L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church
Forum RP de l'Eglise Aristotelicienne du jeu en ligne RR
Forum RP for the Aristotelic Church of the RK online game

Lien fonctionnel : Le DogmeLien fonctionnel : Le Droit Canon
 FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   Liste des MembresListe des Membres   Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs   S'enregistrerS'enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

[RP] Parrocchia di San Vincenzo in Via
Aller à la page Précédente  1, 2, 3, 4  Suivante

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum -> La place d'Aristote - Aristote's Square - Platz des Aristoteles - La Piazza di Aristotele -> Les faubourgs de Rome - The suburbs of Rome - Die Vororte von Rom - I Sobborghi di Roma
Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
Doron

MessagePosté le: Mer Mar 09, 2022 12:12 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

------------March 2 - Ash Wednesday

---O my Dove, you are in the holes of the mountain sides, in the cracks of the high hills;
---let me see your face, let your voice come to my ears;
---for sweet is your voice, and your face is fair

"Lord almighty, have mercy on me"

These words had accompanied the entire journey of the prelate from his office to the Church of Saint Vincent, alternating short breaks within them only to be able to fully understand where he was and what road he had to follow, that, in truth, he had already perfectly memorized since his first visit. He had always believed that the habit of continuously repeating the name of the Lord in very short sentences during his prayers, was the oration par excellence to ensure great spiritual progress, since it had always had little value in his eyes, those who constantly felt the need to flaunt their faith by showing themselves off with countless words for the sole purpose of filling themselves with devotion in the eyes of others. True faith is actually born from listening, and for this reason more than wasting time in reasoning how to express our faith in ever more beautiful words, man should train himself in listening to what God has to say to his inner world, and for this, he called this type of prayer, the prayer of the heart: a prayer that makes the slightest use of words to get in touch with God... and sometimes the Lord complies with this desire by granting His own Graces in the form of small inner joys that Doriano, being a person who was particularly sensitive to these things, could grasp, such as relief for when he was sick, support for his life, and refuge in his penances. Precisely for this last benefit he had taken care to repeat the whole day this prayer as if it was a mantra, to worthily prepare himself for the particular time of penance and conversion to which the universality of the faithful was in preparation to live; begging to God that through it He could perform a concrete unconscious purification so to heal all the difficulties and wounds of his soul... those hidden areas of which we can take care of by simply standing before God.

In that exact moment, Doriano was asking mercy to the Lord looking at the sweet suffering face of the one who had loved the world so much to give his own life for the sake of it: The Prophet Christos, the Lord's beloved, who from the cross offered his forgiveness to all those who had delivered him to the embrace of death, not neglecting to benefit even those who still had their mouths full of blasphemies against him and their hands dirty with his blood, and that even today, through the expression offended but full of love of that statue, seemed to keep offering his forgiveness to those who were not ashamed to tarnish the likeness to him, to which every believer should aspire, with the practice of sin; when, in the respectful absolute silence of the Church, he heard steps approaching from behind, that made his head turn to the sound of them:

"It seems that you couldn't catch me off guard this time, dearie" - it was the young German boy from a few days before... but this time he was not wearing the Tarcisian, that is the long white robe for altar boys, with red stripes from the shoulders to the feet, but the alb, the vestment of the ministers: sign that His Eminence had decided to listen to him in promoting the boy.

"Yes, good evening, Father Doriano, I wanted to apologize for..." - Doriano waved him to make silence

"Hush, my child, come... sit here with me for a moment" - he made room for him on the bench on which he was sitting, inviting him to sit on it, tapping on its wood twice. After he got close to him, he started talking... normally, he would have started by scolding him for having dressed before the celebrant, but in his heart, he knew very well why he had done it and so he decided to overlook it for this time - "Last time we met we greeted each other a little abruptly... I hope my little trick didn’t upset you too much, darling." - He let it go a giggle - "But I had understood right away your potential and along with it also the weakness of your too touchy personality and I felt to act in a way that seemed to me more rapid and effective to make you fully understand that the reason for which you are all the way here from the distant German Kingdom in order to realize what the Lord is calling you to do, is not simply that of becoming a priest; you, like every one of us, have been called to become Saint through priesthood! And if you read the various wonderful lives of the saints, you would realize that they always have three characteristics in particular: they were men of prayer, they had a particular devotion to the two Holy Prophets, and have always worked within the hierarchical communion of the Church, never considering it as personal oppression, but living it as a great value and a gift of God. And it was this last thing that I saw missing in you" - His face became serious - "This is a great mistake, an error of charity, because by putting yourself outside the communion of the Church, you're failing in the love towards your superiors and your brothers and sisters, and for it, do not be fooled, you will never be a good shepherd, 'cause only a heart that loves can be worthy of a priest: a love that we can learn abundantly from our brothers and sisters who have travelled longer than you and I along the path of faith and can, in view of this experience of theirs, say to be closer to us to the glory of the solar paradise of which the saints enjoy in fullness: and for this reason we can consider them superior to us in a twofold sense"

He stopped for a while so that his interlocutor could have time to somatize what he had just wanted to convey:

"But don't get me wrong now, I certainly don’t want to try to fool you with such a naive speech: the path to sainthood is really a very difficult one, and we certainly can't say that all of our superiors can be perfect examples of moral life and faith just for the simple fact that they were able by their earthly value to have been called to the highest ministries of pastoral guidance. Indeed, in my life, I can say that I have only known one such man, who is also from... around your parts, too: a priest on which the favor of the Lord shines in such a way that the angels themselves flock in droves to listen to his Masses, where they kneel before him to receive the thousand graces that radiate from his hands, contemplating before them the presence of God Himself in a man! Almost a truly transcendental being of otherworldly human intelligence and ability: through his actions is the very hand of God that seems to enter into the history of men to make it his own and modify it, the words that he speaks are never the fruit of some rational wisdom so peculiar to men, but of the sacred inspiration of the one and true divine wisdom. He's like the fog, you can see him, you can hear him, but you can’t catch him, sometimes he's very personal, then politely distant again, he's the boundary between light and darkness - the place where everything is decided - the first line where war begins and ends... - He laughed without emitting a sound - "I'm sorry... from your expression I completely understand that this may seem pure madness to you, my dear, but that's because yes, it's exactly like that, it is the famous madness of the Saints! Some would even see in these behavioural signs the symptoms of what our physicians call melanconia, but in reality they're clear proof of their being more citizens of the sky rather than mere dwellers of the earth, for the logic itself that they have managed to fully embrace, is what the rest of the mundane world considers madness! A logic of life that, like our beloved prophet, leads you to become a servant of your next by offering all of yourself, even your own life to him!"

He got up from the bench, inviting the uncertain young man, who was now speechless after his passionate speech, to do the same thing, to whom, once he was on his feet, he laid a hand on his shoulder:

"I pray that one day you too may be like such a man. But come, His Eminence is waiting for us... what’s your name, by the way?"

He asked the boy, as he walked to his side towards the sacristy with his left hand wrapped around his shoulder:

"Luzius" - he replied, without asking anything else.

----------------------------------------

As the bells were beginning to be heard, they both entered the sacristy, and at this point, Doriano released his fatherly embrace so that the incense bearer could go and prepare his own liturgical tools and also begin to coordinate himself with the other ministers, to whom he handed him over, before reminding all of them, one by one, of their positions and prerogatives during the celebration... if there was any need at all of it. He had almost finished his speech, when the cardinal crossed his path with him, to whom he bent the knee before he could even begin addressing him with his words, avoiding reaching out to his hand to kiss the cardinal ring. When he had finished speaking, always on his knees, Doriano replied:

"Good afternoon, Your Eminence. Unfortunately, I must say that today's fasting has found me a little weak in the exercise of my daily duties; in this, I have to recognize with sorrow my incapacity to possess the astounding ability to always fully preserve impeccable looks, as His Eminence, but even so, everything is ready to perfection"

Then he stood up, while the cardinal gave order to an acolyte to go and place the vase with the ashes on the altar, which was also followed by the exhortative gesture of the deacon; not certainly for the need to confirm a direct order of cardinal Felipe or to override his authority, but to further encourage the uncertain acolyte on what he had to do as soon as possible. And so, while the acolyte left the sacristy, all the present who were inside began to arrange themselves in order, according to function and rank, forming an orderly procession that had at its end, as always, the cardinal with Doriano at his right side. In the most respectful silence, all the ministers, in their purple attires, stood in their place, waiting for the acolyte to place the ashes on the altar: the partial sound of the inner bell, which was then rung by him, once he was done, was the signal for the procession to begin their rhythmical and unrelenting motion, accompanied by the singing of the choir, that stopped only when all were above the altar:

"Et cum spíritu tuo"

He answered after the initial exhortation, from his spot to the celebrant’s right side, who immediately after began the prayers of Collect, that he read from the Missal that a minister had brought in front of him, as the deacon was taking in his own hands the thurible from the thurifer, spying in the same time, out of the corner of his eye, on the bearer of incense, who, like the previous time, had already disposed himself near him, but now with a smile that showed diametrically opposed feelings: those of respect and esteem. When the prayers which were from the proper of time were also finished, Doriano and Luzius approached the cardinal so that he could bless the grains of incense and perfume with them the ashes, while on the other side, the minister carrying the holy water and the aspergillum was also taking his first steps toward them.

Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Sam Mar 12, 2022 10:08 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Felipe waited patiently for Dorianus and the young Luzius, whose compenetration was now perfect and synchronised during the liturgy, to bring the censer and the naveta. As the deacon opened the censer, the young cardinal inserted the silver spoon with the grinded incense into it; immediately a cloud of aromatic smoke ascended into the air until it was lost in the height of the vault of the parish transept: the incense resembled for Felipe a prayer ascending to the throne of God in the Solar Paradise. At that moment another of the acolytes approached with the acetre filled with holy water and the aspergillum: both were also made of silver. The cardinal dipped the hyssop into the water and then sprinkled three times to bless the container of ashes that had been placed on the altar.

-----------------------------

Then the cardinal begins by singing the first phrase of the Antiphon: Aspér-ges me! and immediately the sochantre raises his hands and the choir also begins to sing...

Dómine, hyssópo, et mundábot: lavábis me et super nivem dealbábor. Miserére mei Deus, secúndum magnam misericórdiam Tuam.
    [You shall sprinkle me with hyssop, and I shall be cleansed: You shall wash me, and I shall be made whiter than snow. Have mercy on me, God, according to Your great mercy.]

While the antiphon still reverberates on the church walls, the cardinal takes the censer from the hands of the deacon and incenses the altar three times. He then returns the thurible and kneels before the altar, and taking some ashes, he draws a cross on his own head, symbolising the penitence of the believers who begin Lent. Immediately the choir begins to sing another antiphon:

Immutémur hábitu in cínere et cilício: jejunémus, et plorémus ante Dóminum: quia multum miséricors est dimíttere peccáta nostra Dues noster.
    [Let us change our garments for ashes and cilice: let us fast and lament before the Lord: for our God is plentious in mercy to forgive our sins]

And then the responsory:

Emendémus in mélius, quæ ignoránter peccávimus: ne, subito præoccupáti die mortis, quærámus spátium pæniténtiæ, et inveníre non póssimus. Atténde, Dómine, et miserére: quia peccávimus Tibi. Adjuva nos, Deus, salutáris noster: et propter honórem nóminis Tui, Dómine, líbera nos. Repeat Atténde, Dómine.
    [Let us amend for the better in those things in which we have sinned through ignorance: so that suddenly overtaken by the day of death, we may not find ourselves seeking space for repentance, without being able to find it. Attend, Lord, and have mercy: for we have sinned against You V/. Help us, God of our salvation, and for the honour of Your name deliver us.]

While the choir continued with the responsory and the voices, most of them correctly tuned, pronounced those prayers in Latin, Felipe began to impose the ashes on the rest of the ministers and acolytes who were next to him; they also knelt before the altar. He did so with special care, always with great respect for the sacred symbolism of the moment, first Doriano and luzius and finally the other altar servers.

Cíneres Oanilóniæ dedúcant te in viam purificatiónis.
    [The ashes of Oanilonia lead you on the path of purification]

Afterwards, the young prelate also imposed the ashes on the rest of those present, starting with Cardinal Silvio, who had been kind enough to attend the Mass, and finally the other parishioners.

Cíneres Oanilóniæ dedúcant te in viam purificatiónis.

When the imposition of ashes was finished, Felipe returned the recipient of the ashes and addressed the faithful in a raised voice:

Dóminus vobíscum.
    [May the Lord be with you.]
R/. Et cum spíritu tuo.
    [R/. And with thy spirit.]

Then, just before the start of the mass, the prelate said a prayer asking the Almighty to intercede for strength for that day's fast:

Concéde nobis, Dómine, præsídia milítiæ aristotélicæ sanctis inchoáre jejúniis: ut, contra spiritáles nequítias pugnatúri, continéntiæ muniámur auxíliis. Qui vivis et regnas per ómnia sæcula sæculórum. Amen
    [Grant us, O Lord, to begin the defence means of the Aristotelian militia with holy fasts, so that, having to fight against evil spirits, we find ourselves equipped with the aid of abstinence. Thou Who livest and reignest forever and ever. Amen]

_______.______Sanctae Mariae Rotundae cardinalis episcopus | Archiepiscopus Burdigalensis
__________..Secretarius brevium ad Principes | Sanctae Sedis Vice-cancillarius et Magnus Auditor
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Visiter le site web de l'utilisateur
Doron

MessagePosté le: Dim Mar 13, 2022 10:27 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

The smoke of the sacred and purifying element of the burnt incense puffed suddenly in the face of the deacon, who remained, as always, totally impassive, being now accustomed to being so often completely covered by it that he almost seemed no longer to be able to smell it... in a manner similar to the way the noblewomen of that time, so accustomed to sprinkle their hair with powerful and diffused fragrances, seemed the only ones not to notice their penetrating smell as soon as they entered a room full of people. He then stepped back to allow Cardinal Felipe to perform the blessing of the ashes first with the holy water, which Doriano observed with his head bowed respectfully, for then move towards him as soon as he had returned the basin with the holy water to the altar boy, who immediately disappeared to go and put it back in the sacristy. The subsequent exchange between the celebrant and the deacon was accompanied by the singing of the choir, which filled the moments of waiting between one liturgical act and another, that on that occasion, at least for the beginning of the celebration, were quite long, and that continued for the next moment of the imposition of the ashes of the cardinal first on himself and then on Doriano, who had opened the row of ministers who, one by one, after him, went and bowed before the altar to receive the holy ashes on their forehead.

Everyone knew that the ashes were the memorial of the destruction of Oanylone addressed to man so that he would never forget his obedience to God to avoid the very fall of his own soul, but also the imposition of the hands was a very important liturgical gesture: it said a consecration in view of a mission, a mission which would then be remembered to the whole assembly by the final prayer: "Grant us, Lord, to prepare with holy fasts the defence assets of the Aristotelian militia, so that, having to fight against evil spirits, we find ourselves equipped with the aid of abstinence". This was the deepest reason, known to the few faithful who consciously and diligently on their own initiative had decided to approach the courses of the Church to learn the foundations of their faith by attending the due mystagogical catechesis, necessary to complete the full integration of the Aristotelian within the ecclesial community, of all that celebration. He could immediately recognize these faithful within the assembly, of which, at that moment he observed the entire procession to the altar, sitting from his bench: they were the ones who, after having received the ashes, returned to their seats and there, began to pray to the Lord so that He, from the height of his infinite mercy, had never to abandon them in the times of trouble and difficulty that, unfortunately, the life of each one is sooner or later brought to their knowledge, and that very often put our own faith in difficulty, by making us believe that we have been abandoned by the Lord, by leading us to ask the question of the closeness of the Most High, the very Creator of this world, to the souls of men, whom God had placed within nature as incarnate beings... but that He had never meant to leave abandoned to themselves! Man was eternally united with his Creator, and this was the help to ask of Him in times of difficulty, never limiting ourselves to passively accept His divine Plan for our lives, but striving to understand it by reconfirming our profession of Faith every day, so that, in the end, we could all get to say: "Before I knew you by hearsay: now my eyes see you and I call you by name": as a vehicle to the true acceptance of God's presence in ourselves which, through him and with him, leads us to enjoy and accept life in all its realities, both positive and negative.

And so, even Doriano, almost moved to tears at the sight of all those faithful who were imploring from below the mercy of God, bowed his head to ask the Lord for the sacramental grace to be able to carry on every day his priestly mission with the heart of a true pastor, whispering with closed eyes and folded hands this prayer:

"Lord, I beg you, grant me every day to be able to fight the good fight, to keep the faith, and to end the race of life by always remaining faithful to your love: so that you may one day, at the end of my existence, deliver to me the crown of justice that You, just judge, may decide to yield me in that day; and not only to me, but also to all those who, like me, await with love its manifestation"

When the ashes were administered to the last faithful, Doriano rose from his seat and beckoned an altar boy to fetch the vessel from the celebrant’s hands, while he and Luzius went to get a towel and some water to allow the cardinal to wash his hands: such water would then have been used to irrigate the sacred earth around the Church, so that not even a little of the newly blessed ashes was wasted. Finally, all ministers returned to their seats, standing still, as did Doriano, keeping ever faithfully beside the cardinal.
Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Dim Mar 13, 2022 8:50 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Et cum spíritu tuo.
answered Father Silvio , moved on his knees
Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Lun Mar 14, 2022 3:31 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

The young cardinal was sitting in the seat provided for him. He was watching every word and act that took place at the ceremony. I joined the chorus of voices responding to my compatriot's words - Et cum spíritu tuo.

Cardinal Dean // Cardinal Bishop // Cardinal Vicar Grand Inquisitor // Prelate of Honour of His Holiness //
Archbishop sine cura of Sassari and Urbino // Bishop sine cura of Urgell // Chancellor of the Order of Saint Nicolas V .
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Felipe...
Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Mer Mar 16, 2022 9:55 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

When the ceremony of blessing and imposition of ashes on all those present in the church was over, it was time for the actual mass to begin. The liturgy had some modifications with respect to what was said during ordinary time, not only in the vestments, vestments and liturgical objects, but also in the prayers and texts that were sung. The choir began by singing the Introit:

Miseréris ómnium, Dómine, et nihil odísti eórum quæ fecísti, dissímiluans peccáta hóminum propter paniténtiam, et parcens illis: quia Tu es Dóminus Deus noster. V/. Miserére mei Dues, miserére mei: quóniam in Te confídit ánima mea.
    [Grant, O Lord, to Thy faithful: that this venerable time, consecrated to fasting, may be welcomed by them with due piety and spent with firm devotion. Thou Who livest and reignest forever and ever. Amen]

The cardinal, turned towards the altar and with his back to the faithful, stands in the centre in front of the lowest tier, makes the sign of the cross and prays alternately with the acolyte in a low voice:
In nómine Altíssimi, et Aristótelis, et Christi. Amen

Felipe then clasps his hands on his chest and begins the antiphon:
Introíbo ad altáre Dei.
And the acolyte replies:
M. Ad Deum, Qui lætíficat juventútem meam.

Júdica me, Deus, et discérne causam meam de gente non sancta: ab hómine iniquo et dolóso érue me.
M. Quia Tu es, Deus, fortitúdo mea: quare me reppulísti, et quare tristis incédo dum afflígit me inimícus?
Emítte lucem Tuam et veritátem Tuam: ispa me deduxérunt, et adduxérunt in montem sanctum Tuum et in tabernácula Tua.
M. Et introíbo ad altáre Dei: ad Deum, Qui lætíficat juventútem meam.
Confíteor Tibi in cíthara, Deus, Deus meus, quare tristis es ánima mea, et quare contúrbas me?
M. Spera in Deo, quóniam adhuc confitébor Illi: salutáre vultus mei et Deus meus.

Felipe then repeats the Antiphon:
Introíbo ad altáre Dei.
The faithful respond/. Ad Deum, Qui lætíficat juventútem meam.

Then the officiant makes the sign of the cross again and says:
Adjutórium nostrum in Nómine Dómini.
R/. Qui fecit cœlum et terram.

Then, with folded hands, he bows deeply and makes the act of confession:
Confíteor Deo Omnipoténti, beáto Aristóteli Prophétæ,
beáto Christo Prophétæ, sanctis Archángelis,
beáto Tito Apostólo, ómnibus Sanctis,
et vobis, fratres, quia peccávi nimis cogitatióne, verbo et ópere:
mea culpa, mea culpa, mea máxima culpa.
Ideo precor beátum Aristótelem Prophétam,
beátum Christum Prophétam, sanctos Archángelos,
beátum Titum Apostólum, omnes Sanctos,
et vos, fratres, oráre pro me ad Dóminum Deum nostrum.
Amen

After the acolytes also recited the confiteor, the officiant continued:
Misereátur vestri Omnípotens Deus, et, dimíssis peccátis vestris, perdúcat vos ad vitam ætérnam.
R/. Amen.

Then, making the sign of the cross, he said:
Indulgéntiam, absolutiónem et remissiónem peccátorum nostrórum tríbuat nobis Omnípotens et Miséricors Dóminus.
R/. Amen.

And bowing, he continued:
Deus, Tu convérsus vivificábis nos.
R/. Et plebs tua lætábitur in Te.
Osténde nobis, Dómine, misericórdiam Tuam.
R/. Et salutáre Tuum da nobis.
Dómine, exáudi oratiónem meam.
R/. Et clamor meus ad Te véniat.
Dóminus vobíscum.
R/. Et cum spíritu tuo.

And stretching out his hands, at the end of the chanting of the Introit, he says in a clear voice: Orémus, the cardinal ascends to the altar and recites in secret, whispering: Aufer a nobis, quæsumus, Dómine, iniquitátes nostras: ut ad Sancta sanctórum puris mereámur méntibus introíre.
Then, with his hands folded on the altar, he bows deeply and says: Orámus Te, Dómine, per mérita Sanctórum Tuórum, Felipe kisses the altar and continues: quorum relíquiæ hic sunt, et ómnium Sanctórum: ut indulgére dignéris ómnia peccáta mea. Amen.

Again the deacon approached the Cardinal accompanied by the young altar boy with the thurible. - Ab Illo benedicáris, in Cujus honóre cremáberis - he blessed the incense, and then with the little spoon he took some incense and threw it into the ember inside the turibulum, and quickly the white, aromatic smoke began to rise. Then the cardinal took the turibulum and incensed the altar at its corners and in the centre. When he had finished, he returned the censer to Doron so that he could do the same for the congregation.

When the incensation was over, Felipe then addressed the faithful, saying:

Dóminus vobíscum.
R/. Et cum spíritu tuo. - they replied.

Oremus...

Præsta, Dómine, fidélibus Tuis: ut jejuniórum veneránda sollémnia, et cóngrua pietáte suscípiant, et secúra devotióne percúrrant. Qui vivis et regnas per ómnia sæcula sæculórum. Amen

[Grant, Lord, to Your faithful: that this venerable time, consecrated to fasting, may be welcomed by them with due piety and spent with firm devotion. You who live and reign forever and ever. Amen]

A cunctis nos, quæsumus, Dómine, mentis et córporis defénde perículis: et intercedéntis beátis et gloriósis Prophétis Aristóteli et Christi, cum beátis Archángelis, beáto Apóstolo Tito, atque beáto Vincentie et ómnibus Sanctis, salútem nobis tríbue benígnus et pacem; ut, destrúctis adversitátibus et erróribus univérsis, Ecclésia Tua secúra Tibi sérviat libertáte.
    [Defend us, Lord, we beseech You, from all dangers of mind and body: and by the intercession of the blessed and glorious Prophets Aristotle and Christos, together with the blessed Archangels, the blessed Apostle Titus, and Blessed Vincent, and all the Saints, grant us safety and peace in Your goodness; so that with difficulties and error being brought to nothing, may Your Church serve You secure in freedom. You who live and reign forever and ever.]

Omnípotens Sempitérne Deus, Qui vivórum domináris simul et mortuórum, omniúmque miseréris, quos Tuos fide ópere futúros esse prænóscis: te súpplices exorámus; ut, pro quibus effúndere preces decrévimus, quósque vel præens sæculum adhuc in carne rétinet, vel futúrum jam exúltos córpore suscépit, intercedéntibus ómnibus Sanctis Tuis, pietátis Tuæ cleméntia ómnium delictórum suórum véniam consequántur. Qui vivis et regnas per ómnia sæcula sæculórum. Amen
    [Almighty God, Lord of the living and the dead, who have mercy on all You foreseest will be Yours by faith and works: we humbly beg You, so that those for whom we pray, whether they are still alive or already, deprived of the body, passed to the eternal life, may obtain, through the intercession of Your Saints, the remission of all sin. You who live and reign forever and ever. Amen]

After saying the three prayer, and omitting the Alleluia as was customary during Lent, the Cardinal turned to Deacon Doron to bless him, as he was about to read the sacred texts from the Book of Virtues: Dóminus sit in corde tuo et in lábiis tuis, ut digne et competénter annúnties Librum Virtútum. Amen

_______.______Sanctae Mariae Rotundae cardinalis episcopus | Archiepiscopus Burdigalensis
__________..Secretarius brevium ad Principes | Sanctae Sedis Vice-cancillarius et Magnus Auditor
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé Visiter le site web de l'utilisateur
Doron

MessagePosté le: Dim Mar 20, 2022 11:05 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

The Introit Song that had begun the ordinary celebration flooded the whole Church with its melodious sound, while a minister went to stand next to His Eminence for the introduction rites, that Father Dorian observed attentively from his place until the Confiteor, to which he then joined his own voice:

"Confíteor Deo Omnipoténti, beáto Aristóteli Prophétæ,
Amen"

He bowed his head as the priest pronounced the formula of absolution, making the sign of the Cross, symbol of the indissoluble union of the Two Prophets in the one true Faith, and then listened to the following Psalm, at the end of which he and Luzius prepared again with the censer for the blessing of the Holy of Holies. When this blessing was also finished, Doriano quickly handed over the thurible to a minister and took his place beside the Cardinal for the greeting to the assembly. Finally, at the end of the prayers, he knelt before his Eminence Felipe, saying:

"Jube, domine, benedícere"

He received the blessing by kissing the Cardinal’s hand. For the occasion of the beginning of Lent, only a deep silence accompanied the whole subsequent liturgical action of the delivery of the Book and its passage to the pulpit, accompanied by the ministers with candles, beacons of light for all humanity. When all arrived at the ambo, he raised the Sacred Text upwards to show it to all the faithful, then he placed it down to sign it with the thumb of his right hand, and began to read:

"Lectio Libri Præhistóriæ"

Citation:

1 The human ones had given themselves over to the sin as God had decided to punish them. But the majority of them did not understand that they themselves had fault in this, so much had they abandoned themselves to their vices. They had taken so much enjoyment in the pleasures of life that they trembled at the idea of any punishment or deprivation. Great numbers of them then decided to flee the cursed city of Oanylone. Nevertheless, the Creature Without Name found seven humans whose taste for sin was as if they truly could be the very incarnation of it.

2 Azazel had been given up in gluttony, Asmodeus with lust, Belial with pride, Lucifer with apathy, Beelzebub with greed, Leviathan with anger and Satan with envy. According to the councils of the Creature Without Name, they preached rebellion against God, affirming that only jealousy justified Him in His decision to punish the human ones. They added that He was weak and could never put His threat into execution. Many of the human ones listened to them with attention.

3 Seven other humans, however, understood well the errors they had made. Their names were Gabriel, George, Michel, Uriel, Galadrielle, Selaphiel, and Raphaella. They preached humility, affirming that it was necessary to accept the punishment in order to wash away the sin. The speech of each one testified to the virtues that they had started to incarnate. Gabriel made watch of temperance, George of friendship, Michel of justice, Uriel of generosity, Galadrielle of conservation, Selaphiel of pleasure, and Raphael of conviction. Only a handful of the human ones were sensitive to their words, but the purity of the faith of each one of these was worth the vice of one hundred sinners.

4 The six days were terrible, the lightning tearing the sky and the thunder shaking the will of the weakest. Multitudes of the human ones fled the city then. There only remained the vilest, which listened to the sermons of the seven incarnations of sin, and the most virtuous, which, like the seven incarnations of virtue, accepted the punishment of God. Even the Creature Without Name had prudence to escape, letting the seven corrupted ones forward its ambitions alone in their madness.

5 The seventh day concluded the divine sentence in a titanic cataclysm. In a deafening tremor, the ground opened under the feet of the few remaining in the city. The high flames devoured them. The buildings were broken down, the stones raining on their inhabitants, and the flames devastated all. Soon, the entire city was absorbed into the bowels of the earth, not leaving any more trace of its existence.

6 God punished the seven incarnations of the sins. They were thrown to the moon, alive for an eternity of sufferings under the title of Prince-demons. Those whom had listened to them underwent the same terrible fate, bearing since the title of demons. Their love of vice and their hatred of God only increasing at the passage of the centuries, they took more and more unhealthy pleasure to practice their office. And their bodies reflected little by little the blackness and the beastliness of their hearts.

7 But God saw that the seven pure ones, and those who had followed them, had proven that the human ones were capable of repentance and of humility. He raised them to the sun and they were blessed by an eternity of happiness in Paradise. The seven pure ones were called archangels and their disciples were called angels. They were to assist the Most High by helping the human ones, each time it would be necessary, to fight the temptation of the creature which He had not named.

He raised the Scriptures one last time upwards and brought them back to the altar, again accompanied by ministers, and then he returned to his seat, on the only occasion of the celebration on which he was allowed to sit, given his role.
Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Ven Mar 25, 2022 8:55 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

When the reading was finished, Felipe kissed the Book of Virtues and said: -Per hæc sancta scripta deleántur nostra delícta-, he received the mitre again. Then he ascended the steps of the pulpit and took hold of the wooden railing to look down on the faithful. He closed his eyes for a second and took a deep breath before beginning his homily:

Lust, pride, acedia, greed, anger and envy. They seem to be powerful words that inspire fear in us, and we often understand them as something distant, both in time and place. But who has not seen some of these signs in our surroundings, among our acquaintances, neighbours, relatives and even in ourselves? Yes, brothers: when we see a poor person in the street and our hand does not give alms, that is greed; when at the slightest provocation we decide to hurt our friend with word or sword, that is anger; when our obligations call us but we prefer not to get involved and remain indifferent, that is acedia. It is among us, the Nameless Creature is among us, in our daily lives, and it tempts us, as he tempted the inhabitants of Oanilonia. What is most disturbing is that the evil creature not only tempts the pagans who never chose to behold the glory of God and live in His way, but it tempts to a greater degree those of us who have faith in the Most High, and the more faith we have, the more it tempts us, because the greater the reward for tearing a faithful man away from God the more love he has for his creator.

Today, on the celebration of Ash Wednesday, we remember the destruction of that city that became a den of sin; today is also a very important day in the liturgical calendar, because we begin this time of penance and fasting for forty days; and it is forty because that was also the time of penance after the fall of Oanilonia and also forty days that Christos meditated in the desert, fasted and was tempted, like the citizens of Oanilonia, by the Nameless Creature, although our Messiah managed to resist. It is precisely that we, who already know how the dark forces work, must follow the teachings of the Prophet, and during this time, meditate, make amends, confess, and change... reborn, so that all our sins may be converted into those virtues of the few righteous citizens who were saved after the destruction of the city: temperance, friendship, justice, generosity, conservation, pleasure and conviction.

When he had finished his homily, and wishing that all the faithful had understood his words, he descended the steps of the pulpit stairs and went back to the altar. One of the acolytes took the miter and addressed the faithful again: -Dear brothers, let us now pray the universal prayer, the one we all said at our baptism, which reminds us of our fidelity and love for God and his Church.

He stepped forward a couple of paces and stood in front of the altar, in the centre, and raising his hands and joining them together, he began the prayer:

Credo in Deum,
Altissimum Omnipotentem,
Creatorem caeli et terrae,
Inferos et paradisi,
Ultima hora animae judicem nostrae

Et in Aristotelem, prophetam,
Nicomaqui Phaetique filium,
Missum ut sapientiam et universi
Divas leges errantibus hominibus erudiret

Credo etiam in Christum,
Natum ex Maria et Ioseph,
Vitam dedit ut nobis paradisi viam monstraret
Sic, postquam sub Pontio passus est
Propter salutem
Nostram martyr perivit
Consecutus est Solem
Ubi Aristoteles ad Altissimi dexteram eum expectabat

Credo in Divinam Actionem,
Sanctam Ecclesiam aristotelicianam, romanam, unam et indivisibilem
Sanctorum communionem,
Peccatorum remissionem,
Vitam aeternam.

Amen.

R/ (the faithful say the credo)

When he had finished the creed, he kissed the altar and addressed the faithful again:

Dóminus vobíscum.
R/. Et cum spíritu tuo.

It was time for the Sanctus, so the Cardinal said: - Oremus -. Immediately the choir began to sing:

Sanctus, Sanctus, Sanctus, Sanctus, Dóminus Deus Sábaoth:
pleni sun cœli et terra glória Sua. Hosánna in excélsis.
Benedíctus qui venit in nómine Dómini. Hosánna in excélsis.

As the psalm was being sung, Dorianus approached taking the ciborium from the credence: it was a large silver cup that remained closed with an equally ornate lid. Inside was the bread of friendship, a baked loaf with a cross stamped on the top. Then a bell rings three times while the cardinal makes the sign of the cross: - Súscipe, sancte Pater, Omnípotens Ætérne Deus, hunc panem, quem ego indígnus fámulus Tuus óffero Tibi Deo meo vivo et vero, pro reconciliatiónem fratrum, signum amicítiæ Tuæ, qua dimíttit innumerábilia peccáta, et offesiónes, et negligéntias mea, et ómnium circustátium, sed et ómnium fidélium aristotelicórum: ut mihi et illis profíciat ad salútem in vitam ætérnam. Amen

-----------------------

Felipe then place the ciborium on the white linen corporal, opened it and took out the small loaf of bread from inside; then received again the thurible from the deacon and with it blessed the bread while saying: - Incénsum istud a Te benedíctum ascéndat ad Te, Dómine, et descéndat super nos misericórdia Tua.- Immediately he also blesses the altar and then the deacon.

Then, joining hands on the altar and bowed, he recites: In spíritu humilitátis et in ánimo contríto suscipiámur a Te, Dómine: veni, Sanctifiátor Ætérne Deus, et béne+dic hoc sacrifícium, Tuo Sancto Nómini preparátum, ob memóriam Prophétæ Tui.

At that moment the choir finishes singing the Sanctus and he prays in secret: Dómine, secúndus Prophéta Tuus Christus dixit: "Altíssimum orántes, amicítiae pánem vinúmque, córporis sanguinísque imágines, consecráte, ne úmquam sacrifícium meum pro vobis obliviscámini. Amen, honos Deo maior quam amáre sine remuneratióne non est"; præsta, ut quod ore súmimus, in nobis fructíficet fructus amóris. Amen

The young cardinal, at the most sacred moment of the liturgy, with his head bowed, he carefully takes a piece of the sanctified bread with his left hand while holding his right hand on his breast, and with devotion and humility says: -Dómine, non sum dignus-. And he continues: -Panis amicítiæ custódiat ánimam meam in vitam ætérnam.

Then, bowing slightly, he puts the small piece of blessed bread in his mouth. Later he straightens up, joins his hands and remains silent for a few seconds to meditate.

Doron

MessagePosté le: Lun Mar 28, 2022 3:21 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

From his place, Doriano listened the whole homily of the cardinal. At the end of it, he stood up, and accompanied the celebrant to the throne, standing on his right. Then he joined his voice to the assembly for the profession of the Creed:

"Credo in Deum,
Altissimum Omnipotentem,
Creatorem caeli et terrae,
Inferos et paradisi,
Ultima hora animae judicem nostrae

Et in Aristotelem, prophetam,
Nicomaqui Phaetique filium,
Missum ut sapientiam et universi
Divas leges errantibus hominibus erudiret

Credo etiam in Christum,
Natum ex Maria et Ioseph,
Vitam dedit ut nobis paradisi viam monstraret
Sic, postquam sub Pontio passus est
Propter salutem
Nostram martyr perivit
Consecutus est Solem
Ubi Aristoteles ad Altissimi dexteram eum expectabat

Credo in Divinam Actionem,
Sanctam Ecclesiam aristotelicianam, romanam, unam et indivisibilem
Sanctorum communionem,
Peccatorum remissionem,
Vitam aeternam.

Amen"

At the end of it, he looked in direction of the choir, where all the cantors stood up to begin their singing.

♫ "Sanctus, Sanctus, Sanctus, Sanctus, Dóminus Deus Sábaoth: pleni sun cœli et terra glória Sua. Hosánna in excélsis. Benedíctus qui venit in nómine Dómini. Hosánna in excélsis" ♫

Shortly before the end of the chant, Doriano went to take for himself the ciborium, which he handed to the cardinal for the moment of the consacration. He looked in direction of the congregation and moved to the present to kneel. After the first invocation he took the thurible, received by the acolyte who, having risen to his feet, had just approached the altar, and handed it to His Eminence so that he could incense the altar. After this, the cardinal incensed Doriano, too, that upon receiving the blessing, took the censer back into his own hands and incensed the various ministers by order, so the acolytes first and the altar boys at the end. Finally, he received the bread, and after it, he joined his Eminence in its distribution. When all was over, and the cardinal had returned to the throne, Doriano went right up to the pulpit to sing the concluding Chant:

"Ite, Missa est"
Go forth, the mass is ended

And so, it could be said that the Mass was almost over.
Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Ven Avr 01, 2022 9:15 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

With the help of the deacon Doriano, Felipe distributed the bread of friendship to the two cardinals who had come, the esteemed Italian brother Silvio and his dear friend the Hispanic cardinal Roderic; communion was also given to the rest of the parishioners of the rione in which the parish was located. Accepting the bread of friendship was always a commemoration of the sublime act of Christos with his disciples, which had been emulated for centuries by generations and generations of the faithful: a moment that connected with the times in which the modern Church as it was known today came into being.

After communion, the silver ciborium was placed in the tabernacle and then the Cardinal bowed in the centre of the altar. With folded hands on his breast, he said a few words in secret, praying that the blessing of the bread might have been a pleasing gift to God:
- Pláceat Tibi, Dómine, obséquium servitútis meæ: et præsta; ut sacrifícium, quod óculis Tuæ majestátis idígnus óbtuli, Tibi sit acceptábile, mihíque et ómnibus, pro quibus illud óbtuli, sit, Te miseránte, propitiábile. Qui vivis et regnas per ómnia sæcula sæculórum. Amen

Then, raising his voice so that the faithful could hear him, he said:
-Pax vobis
R/Et cum spiritu tuo

Then the young cardinal kissed the altar with great respect and one of the acolytes placed the mitre back on his head. Then he continued with the conclusion of the Mass:

-Sit Nomen Domini benedictum
R/ Ex hoc nunc et usque in sæculum
-Adjutorium nostrum in Nomine Domini
R/ Qui fecit cœlum et terram

He raised his eyes, then his hands and joined them, while bowing his head. Finally he blesed the faithful:

-Benedicant vos Omnipotens Deus, et Aristoteles, et Christus. Amen
R/ Amen

The Cardinal improvised a few words of farewell: - Dear brothers, today as Lent begins, I invite you to do personal penance with fasting and abstinence. In addition, we must all remember our duties as children of the Most High, so it is advisable to observe charity towards those who need our help most, as well as to go to confession and to be, in short, more compassionate.

He made the sign of the cross three times in the air solemnly with his hands covered with green chirothecae. Then a final bow to the altar and turned to the faithful as the procession, led by the cross, started its way back to the sacristy.

The choir began to sing Te Deum "a capella". The mass was over:

Te Deum laudamus: te Dominum confitemur.
Te aeternum Patrem, omnis terra veneratur.
Tibi omnes Angeli; tibi caeli et universae Potestates;
Tibi Cherubim et Seraphim incessabili voce proclamant:
Sanctus, Sanctus, Sanctus, Dominus Pleni sunt caeli et terra maiestatis gloriae tuae.
Te gloriosus Apostolorum chorus, Te Prophetarum laudabilis numerus, Te Martyrum candidatus laudat exercitus.

[HRP] My gratitude, as always, goes to JD Doron, whose knowledge of the liturgy and Latin were indispensable for the celebration of this mass. I also thank all those who accompanied us and were involved in the ceremony: player Silvio and Roderic.

silvio_1
Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Ven Avr 01, 2022 11:57 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

I took bread from the hands of brother Felipe with a smile
and said Et cum spiritu tuo
He took the blessing and said
Qui fecit cœlum et terram
Amen

Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Jeu Juin 09, 2022 9:12 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

-----------------------------Feast of Friendship
-----------------------------Festum I classis cum Octava maiori - duplex

-----------------------------Parish of San Vincenzo in Via, Rome
-----------------------------June 8, MCDLXX

It was one of the most important days in the Aristotelian liturgical calendar, the feast of friendship: the commemoration of Christos' last supper with his apostles, and therefore the beginning of the tradition of sharing bread, as well as of Aristotelian friendship. Therefore, the parish of St. Vincent was going to celebrate this special day with its parishioners, and as usual, all the preparations had been made with devotion and great enthusiasm, not only by the clergy of the church, but also by the faithful who helped and collaborated with the maintenance of the temple. The melody of the parish bells began to ring over the buildings of the rione, calling the faithful to the holy mass.

---------Meanwhile in the sacristy - Prayers and vesting of the celebrant

The cardinal remained kneeling on the kneeler in front of the small altar in the sacristy while the acolytes and deacons dressed in liturgical vestments. His eyes half closed, his praying hands rested on his forehead, and his mouth pronounced silent prayers alternating with long moments of meditation as he thought of those he loved most who were not there that day, such as his siblings, Germán and Inés, as well as his friends: those people who, while not sharing the same blood, had become almost part of his family. He also had prayers for the Castilian faithful and the Hispanic clergy who so badly needed the help of the Most High.

After this, he rose and went to his acolytes, took his seat and two of them came forward, one with the "pontifical" and the other with a lighted candlestick. Both knelt at his side and the ceremony of dressing the Cardinal began. Felipe made an introductory prayer and crossed himself, then the subdeacon brought a basin of water and a piece of cloth to dry his hands. The cardinal began to read the open book while washing his hands and then drying them:

- O Lord, bless my hands to cleanse them from every unclean stain, that with a clean mind and body I may be worthy to serve you-, he returned the small towel. Next the white amice was handed to the Alvarez, he kissed it and with it he covered his shoulders and knotted it properly while he pronounced: - O Most High, place upon my head the helmet of salvation to repel the assaults of the enemy - Immediately another acolyte gave him the alb, then they invited the cardinal to stand up to dress him in the long white robe: - O Almighty, make me pure and cleanse my heart, that, sanctified by the Prophets, I may enjoy eternal delights - Then it was the turn of the cincture, the white and golden cord with which the alb was girded around the waist; Felipe took it from the hands of the acolyte and knotted it while pronouncing the prayer: - Gird me, O Lord, with a cincture of purity and extinguish in it the flame of passion, that the virtue of continence and chastity may remain in me - It was the turn of the pectoral cross, which the deacon first kissed and then presented to Felipe to do the same, immediately hanging it around his neck saying: - O God of love, make worthy this servant who bears on his breast this symbol of your triumph and of the victory of the Holy Martyrs - Next one of the most important liturgical vestments was given to Felipe: the stole, which, as with the cross, he also kissed before placing it on his shoulders: - O Most High, grant that with this garment of the immortality of souls your devoted servant may approach the mysteries of your divine teachings - The next garment was the dalmatic, a kind of tabard with wide sleeves of white silk embroidered with gold at the ends, with which the deacon clothed the officiant, saying: - Dress me, O Lord, with the garment of salvation and love, and surround me always with the dalmatic of righteousness - Then another acolyte approached with the chirothecae, white calfskin gloves with gold embroidery which he handed directly to the cardinal, then Felipe said: - O Almighty, dress the hands of thy servant with holiness that he may obtain thy blessing in the consecration of the Bread of Friendship, and that this may be to thy pleasure- Next they brought the chasuble, the tunic that would clothe the cardinal covering the rest of the garments already put on, it was made of white silk and with a large golden gallon in the shape of a cross that went from the neck to the lower end of it; while the deacon helped to dress the cardinal, he said: - O Lord, since from the consecration your servant bears a soft yoke but a heavy burden, make him wear it in such a way that he may reach your grace - There was not much left to finish, now it was the turn of the pastoral ring which directly the Castilian cardinal inserted on the index finger of his right hand: - God of Love, adorn with virtue the fingers of your faithful servant and place in them your sanctification - And finally the golden mitre, which the deacon took from the altar of the sacristy holding it gently. He gathered up the infulas with his fingers and placed it on Felipe's head: -O Almighty, impose upon my head the mitre and the helmet of salvation that I may evade the snares of the Nameless Creature.

Felipe...
Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Sam Juin 11, 2022 12:41 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

---------Entrance to the church and start of mass

The parish bells had already rung half an hour before, and now they rang again as the officiant and his acolytes made final preparations. The sacristy door opened, starting the entrance procession. Guiding cross, lanterns, a ornate copy of the Book of Virtues and all dressed in the white & gold-coloured vestments, as was appropriate for such an important Feast, arrived in front of the altar and each took their places as they bowed their heads before the most sacred place in the church. So did the Cardinal.

At the beginning of the Mass, the choir began by singing the Introit for the Feast of Friendship:

Cibávit eos ex ádipe fruménti, allelúja: et de petra, melle saturávit eos, allelúja, allelúja, allelúja.
V/. Exsultáte Deo, adjutóri nostro: jubiláte Deo patrum nostrórum.

The cardinal, turned towards the altar and with his back to the faithful, stands in the centre in front of the lowest tier, makes the sign of the cross and prays alternately with the acolyte in a low voice:
In nómine Altíssimi, et Aristótelis, et Christi. Amen

Felipe then clasps his hands on his chest and begins the antiphon:
Introíbo ad altáre Dei.
And the acolyte replies:
M. Ad Deum, Qui lætíficat juventútem meam.

Júdica me, Deus, et discérne causam meam de gente non sancta: ab hómine iniquo et dolóso érue me.
M. Quia Tu es, Deus, fortitúdo mea: quare me reppulísti, et quare tristis incédo dum afflígit me inimícus?
Emítte lucem Tuam et veritátem Tuam: ispa me deduxérunt, et adduxérunt in montem sanctum Tuum et in tabernácula Tua.
M. Et introíbo ad altáre Dei: ad Deum, Qui lætíficat juventútem meam.
Confíteor Tibi in cíthara, Deus, Deus meus, quare tristis es ánima mea, et quare contúrbas me?
M. Spera in Deo, quóniam adhuc confitébor Illi: salutáre vultus mei et Deus meus.

Felipe then repeats the Antiphon:
Introíbo ad altáre Dei.
The faithful respond/. Ad Deum, Qui lætíficat juventútem meam.

Then the officiant makes the sign of the cross again and says:
Adjutórium nostrum in Nómine Dómini.
R/. Qui fecit cœlum et terram.

Then, with folded hands, he bows deeply and makes the act of confession:
Confíteor Deo Omnipoténti, beáto Aristóteli Prophétæ,
Amen

After the acolytes also recited the confiteor, the officiant continued:
Misereátur vestri Omnípotens Deus, et, dimíssis peccátis vestris, perdúcat vos ad vitam ætérnam.
R/. Amen.

Then, making the sign of the cross, he said:
Indulgéntiam, absolutiónem et remissiónem peccátorum nostrórum tríbuat nobis Omnípotens et Miséricors Dóminus.
R/. Amen.

And bowing, he continued:
Deus, Tu convérsus vivificábis nos.
R/. Et plebs tua lætábitur in Te.
Osténde nobis, Dómine, misericórdiam Tuam.
R/. Et salutáre Tuum da nobis.
Dómine, exáudi oratiónem meam.
R/. Et clamor meus ad Te véniat.
Dóminus vobíscum.
R/. Et cum spíritu tuo.

And stretching out his hands, at the end of the chanting of the Introit, he says in a clear voice: Orémus, the cardinal ascends to the altar and recites in secret, whispering: Aufer a nobis, quæsumus, Dómine, iniquitátes nostras: ut ad Sancta sanctórum puris mereámur méntibus introíre.
Then, with his hands folded on the altar, he bows deeply and says: Orámus Te, Dómine, per mérita Sanctórum Tuórum, Felipe kisses the altar and continues: quorum relíquiæ hic sunt, et ómnium Sanctórum: ut indulgére dignéris ómnia peccáta mea. Amen.

As it was a solemn Mass, the Celebrant, before singing the Prayer, blesses the incense, saying: - Ab Illo benedicáris, in Cujus honóre cremáberis.

And taking the censer from the hands of the deacon, he incenses the altar in silence, first in the centre, then encircling the altar while the wisps of smoke perfume and purify the Ether. Then, when the deacon receives the censer from the hands of the cardinal, the priest incenses him as well.

--------------------------------------

[HRP]

Welcome to this thread!! All faithful Romans and foreigners are welcome. Characters should show due respect for the sacred place they are in, and answer the parts of the text in red. Good game!

Kalixtus
Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Sam Juin 11, 2022 4:16 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Kalixtus entered the Mass of Felipe himself for the first time. He was above all a lover of the Roman rite, and so this Mass was above all an intellectual challenge for those who did not have a basic understanding of Latin. But knowledge always helped, and knowledge of Latin or at least knowledge of the liturgy was helpful. The cardinal also recommended this in principle to the clergy, who as so often shirked such things. Even the high clergy.

Kalixtus' devotion was to God, so he crossed himself visibly before sitting in the front row. He had no understanding for the people who categorically sat at the very back. Terrible. The music plays in front, was an old German proverb, and even if German culture was enviably primitive, there were a few delicate blossoms of intellectual depth now and then.

The penitential liturgy was followed by the cardinal-bishop's amen and he followed the movements of the young cleric in the apse. The Cardinal also followed the prayer with a humming Amen.

The incense he recognised - a different brand, probably from Syria. Kalixtus preferred his wares from the lower Orient or southern Egypt. The latter is harder to get, but more substantial.

Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Dim Juin 12, 2022 12:48 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

As the deacon finished incensing the faithful, the young cardinal saw for the first time a cleric dressed in scarlet. Blond hair, a magnificent silk robe and that steamy, spiritual aura that could only be Kalixtus. Felipe was disturbed by his presence, not because he was his friend, but because he had been his master and knew well how demanding the German cleric was. He wanted him to be proud of him, as if he were his own son, and he did not want to disappoint him. He tried to relax, though his nervousness was palpable.

Felipe addressed the faithful, saying:

Dó... dóminus vobíscuuuum.
R/. Et cum spíritu tuo. - they replied.

Orémus...

Omnípotens Sempitérne Deus, Qui in Christos exémplar paradígma Amicítiæ Amorísque Tui dedísti nobis, prædta; ut, diem festum celebrántes in qua ipse tráditus est ob invídia, ómnia discrímina superémus ac in Tuo Nómine pacificémus.
    [Almighty and everlasting God, You who in Christos have given us an example of the paradigm of Your friendship and love; so that, celebrating the feast on which He was delivered up, because of envy, we may overcome all dangers and make peace in Your Name.]

Ecclésiæ Tuæ, quæsumus, Dómine, preces placátus admítte: ut, destrúctis adversitátibus et erróribus univérsis, secúra Tibi sérviat libertáte.
    [We beseech Thee, O Lord, to grant peaceable prayers to Thy Church, that, having overcome all adversities and errors, she may serve Thee with sure liberty.]

Deus, ómnium fidélium pastor et rector, fámulum Tuum Sixtum, quem pastórem Ecclésiæ Tuæ præésse voluísti, propítius réspice: da ei, quæsumus, verbo et exémplo, quibus præest, profícere; ut ad vitam, unam cum grege sibi crédito, pervéniat sempitérnem. Qui vivis et regnas per ómnia sæcula sæculórum. Amen
    [God, shepherd and ruler of all Your faithful people, mercifully look upon Your servant, Sixtus, whom You have chosen as the chief shepherd to reside over Your Church; grant him, we beseech You, to edify, both by word and example, those over whom he has charge; so that he may attain unto everlasting life, together with the flock committed unto him. You who live and reign fovever and ever. Amen.]
R/. Amen

When the cardinal finished saying the three prayers for the feast, the choir began to sing the Alleluia, their voices reverberating in the high vaults of the church. The liturgy entered the faithful through the senses: the sense of smell with the perfume of flowers and incense; the sense of sight with the liturgical vestments and sacred images; and the sense of hearing with the prayers, the reading of the sacred book and the music. Everything fulfilled its mission in the ceremonial, and everything was done for the greater glory of God.

Allelúja, allelúja, V/. Benedíctus es, Dómine, Deus patrum nostrórum, et laudábilis in sæcula. Allelúja.

When the choir finishes the Alleluia, the Deacon and Subdeacon approach him to bless the incense as he had done before; Then the Deacon takes from the Altar the Book of Virtues, kneels down and asks the Cardinal for a blessing, saying: - Jube, domine, benedícere. Then Felipe replies with devotion and tenderness: - Dóminus sit in corde tuo et in lábiis tuis, ut digne et competénter annúnties Librum Virtútum. Amen

Having received the blessing, the deacon kisses the celebrant's hand, and with the other ministers, having the incense and candles, they approach the ambo. The priest, with joined hands, says: - Lectio Vitæ Secúndi Prophétæ. With the thumb of the right hand he makes a cross in the book at the beginning of the page of the reading, then incenses the book three times, and finally proceeds with the sacred reading with his hands joined.

Citation:

Life of Christos
    Chapter XIV - The last supper and the betrayal of Daju

The meal occurred very merrily, as all the guests were happy to celebrate the beginnings of the new Church of Aristotle. But I noticed that the eyes of Christos contained a strange expression, full of sadness and melancholy. He was quieter than accustomed, and yet, most of his apostles did not realize it, occupied as they were with devising peace and love.

I say to you now that, as for me, the attitude of Christos could not have escaped my notice. I thus approached him and asked him: “Teacher, why are you of this mind? What is wrong?”

He whispered to me then: “Samoht, my younger friend, faithful among the faithful ones, see you not that Daju left? To undoubtedly plot against me? That poor one must be corrupted, but he accomplished his destiny so that prophecy is achieved!”

“But, finally, let this fool cry in his corner,” I answered him, “for, if the Romans wanted to take to you, they would have done it! But they all left!”

And Christos, who felt his end approaching, looked at me with an upset expression, that still causes me tremors in the throat at the hour that I write these lines.

“Samoht,” he said to me, “when I have died, travel the world and spread the good news as I have asked of you. And when you are an old man, then write my history so that it is known and heard. Retain it well, for I would not say it twice… Hold… I hear already the guards arrive.”

And indeed, the ground trembled under the weight of the sandals of legionaries. The discussion ceased then, giving way to an anxious silence. An officer and his guards entered the room. At the side of the officer was Daju, and this last pointed to Christos with his finger while saying: “It is him! It is him! Great bearded, there, the very large one! Same as a match before kindling, one could say! He has just plotted against the established order.”

Then, the guards threw themselves on Christos, tossing aside all the apostles who tried to interpose. A soldier sent me to the ground because I was holding fast to the clothing of my Messiah. Lastly, they seized him and forced him roughly out of the room. As I had risen to my feet I clutched the cape of a soldier, hoping to make him stagger, and the officer ordered also that I be seized. So we were both carried out through the streets to the palace of the Procurator, Ponce.

When the deacon finished the reading, he raised the book to the gaze of the faithful and then returned with the acolytes to the cardinal, who remained seated on the cathedra. Felipe kissed it reverentially and then the deacon placed the sacred book on the altar.

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum -> La place d'Aristote - Aristote's Square - Platz des Aristoteles - La Piazza di Aristotele -> Les faubourgs de Rome - The suburbs of Rome - Die Vororte von Rom - I Sobborghi di Roma Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Aller à la page Précédente  1, 2, 3, 4  Suivante
Page 2 sur 4

Sauter vers: