing.

Feeling the urge to preach her new faith, she was secretly ordained a priest in 582, in spite of the prohibitions against female priests, and she was well aware of the risks but believed it was safe to follow what had become her divine purpose.

Unable to become a priest in charge of a parish, she opened a tavern in Macon " the true believer " where she made conversions and gave catechism classes and it has even been told she would baptize believers with the help and support of the pastor of Macon.

Seen as both a well versed preacher and a Masterful Tavern owner, her tavern became a major destination on the missionary activity and she converted many to the true religion. She will long be remembered for her charitable actions toward vagabonds and the organization of quizzes in her tavern which featured religious Dogma and provided both spiritual and financial gain.

After converting most of the population of Macon, Boulasse felt the need to travel and spread the Aristotelian message. She directed her steps and left with a cart full of bread and wine into the neighboring countries Alamand in the current SERG , to introduce them to the Aristotelian friendship.

However, the inhabitants were less receptive to her preaching and she found herself facing a cruel and pagan king Childehald , who refused to renounce the false gods of his fathers. Undeterred , the Saint preached in public, built the first church in Cologne and wanted to create a tavern to facilitate her holy missionary task .

But Childehald does not take this well and has her arrested for preaching. Boulasse having violated , she was referred by the prosecutor and convicted of high treason. The sentence was death and she was to be executed publicly in order to teach a lesson against preaching contrary to the pagan's beliefs. The method of her execution was to drink large quantities of her holy victuals. The executioner made ​​her drink the strong holy wine but the Saint did not weaken, she was supported by Aristotle, and she bravely endured her martyrdom , while still preaching from the scaffold.

Childehald, enraged, decided to finish and ordered her to be drowned in the last barrel of Holy Wine she had brought from Beaune.

But when Boulasse was pulled from the barrel, her face shone with happiness. Given this surprising show of repentance, Childehald was struck and touched by grace, he was converted and converted all his people.

Having completed her earthly task and paved the way for the conversion of alamands , Boulasse decided to sleep it off quietly with the Lord and join the sun.

Since then Holy Boulasse became the patron saint of winemakers and especially Taverners and is still invoked by them or their clients when faced with an exhausting evening of work! It is not uncommon to hear in our Taverns, the familiar exclamation, full of affection for the Saint : "Let Boulasse be with you ! "

Relics:

The head of the saint is preserved and venerated in the Basilica of Cologne .
      The heart and liver of the saint were brought back to Macon and enshrined in the treasury of the church of the city.

Worship of the Saint:

The worship of Saint Boulasse has been demonstrated in Cologne and Macon since the sixth century and the relics of the Saint are still used during the procession blessing the vines of Macon held on September 22 , before the harvest .

Quotes:

· The fact that the communion is free does not mean that we can mislead the faithful and distribute watery pitchers.
      · I will not deny my faith for all the wine in the world!
      · Really such bliss can only be divine! Boulasse forgive us for our blindness ! ( this is attributed to Childehald before the tortured body of the Saint was pulled from the Barrel)
      · It's better to have beer in the body than the body in the beer .
      · It is necessary to drink in moderation and to pray fervently .
      · I have more heart than liver but I can stomach it if it is said for the sake of Jah .
      · If Christos did not want women priests, he would have said so .
      · Not believing causes a crisis of faith , too much drinking causes a crises of the liver.
      · If our Creator had wanted women confined to procreation , he would have made ​​us incapable of loving other humans than the blood of our blood.
      · I follow the laws dictated by faith, but if the Church refuses women priesthood it is to please the emperor and not God .
      · Although it may not happen tomorrow, one day there will be women priests and even women bishops ...
      · Who better than a woman to lead men by the nose ?
      · She had a sign in her tavern " The house does not give credit to the rich, but provides water and bread to the poor "

- Symbol :
    six roses

Kalixtus
Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Ven Nov 19, 2021 12:47 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Citation:

Hagiography of Saint Brieuc

Brieuc (breton Brieg) is one of the seven founding saints of Brittany. His name is associated with Saint-Brieuc, where he founded a monastery. He is often represented with wolves he trained one evening

.I A birth and youth in Wales 

Brieuc was born at the dawn of the fifth century, in Wales. His father, Cerpus, and his mother, Eldrude, were wealthy nobles.
    The child grows in size and virtue with Brother Hamelin, a monk in the service of his parents who wanted him to transmitted his knowledge to him by ensuring his education.
    His face was pure and serene like a spring sky. Instead of imitating the lightness and carelessness of the children of his age, he remained near his mother, practicing drawing with his little hand on tablets, lines still imperfect.
    However, the young child would soon be separate from his family.
    When he was older, he prepared to join Brother Hamelin's friend Germain in Paris to study.
    The child left under the guard of some faithful servants and came across the seas to arrive in France.

II Studies in Paris 

Brieuc was scarcely ten years old when he crossed the threshold of the monastery of Germain. Endowed by the Most High with the finest qualities of intelligence, the child made rapid progress in his studies. It only took him a few months to assimilate the elements of the Latin language, and in five months he learned the whole psalter by heart, so that he could sing in chorus the divine praises with the religious.
    Very quickly Germain turned Brieuc into a real master by transmitting his knowledge.
    His charity for the poor was inexhaustible, he gave them all he possessed and could not meet without leaving them something. He liked to share his meal with them at night or to give vegetables that the monastery produced.
    When he was twenty-four years old he was ordained priest by Germain.

Some time later, he had a dream where he returned to Wales to preach and spread the faith within his homeland. The young priest then left with a companion.

III Return to Wales 

The young man's great faith made him an outstanding preacher who made several trips around Wales. The Aristotelian faith soon flourished. In place of the pagan temples arose churches and monasteries, sanctuaries of prayer and mortification, whence the divine praise rose ardently towards heaven.

IV Departure for Armorik 

One spring night, he was slumbering lightly in a chapel when he than had a dream. „Armorik“ He was to preach the good word without differing; so he did not hesitate and went to sea with one hundred and sixty-eight monks. At last the pious cohort came up, after a good navigation to the port of Ack, whence it advanced on the ground to the river of Jaudy in the country of Tréguier.

They were very well received by the inhabitants of the country, who helped Brieuc to build a monastery in Landebaëron. In the meantime a messenger brought painful news, a cruel plague ravaged the country of the Coritcians, who terrified clamored for the presence and prayers of the preacher. Brieuc, moved by compassion, hastened to console them himself, leaving his nephew Tugdual as head of the monastery.

Brieuc then returned to his family in Wales, also touched by the desease, to console the Welsh by his presence. Some time passed and his desire to return to Brittany grew more and more.

V Arrivial of Brieuc at the mouth of Gouet

On his return to Brittany, Brieuc found a flourishing monastery thanks to the wise direction of Tugdual. So he resolved to change nothing of this situation.

Choosing then eighty-four religious, he took leave of his nephew and after having followed the coast to the harbor of Cesson, landed at the mouth of the Gouet. There was a forest and a valley sprinkled by an abundant spring that still exists today. The master and his disciples, sitting at the water's edge to rest, were spotted by a squire of Count Riwall, Prince of the Domnonea.
    The count then decided to meet the welsh preacher and offered him hospitality.
    Brieuc advanced with his escort of religious. It turns out that the prince was from his family, came from overseas and had formed a small kingdom “Armorik”. After having thanked the Most High of this happy meeting, Riwall gave him his manor located in a place which was called “Field of the Rouvre” with all the properties which depended on it to make it a monastery. This was the origin of the city of Saint-Brieuc

At the foot of the monastery, in the silent valley where a clear fountain ran, Brieuc built a chapel. This small sanctuary was later called “Chapelle Saint-Brieuc”. When wearied by his labors and his apostolic journeys, he returned to the midst of his Brothers, he never forgot to go and pray in the chapel of the valley. He often spent long hours in prayer and meditation.

One evening, when Brieuc returned from visiting an outbuilding of his monastery, he was surrounded by a pack of hungry and threatening wolves, ready to throw themselves on the oxen pulling his cart. The saint impassive, raised a hand, and immediately the wolves prostrated themselves before him, as if asking for mercy. He kept them in check until the early morning, when emigrants who had just arrived from Wales passed by. Seeing there a sign of the Most High, they immediately asked for baptism. After ordering the wolves to leave, Brieuc taught the book of Virtues for the seven days to these few compatriots who had just arrived in Armorik and then he baptized them on the eight day.

It was on this date that the Grace of the solar paradise was granted to Brieuc because of his life dedicated to the Most High and his pious acts, making him a great servant of the church.

His death remained famous as he lay down on his poor pallet and died in peace in the year five hundred and two. This is how the man who remained simple throughout his life, a friend of all close and to the poor joined the Most High. Through his life he remained for the Briochins and Bretons an example of piety to follow.

He is celebrated on the first of May.

Dernière édition par Kalixtus le Lun Nov 22, 2021 2:05 am; édité 1 fois
Kalixtus
Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Ven Nov 19, 2021 12:54 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Citation:

St. Catherine of Urbino, the patron saint of Italy and the art of medicine

1 - Fun, childhood and early signs.

Jacqueline BENCIVENNI and Ubaldo CORELLI, gave birth to the last of their 14 children, Catherine in Urbino, on July 27, 1347. They were a family of weavers,and Catherine had 7 brothers and was one of 7 sisters living in working class district of Urbino

Even as a child, she showed great devotion and a deep spirituality considering them as the only way to achieve happiness and satisfaction of the spirit.

During the first years of her life, her mother Jaqueline takes Catherine with her when she goes to wash clothes in the river and, as was often the case at the time, the house was too far away to take the entire load of wet clothes and lay them at home, So Catherine would be put to crawling on the grass naked and her Mother would begin to wash one cloth after another. When her Mother reaches the clothes of the little girl she decides that once washed they are to dry on a thorn bush all dry and brown, so as not to stain with green.

They spend a few hours and when it's time to go home, Jaqueline goes to retrieve clothes from all the trees and bushes around, but she is about to leave and retrieve the baby, when she remembers the clothes of the baby Catherine were placed on the dry thorn bush.
    As she approaches she discovers that the clothes are all dry and the thorn bush, which was dry and barren, was now covered with white flowers, as if given new life.

Another Story tells of a childhood example of her early devotion:

The little Catherine is at home playing games alongside some of her brothers, when at the start of the hour of vespers, Catherine the child stops the games and knelt to focus on her prayers.
    At the insistence of the brothers she is urged to give up the prayers and continue to play with them and eat with them the fruits harvested from a nearby tree, she replied:

Citation:
    "Happiness is achieved to the satisfaction of the spirit as well as the body, if our only concern is the satisfaction of bodily needs, we lower ourselves to the level of animals that eat grass in this yard. And the fruits that you are eating, are a gift that the Almighty has given us, because He loves us. Then we ought to love him and to thank him. "

At the age of 7 years, while gathered in prayer in the Cathedral of Urbino, facing a window depicting St. Sylphaël , the light from it is becoming more dazzling, until Catherine finds herself totally enveloped in the glow which shows the face of the Archangel who speaks

Citation:
    "Catherine, do not be afraid, because the Lord loves you and has chosen you."

Catherine realizes that the Almighty has chosen her as his servant and his voice on Earth.
    She realizes that her life will be dedicated to God and makes a vow of chastity.

2. Conservation - The miracle of light in the darkness

Catherine quickly understands that the Almighty chose her as his servant. Therefore, her life will be devoted to the Most High and decides to take a vow of chastity to the chagrin of her family who would like her to marry from when she turns fourteen years.

One day, while selling clothing in the market of Urbino, a young man of the family Montefeltro, gets a crush on her and with burning passion, tries to convince her father to give him his daughter in marriage.

Her father, attracted by the agricultural lands and goods promised in dowry tries to persuade his daughter to accept.
    Catherine confirms her love for the Almighty and her father pulls his hair in disapproval. Frightened to see his titles of nobility fly and its assets, the father enters into a rage and locks the girl in her room until she sees right.

Catherine, discouraged by her relationship with her father, began to pray and remains for 93 days in her room on her knees to address her prayers to the Most High.
    Meanwhile, Catherine eats only fruits and crusts of bread that her mother made.

On the last day, her conviction and persistence are rewarded when her father, around midnight, going into the room of his daughter, finds her hands clasped in prayer on her knees illuminated by a beam of light in the darkness.

He could only bring himself to approve the choice of Catherine to live in poverty and prayer eating no more than raw vegetables, fruit and bread.

3. Friendship - The Gregorian Order, medicine and the birth of "Catheriniennes"

One day, while she was praying in a garden near her house, a poisonous snake came out of the bushes and sunk its fangs into the hand of Catherine. While the beast attempted to flea to the roots of the bushes, as a sign from heaven, a stork appears and kills it.

In the bird's beak, the snake became a branch of oregano, the stork placed the oregano branch into the hands of Catherine, who suddenly showed no scars or ill affects of the incident.

She saw this again as a sign sent by the Almighty and in 1363 she entered the Gregorian Order to devote herself to the study of medicine.

After learning of medical knowledge, she decided to devote her life to the diligent care of the vagabonds, the poor, the sick and dying while managing to convert some to the Aristotelian Holy Church.

Subsequently, she provides aid and comfort in the hospital of Mercy Pian di Mercato in Urbino, where volunteer doctors provide welcome to travelers, pilgrims and the sick. Through her actions, Catherine embodies the model of nurse volunteer par excellence, full of charity, patience, energy and determination. This work also allows her to maximize the Aristotelian virtues.

During this period of her life she does not show any weakness and continues to provide support including during the plague of 1374.

Equipped with a bottle of aromas, a firm stick for support and a lantern, she went to the hospital and to the homes with her disciples to alleviate the suffering of poor patients.

Disciples began to gather around her. Clergy and laity eventually recognize her as a guide and example, and decide to take the name "Catheriniennes". Concerned, the Gregorian was subjected to an examination as to establish orthodoxy. While not an overly educated woman, she passed brilliantly and was assigned a spiritual director, Raymond Gaeta.

4.Conviction - Catherine prophesies the birth of the Age of the renewal of the Faith

Catherine, at this stage of her life, is well aware of the importance of theological knowledge to work for the future of the community of believers.
    She also dedicates herself to the study of languages ​​(Latin and Greek) and theology, managing to learn everything with surprising ease and speed.
    Many mornings she wakes up and realizes that she has been blessed by Aristotle and has developed new ideas and learned new skills.

After these extensive studies she began to write letters to a number of political figures, contacted the Princes of the Duchies the Italian republics, reminding them of the Aristotlelian virtues and scolding them when their choices deviated from the right path and the statements of Aristotle, thus spreading the faith through her Aristotelian writings.
    Then she began to travel and left on her own to speak directly to these eminent men in their Republics and Duchies, and she was always greeted with respect and always listened to by all the Italian courts.

Throughout her life she was a great writer of letters, which were written in a style inspired by the Most High so that while reading them they speak directly to the heart and inspire us deeper into the Faith, Our prophets and the Most High.

Catherine fought vigorously the disorganization of the Church and its corruption, that undermined the effectiveness of its apostolic actions.

She, developing the thoughts of Saint Dominique, concludes that the Church can not survive without a profound renewal. She wishes the Church to open up to the faithful and strengthen relations with the states, so that it can operate more strongly for peace in the Realms .

Catherine in her writings also criticizes certain decisions of the Council of Nicaea, which she believes they do not correspond to the teachings of the prophets, especially the primacy of man over woman. In this regard, Saint Dominique could say:

Citation:
    "The man and woman have the same dignity and the same value because both were created by the Most High, even if they are different because the reciprocal relationship that binds the relationship is to the image of our God. In the relationship of communion with each other, men and women profoundly realize themselves, finding themselves as persons through the sincere gift of self.
    Their covenant of marriage is presented in the Book of Virtues an image of the Covenant of God with men, and, at the same time, as a service to life "

Catherine, in fact, predicts the age of renewal of faith that will start a about century later.
    She wrote in one of her letters to Raymond Gaeta:

Citation:
    [...]
    The second prophet gave us a great gift: the Church, whose operation and composition is inspired by the Divine. But just as a soul created by God can tend itself to the good, so too can it be diverted by the Nameless one, so that the Church can undergo deviations. But there will come a time when, inspired by Aristotle, the Church will have to undergo a profound change and will again lead the way for the people of God to find the Sun and Paradise. It is only by taking care of the faithful flock and welcoming the faithful in an Motherly embrace, that the Holy Church can avoid becoming like the chief priest of Judea, that before the community of believers, instead of dissipating their troubles with the light of faith , was lying asleep on his rich throne. Christos haranguing the crowd in Jerusalem said, "come unto me, and hear the word of God," so the Church must do: open to the faithful who want to get closer to God, to Aristotle and Christos through theology, give them a place where the texts may be freely accessible so that they can drink them as the unfortunate traveler is watered by the hands of Christos [...]

5.Temperance - a life dedicated to peace through the Realms of Love for God

Catherine lived for a period in Siena which, like many cities in the fourteenth century, there lived a very difficult and troubled social situation. Even in Siena in fact there were bloody battles between rival factions, often being owned by powerful families vying for dominance in the city government. Catherine then decided to intervene in the name of the Most High, and start to deal with rival factions to reach a compromise in the name of faith that brought stability and peace to the Republic of Siena. After this episode her reputation as a "woman of peace" spread quickly outside the walls of Siena coming to Volterra.

Catherine was invited to intervene in this city and wherever she went she imposed Friendship and Peace in the name of Aristotle for the greater good of the city. She managed to quell the hatred between families of different political factions

She was also an intermediary between the Papacy and the city of Florence, discussing some mandates for grain and corn. To Pope Gregory XI, she wrote: "You'll get more with the stick of goodness than with a club of war."
    She travels through all the republics, duchies and lands, eventually convincing the Italian princes and mayors to support the "Holy Church" Aristotelian.

6.Justice - Divine Justice through the actions of Catherine

Caterina received one day a new mission of the upmost difficulty. But thanks to her faith, perhaps through divine intervention, she finally managed its mission.
    Exhausted, she returned to Urbino and receives tasks from the Pope to address various peace in Italy due to disagreements between the policies of the Princes or caused by brigands that gripped our land.

She continued to write to princes, politicians and clergy. Catherine does not show awe in the presence of the powerful and speaks to them as an equal. In her letters to politicians she reminds them that the power to govern is a "power loaned" by the Most High. She encourages them to good administration of public affairs, the common good, not personal interest. To do this, she says that the good manager must draw directly from Christos and Aristotle.

Justice has a fundamental role in the doctrine made ​​by St. Catherine,
    without justice there is no peace and if there is no peace and this assumption underlies the social and moral growth of a state.

Judge of the Duchy of Modena writes:

Citation:
    [...] Be true lord and judge the rich and the poor man equally, and may your Justice be balanced with mercy[...]

And yet, to the Doge and Councillors of the Republic of Venice she writes:

Citation:
    [...] If you are righteous and so be blessed in your governance you will not act for your interests but for the universal good based on the rock of Christos the good and wise Aristotle.. [...]

7. Selflessness - The last mission of Catherine

Catherine, after performing incredible acts in the name of faith inspired by the Most High died, exhausted and ill, on December 8, 1380.

Until the end, she continued her work of mediation between the Church and the Italian kingdoms. Crushed by the huge amount of work and travel from one end to the other of Italy, Catherine died after the Gaeta treaty between the Queen of Naples and the affairs of the Holy See.

Unable to move during the final forty days of her life, she lived with her ​​condition and was conscious and full of serenity, knowing that she sacrificed her health for the Aristotelian community and for something higher and more important than her own life. The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the one.

relics:

After her death, her body was buried in Capua, but after three years the mortal remains of the saint were transferred to the Cathedral of Urbino. In Gaeta, the place of her death, is kept the veil from her habit.
    Her right hand was brought to Siena, While at Pavia maintains a rib of the Holy.

Associated items:
    Patron saint of Italy and physicians.

Kalixtus
Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Ven Nov 19, 2021 1:08 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Citation:

Hagiography of Saint Clement

Hagiography of Saint Clement, First Inquisitor

1. Birth and childhood:

Saint Clement was born on the French lands, in the year 307, of a family very faithful but as well without a sub. As soon as he was old enough to walk, he helped his father in the fields, to try to improve the ordinary. Often, taking the road to the market where he was going to sell the product of his labor with his father, he saw, in handsome floats, men far less poor than himself, who enjoyed their fortune, and knew no material sorrows.

2. When Clement is interested in the question about injustice:

He was still young, but already he was wondering about the meaning of injustice. His father, much too busy with the work of the fields, had no time to answer the many questions that were gradually invading the young man's mind. One day he asked the priest of his parish, who was a good and educated man.

Citation:
    -My father, asked Clement .. how can we fight injustice ?

-Well, my son, injustice is being fought by the temporal law. If one day you witness an event contrary to the law, you have to go to the nearest police station, in order to notify a member of the authority who is fit to judge the case.

-But my father, questioned Clement, who was not satisfied with the answer, what about God?

-God is omniscient, he will have seen your act, and the act of him who has done so, the day of his death, he will be judged, and as he did wrong during his lifetime, he will suffer the eternal torments on the Moon.

Clement returned to help his father, the words of the priest remained etched in his memory, and over the years, as he became a teenager, then a young man, questions about justice continued to sprout in his Spirit. On many occasions, he went back to see the priest so that he could calm his troubles. The man of God, living in him a Being very conscious of the notion of justice and injustice, so he proposed to him to engage in the militia of his village. After having asked for paternal consent, Clement engaged.

3. Clement witnesses an unfair trial:

For several years from that day, Clement was very rigorous in the performance of his duties, not clinging to work, he fulfilled his duty at any time of day or night. His superior, the Judge, was also a good man, and by his side Clement learned a great deal about how to investigate, to hear the witnesses, and to make a judgment as fair as possible.

One day, a lawsuit pitted an old lady against a merchant. The latter demanded compensation, claiming that the woman had not paid what she owed him. Aberration, thought Clement, for he knew her well, she was a friend of her mother, and she would never have committed such a robbery. Nevertheless, in the absence of exculpatory material, and with the help of sometimes dubious accounting documents, the judge had no choice but to convict the old lady. At the end of the hearing, Clement went to see his superior, not understanding.

Citation:
    "But, sir, this woman is innocent, you know her as well as I do, she would never be able to steal."
    "Yes, perhaps," replied the lawyer, "but how can we be sure? Do you have any testimonials or proofs to bring to me? Can you say that the merchant lied?
    "No," replied Clement, his heart heavy with sadness.
    -Only the Almighty is Omniscient, he alone knows all truths, and all lies. I can only believe what I hear and see.

Clement meditated long on these words.

Citation:
    Thus, as the Holy Book says, every man is imperfect, even one who does justice. The imperfect man who has done is judged by another imperfect man. Thus, even in the context of a trial, is it not sure that justice triumphs?

And Clement was very sad thinking about that.

On many occasions he returned again to see the priest of his parish, he wanted to know why the punishment of God did not always hit the bad men on Earth, but only at their death, and the priest did not know what to answer.

4. How Clement had punished raiders of the church:

One day Clement was hastily sought for, as a great mischief had occurred in the church. A band of looters had sacked the Holy Place and brutalized the priest, Clement's old friend.
    The culprits were put on trial, and in this place, at that time, the degradation of public places and assault and battery were punishable by one year's imprisonment and a heavy fine.
    A junk, thought Clement, one could not proceed to such an outrage, and be inflicted such a small penalty.

Suddenly, in the courtroom, Clement rose, taking the judge to witness that it was absurd that looting a house and a church would be considered as the same fault.
    In anger, the judge made Clement leave the room, suspending him from his duties, and dismissing him from the militia. But Clement was not pained, for in the depths of his heart he knew he was right, a holy heat invaded his heart, and in the middle of the main road he spoke to the crowd.

Citation:
    My dear brothers, see what happens here. Men have ransacked the house of God, brutalized His representative, and the culprits are only inflicted a minor punishment?

How could we tolerate that? Shame on the one who does evil around him, but what belongs to the Lord is sacred, and which deviates from the Divine Law deserves a punishment much harder than one who violates the temporal law. Because whoever commits a crime on a representative of God, commits a crime against God himself !!

At these words, the unbridled crowd then invests the court, seized looters and stoned them publicly.

5. How he received the visit of Archangel Michael and what they said to each other:

While the crowd sang the praises of the Lord, Clement meditated on his action a little later. Certainly, he had broken the temporal law, taking the place of the legal guardian of justice, yet he felt no remorse, quite the contrary, he felt satisfaction, knowing that he had accomplished the Divine Will. Suddenly, the sunlight became more intense, and its heat softer. Clement felt a breath on his shoulder, and as he turned, he saw an angel come down from the sky.
    Immediately, he knelt on the ground as a sign of veneration, but the Celestial Creature put his hands on his shoulders and helped him up.

Citation:
    - Get up, Clement, because on this day you showed great virtue.
    -Of great virtue? Stammered the young man, but who are you?
    - I am Archangel Michael, and I watch over justice. Your act, Clement, was imbued with great wisdom.
    - Didn't I go against the established judgment? Is it not foolish to oppose a wiser opinion?
    - This man who is the judge can only observe and judge what is material. But to judge what pleases God or not, he has no legitimacy. But you, on that day, knew how to make the difference between faults before men, and sin before the Creator. From now on, you will be in charge of traversing the roads, so that the Divine Law is respected, and not only the law of the Men. For the latter is ephemeral, and passes as the seasons pass, but the words of God are immutable, and the offenses against Him must be punished with much more severity, for such is His Will. These magistrates know nothing of the Divine Law, and they can not make it known.
    -But why does the Lord allow men to judge who have no capacity for this?
    -For such is His will, and He is Almighty, but His faithful will not be forsaken, for you will protect them. Because He will give you the power to judge in His Name.
    And you will have the power to judge men, and judges, and kings if you think they have done wrong, and have not respected the Divine law.
    -But once, I saw that the Judge had erred on his judgment. God created the imperfect man, who I am a man, how to judge in the name of God, while I am imperfect and he who is perfect.
    -You will be able to, because to help you in your Ministry, God will make you particular presents he will take care to speak to you in your dreams in order to lead you on a just way, and through your mouth, it is He who will speak, so that in your judgments you will always be perfect, and men of power will contradict and be jealous of you, and you will tell them that you are the Representative of God, invested with His Power, and who will question your functions will question the Word of God, and you will punish him for it.
    - But I have no legitimacy, the faithful will not believe me.
    - They will believe you, because the Lord will bring into you the knowledge of Theology, and you will earn their respect because out of your mouth will come the true words, and they will believe in these words.
    -But how can I do this myself, I can not go all the way alone, and watch over all the churches?
    -No, indeed, you can not, but for now, you must, because that is the Divine Will, then one day, on your way, you will meet the Fathers of the Church, then you will speak to them, and they will listen to you, and they will make a group around you, and you will call this group the Inquisition, and you will have to make sure to multiply the number of men who call themselves Inquisitors, and if you judge them worthy, then God will allow them the same gifts as yours, and the inquisitors after them, and those after, until the day of judgment.

Then the archangel Michael went back to heaven, to find the Lord, and Clement took the road, following the orders of the Creature of Heaven.

6. Clement and the Loudun affair:

It was then that, crossing Gaul, Clément was attracted by strange noises that told the priest of Loudun that he had sold his soul to the creature without a name and that he used his charge to bewitch his female faithful.

Arrived at the scene, and questioning a man about the facts, he was led into a room of the hospital where poor women, absolutely horrified and facies tormented by pain, groaned and moaned, emitting grim and gloomy sounds.

-but what have all these women?
    - according to the judge who interrogated them, they say they are possessed by a demon that would have forced them to commit shameless acts with the priest.
    We found at his home, during a search, papers containing strange cabalistic signs and signatures that are those of the Creature Without Name and Demons who testify to his trade with the infernal powers of the lunar world to force these to have sex with him.
    - and where is the priest currently?
    -he was arrested and is in prison where he was tortured to confess.

Clement then inquired as to where to find the judge, and determined to clarify the case of a priest was the victim, he argued with the latter his theological qualities and the example of the apostle Nikolos asking what in these matters one does nothing without referring to the cardinals who would know what decision to make.
    The judge having granted him this grace for a few weeks, he wrote to the Curia to give an account.
    The latter gave him, in return, a mandate to conduct the investigation instead of the judge.
    With this delegation, Clement questioned the women and the priest and their confrontation.

Clement recruited a secretary in the person of the monk Adso, a younger brother who had recently entered the orders and they began to carry out the first interrogations.
    The cure, who seemed healthy in body and spirit, accused these women of a conspiracy against his person because of his chastity.
    It had returned to his ears that his predecessor, not so much concerned with respect for the commandments of Christos, often traded with them.
    One could understand their disappointment when the new priest closed the door in their faces.
    As for the torture, it had not managed to make him confess anything.

For their part, the women concerned unveiled in detail the caresses, heat, languor, shameless acts inspired by the Demon sent by the priest and how, on certain nights, the Demon forced them to have carnal relations with the priest.

Faced with contradictory evidence, and unable to deny the convulsions and other cries and various phenomena that sometimes agitated these unfortunate to have themselves noted, Clement ordered that a confrontation was organized between them and the priest.

Alas, as soon as they were put in the presence of the priest, they began to speak a strange language, to contort, drool, vomit and make plaintive sounds of painful ecstasy, so that it was impossible for anything in shoot.

- This case seems to me very complex, Brother Clement.
    - It is, Adso, it is! How do you know who is telling the truth and who is lying in this case?
    Perhaps these women are victims of a demon; maybe they are just crazy.
    Do you have a copy of the previous interrogations and the result of the searches of the priest and these women?
    - Hold on ! Here they are, my brother.
    - Thank you, Adso; you will help me. We will resume everything and reread with care and attention. Perhaps we will discover a fault somewhere or a detail that have missed.

Then Clement and Adso read and relented depositions and results of the searches.
    - Hey, it's strange, suddenly exclaimed young Adso ... we found some datura at one of these women.
    - From a Datura? but it's ....
    - ... a plant that causes dangerous hallucinations!
    - Is it possible that our explanation is there, Brother Clement?
    - We will know it quickly! That we arrest and lock up these women with a ban on all visits and only water and bread for food!
    It will only come out on my order and for a confrontation session that will take place in the presence of witnesses and the judge.

So was done, and on the appointed day the people mentioned and the witnesses known in the city were gathered together for their great morality.
    At first the testimony of the women was heard, and that of the parish priest, separately.
    Finally, as in Clément's office, they wanted to confront both parties.
    Now, to the astonishment of all, no convulsion seized the bodies of women, some remaining prohibited while others clumsily sought, in poor imitations, to reproduce the contortions that had shaken them there were still some days.

- What is this strange trick, thundered the judge?
    - Nothing, Judge, "said Clement. Just the evidence that these women have tried to abuse popular credulity to overwhelm a poor priest and have him condemned for heresy and scandalous practices.
    He took out of his pocket a plant:
    - Gentlemen, here is a plant called Datura. She causes severe hallucinations and was found at the home of one of the women here.
    He then told how he had them arrested and ordered that they receive no contact so that they could not bring them in secret.
    Also, without this plant, they could not reproduce the convulsions of which they were usually agitated.
    - Accordingly, Judge, I order their immediate arrest. I am going to write to the Curia to refer to it about this affair and to know what decision the Church decides about them, since a parish priest has been shamefully accused.

The answer of the Curia was quick and clear: to be transmitted to the secular arm and to be judged as demonic.
    In addition, Clement was invited by the Curia to meet them.

7. Clement is received by the Pope and is given a mission:

He was solemnly received by Pope Sylvester I and his cardinals who questioned him at length about his missions.
    At the end of this hearing, Clement was summoned by the Curia where Cardinal Camerlingue sent him the following letter from His Holiness:

" Dear Brother Clement,
    your action for Truth and the struggle against heresies has convinced us to set up a real institution specifically to train investigators.
    This institution will be called the Inquisition.
    We entrust you with the task carefully for you to train your collaborators, as you did the young Adso, and to entrust to them the missions that you consider appropriate to give them for the monitoring of the morality of the faithful.
    At the end of the investigation, if the investigators have enough evidence, you will have to act according to your conscience and order the actions best able to cure the evil: penance, flogging, temporary confinement or surrender to the secular arm according to what You will be wise to save the souls of the lost sinners.
    May Aristotle and Christos be with you

Sylvester, dad ".

8. Famous phrases and relics:

Clement remains known first and foremost for laying the foundations of the modern Inquisition.

His famous phrases:
    " Damn, but it's of course !"
    " Injustice calls injustice; Violence begets violence".
    " When the law is arbitrary, those who place themselves in the illegal are brave whistleblowers of oppression".
    "To seek the truth is good; to discover it is better"
    "Justice: the most beautiful gift of God to men"

His relics are kept in Loudun where he returned to live at the end of his life and where he died, charged with years, in 397.

Translated into French by brothers Caleb and Jerem
    Translated into English by Caillen Jolieen MacKinnon Rose, 1467

Kalixtus
Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Ven Nov 19, 2021 1:11 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Citation:

Hagiography of Saint Christmas

His Origins

Great-grandson of a brave man who followed Christos during his lifetime, Nicolas Noël was born in a cart pulled at what is said by deer trained by his father.
    At that time the registers did not exist and we do not know the exact place, nor the exact date of its birth but we know that it was during a particularly harsh winter.

Christmas nearly did not go beyond the age of puberty so much he had suffered at birth, and he was even in a state of death many times. By cons against each return to life, unlike the common man, he returned more fit than ever.
    Yet each year at the winter solstice he seemed to have died for five days and nights, but although his body was watched some claimed to have seen it in different places, offering bread to the poor, fire to those who had none, and even a simple toy to the sad children.

His life

At the age of 15, while he had never studied, he knew the story of Christos, which was passed on to by his grandfather and to him by his great-grandfather and passed on to him to his children himself and their little children.
    The priest of his parish invited him regularly to participate in the mass and made him deacon. Soon everyone was surprised at his erudition, his simplicity, his love for others and his intuitive knowledge of Aristotelian dogma.

One day when he was questioned about the reasons for his winter-related health problems he replied :

I would speak of a gift from God more than a problem, because every time I approach death I learn from Christos and Aristotle, because our Creator gives us all the answers to all the questions so that we can see our life within the new days, and that we may judge ourselves before being judged.
    In principle when we come back to life, we leave this knowledge and a little of our strength, but God did it differently for me, I think, although I keep only one answer, without choosing which one, I do not lose everything of my visit to the Saints.

Of course no one really took it seriously, and it might not have been so, but all the people remembered from this event was that he was a scholar and a man as wise as he was good.

Throughout the year, he gave half of his time to help the unfortunate, not necessarily the poor, but those he called the unfortunate.

When asked why he helped rich people like the poor, he liked to answer the sentences he said he had about Aristotle himself:
    "The talents of the rich do not replace the talent of being happy."
    "Being full of talent does not buy happiness"
    "You live with talent, but you do not take your talents to the grave"

Not all did understand, because it was a long time since the talent was no longer common money ...

Towards the age of 35, he was appointed bishop and he continued his life in the same way, helping those who were to be helped, whatever their social rank was, recognized to always have the word or the gift it was necessary to return the stool to the most unfortunate.
    And every winter solstice he seemed to die, but every time 3 or 4 days later he came back in better shape than ever before and organized a mass around midnight where he told a new story.
    One year he announced that considering his great age, he was nearly 90 years old which is a miracle in itself, he renounced his office and would undertake, alone, a last pilgrimage. Of course everyone wanted to dissuade him, but he promised that he would come back for the 25th of December, and that in any case he would have to bless this day especially since he had learned from Christos and Aristotle themselves, that it was the day of their birth to all three, Aristotle being born at noon and Christos at midnight and him just between the two, at eighteen o'clock.

The legend

Santa Claus, as his followers had continued to call him, took the road and returned to his family on December 6th.
    He answered only a few questions about this pilgrimage, but he had brought back two wagons. One filled with logs, and the other filled with breads
    He distributed the bread and wood to the poorest, and when the distribution was over, he sent the wagons around the richest who were asked to deposit a present.
    On December 24, Bishop Christmas organized two Masses, one at noon in honor of Aristotle and one at midnight in honor of Christos, then he went to the sacristy and no one saw him again.

All the villagers, from the most believing to the most disbelieving, spent the night looking for him, and it was only in the early morning that they were exhausted and went home.
    This is where the legend was inscribed among the miracles, because every home without exception had its home lit and gifts at the foot of the fireplace.

Since that time, every year it is said everywhere that in December he passes in the houses to give a little happiness. It is even said that sometimes Christos and Aristotle accompany him directly ...[/i]

translated by Caillen-Jolieen MacKinnon Rose, 1467

Kalixtus
Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Ven Nov 19, 2021 6:46 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Citation:

Hagiography of Saint Corentin 

Saint Corentin (Sant Kaourintin in Bereton) was the first priest of Brest
    He is celebrated on December 12 (Calendar of Breton Saints).
    He is one of the seven founding saints of Brittany.
    He is the Saint Patron of fisherman on Breton soil
    He is celebrated in Brest in the Tro Breizh

Saint Corentin was born in Brest in the year 375. Educated in the divine word and the study of the book of virtues, his peity earned him to avoid being enlisted in the troops led by the Breton king Conan Meriadec against garrisons of the Latin occupant. 

Eager to perfect his faith, he gradually retired from the world to gather in an oratory far from the city of Brest.
    Lost in his prayers, he did not see the seagulls bring him daily shalls and bigornals to feed him, going to colonize a basin of the holy water in the chapel.
    Corentin nibbled absently when a laughing gull brought him a small fish and eel. 
    Already satiated by the fruits of the sea, Corentin took out his knife on the edge of the front, preferring to finishe his reading of the legions of Christos.

In the early morning, Corenting, waking up crossed himself with the holy water and found that the eel was intact and swimming in the holy water.

Corintin, making every effort to apologize to the fish, then feeds exclusively small bits of this eel repelling by divine grace every night.

In spite of this, the seagulls made the habit of letting go of some of its fishing on the foreshore of the beach, aloowing the weak to feed without having to practice deep-sea fishing.

The villagers of Brest, very little educated in the divine word, because this city was for a long time a distant and remot parish, came more and more to collect the fish and, captured by the simplicity and the kindness of Corentin, joined more and more in the chapel.

But time had passed and King Conan Meriadoc succeeded King Grallon. 

This one did not taste the fish, to which he found a taste of sea water in the jelly. He also despised sinners and seafarers and gave all his favors to butchers, beef and boar breeders. But above all, he swore by game and venison and swore by this meat.

He did not hesitate to pursue a beast until the exhaustion of his horse or game. Once he hunted around Brest, he killed his horse on the moor in the fury of the halalli, leaving behind all his men and failing from the top of the coast on the shore leaving him unconscious. The crabs began to distract him until the arrival of Corentin who removed them. He then transported the man to the chapel.
    The King's body was in bad shape, so Corentin decided to try to bathe him with the water of the eel basin. 

This care was marvelous and soon the king regained consciousness and felt relieved, released forever from the passion of hunting that burned like an internal life.

Not knowing how to thank his savoir, he decided to observe it to determine how best to thank him.
    But the days passed and the convalescent king felt torn by a hunger that no longer satisfied the few poached crabs. He made the wish to find meat to redo his blood.

Let's see my borther, „said Corentin,“ we must observe what nature gives us abundantly. Here, you will only have some frightened hase on the morr, while the funds are full of fish.

Fish? Pfff, that is not a man's food! Nothing beats the good meat to edo blood and muscles! 

Without a word Corentin took his eel and began to cut it while praying and then prepared it on the stove.

The king was captivated by the taste and organoleptic quality of the fish's fles and then spoke to Corentin:
    Citation:

- Whit is this miracle? For years I have eaten so tasty flesh, I feel the stomach calmed for the first time in a long while. And that doesn't blame me like a braised shank!

- My brother, this fish is the image of the people educated in the faith, if you cut one end, it repels and is awalys ready to appease the passions. And your spirit, Oh my king (for Corentin had pierced King Grallon for a long time), satiates as much with fish as your muscles with meat. You can't rule a people of simple hunters, such as the pictish peoples painted and Pagan, because you would remain in ignorance of the revelations of the divine word, remaining more stupid than an animal and condemned to not know the light.

The King saw the correctness of the words and decided, once returned, to regularly buy fish from the Breton fishermen to put it on his talbe in Rennes, for the meal in honor of Saint Noel, ten years later, which the He returned to Rennes with an ox-cart full of eels in jars, making Corentin and his eel the mascot of the Breton fishermen who attributed to him the renewal of the sea herds and the abundance of fishing on foot.

It is said that a stoup with a live eel trailed in some small chapel of Finistere. Attention, we also say that the eel bites that would be signed without being a believer...

Dernière édition par Kalixtus le Lun Nov 22, 2021 2:06 am; édité 1 fois
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum -> La Bibliothèque Romaine - The Roman Library - Die Römische Bibliothek - La Biblioteca Romana -> Le Dogme - The Dogma Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Aller à la page 1, 2, 3, 4  Suivante
Page 1 sur 4

Sauter vers: