L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church
Forum RP de l'Eglise Aristotelicienne du jeu en ligne RR
Forum RP for the Aristotelic Church of the RK online game

Lien fonctionnel : Le DogmeLien fonctionnel : Le Droit Canon
 FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   Liste des MembresListe des Membres   Groupes d'utilisateursGroupes d'utilisateurs   S'enregistrerS'enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

[GB]Book of Hagiographies - The Apostles -

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum -> La Bibliothèque Romaine - The Roman Library - Die Römische Bibliothek - La Biblioteca Romana -> Le Dogme - The Dogma
Voir le sujet précédent :: Voir le sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
Kalixtus
Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Mer Nov 17, 2021 3:27 am    Sujet du message: [GB]Book of Hagiographies - The Apostles - Répondre en citant

Citation:

Dernière édition par Kalixtus le Mar Juin 27, 2023 7:38 pm; édité 3 fois
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur Envoyer un message privé
Kalixtus
Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Mer Nov 17, 2021 4:53 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Citation:

Hagiography of the Apostle Titus, First among the Apostles, Church Father

Early Life of Titus the Grand, Beautiful, Intelligent

Titus was born in Galilee near the Sea of Galilee, a decade before the birth of Christos . He spent a happy childhood in a family of fishermen. His father earned enough to feed his family, and Titus grew up in a certain comfort, even though he has never experienced luxury.

Untouched by hunger, fed a healthy way, having grown up in the great outdoors, Titus gained a strong stature as his father lacked no meat for him. It was said of him that he was a rock on which we could all rely. He was nevertheless very intelligent from eating fish, for the fishermen caught the finest quality. When he was old enough for his father (as big and strong he was), he began to fish with him. His enthusiasm, his dedication and strength made ​​him someone respected throughout the region.

Titus lived for his family, fishing and community. At the age of 18, he married a girl from his village, but through this union they had no child. Titus was greatly bitter as he had longed for the relationship of a son, as he had had with his own father in his youth.

He was about twenty years old when disturbances broke with the Roman occupiers. They wanted to buy from some fishermen of Judea at a cheap price, thus promoting more anger docile because the people were poorer despite exporting fish to other provinces. The Fishermen of Galilee went peacefully to protest in Jerusalem, the capital of the province. Along the way, they met other groups and joined in to such an extent that it was a great crowd that came to the palace of the representative of Rome.

With his intelligence, stature and reputation, Titus became the spokesman of the fishermen who negotiated with the Romans, without ever yielding to violence, instead using clever diplomacy. He obtained a good compromise and returned home with great confidence and an increased reputation.

He founded an association with other fishermen and became its coordinator. This experience was very useful later on as he became a negotiator and diplomat advisor to the governor in all trades.

Life of the Saint Apostle Titus, as a disciple of Christos

One day, a stranger came to the village to preach. He spoke well and had great charisma. Titus, who so far had never really been interested in the Most High, was captivated by this man's speech, the word of Christos. They discussed at length at the lake or in fisheries. Christos loved this man who was strong and straight forward in his approach, with intelligence and a pure soul who sought only simplicity. Thus Titus became one of the apostles of Christos.

To follow his new mentor, Titus had to separate from his wife. As they had no children, he felt that the marriage had borne all its fruits and was going nowhere, but it was not the fault of either spouse. He turned to Christos, who comforted Titus in his decision and gave his consent for the separation. Once this separation was pronounced, Titus gave to his former wife half his savings and the matrimonial home. Then he went on the road.

During the years that followed, he was the companion of Christos. Titus was Discreet but always helpful and smiling, and he was respected by all the apostles. It was to him whom the Prophet turned to give the most pious mission.

Here's what the Life of Christos reports:

Citation:
    Christos turned then to Titus, who was nearby, “Titus, approach, my friend. Titus, you are strong and vigorous. You can help me to carry this community; you will be my second. Now, Titus, you are Titan, and it is with the assistance of your strength that I would build a titanic Church! ”

The loss of Christos was a shock for Titus as for all others. But, true to his reputation as a rock on which we can rely, especially for the Church that Christos had given him the charge over, he always maintained his good humor, seriousness and fast became revered, a pillar in the service of his companions.

Soon, the apostles parted. Everyone chose a way, a special way of serving Christos and his message. Just before separation, Titus distributed to each apostle a ring bearing a purple stone, a ruby, in memory of their friendship and their mission. A ring was also given to Daju Anaclet, a young apostle who had become a friend of Titus and Samoht.

Titus then made a momentous decision: to leave for Rome, the center of the Empire and soon their church! But he did not go alone, for his friend Samoht followed him on his journey.

Landing in Apulia, the two friends went into the cities of Abruzzo and in particular its capital L'Aquila where they stayed a few days. They took advantage of their presence in these lands to teach the precepts of Aristotle and Christos to the local population who knew how to welcome with a hospitality worthy of The Book of Virtues. Such was The fervor for Aristotle in the capital of Abruzzo its inhabitants erected a church in each district.

[Note from transcriber: Samoht is not clear, he said in his memoirs that Titus would have given his stick Aquilani whose upper end is rounded volute. Today more commonly called stick or rod, the said Don-is kept religiously in the cathedral of the city. They do brandish every June 29 in a grand procession dedicated to him.]

Life of Pope Titus

Finally in Rome, Titus, and Samoht bought an apartment in a insulae on the Aventine hill near the Tiber - where one day he was to be installed as the future Holy See - and everyone began to spread the message of Christos. Fishing day, preaching at night, Titus made several followers. However, he concentrated his efforts on people who already knew the message of Aristotle, emphasizing the continuity of messages and complementary teachings. Numerous converts by Samoht then turned and worshiped what Titus had set up. Titus continued on his way, like a rock down the slope of the Seven Hills, destroying all obstacles ungodly.

One day as he ate and drank at a tavern with friends, there occurred an extraordinary event. Samoht was reading a letter from Paulos on the need to choose a leader and reminded those present that Christos was specifically appointed Titus, but the latter disputed and then became modestly silent. That's when someone opened a window. A dove entered the room and fluttered under the beams. She untied herbs which were suspended, and the sprigs of basil and the spice of kings came to rest on the head of Titus. All took it as a sign of royalty imbued within the spiritual Titus. Titus stood up and said:

Citation:
    "My friends, my brothers, I am not a king! I am the servant of the Most High, and all earthly power comes only from the recognition by his peers. '

To which Samoht replied:

Citation:
    "Titus, you are our spiritual king. Here we all recognize this. Be our guide, for you are a foundation of wisdom, you are our father, our dad. '

Thus Titus became the first "daddy" or pope because the Church was like his child, and as we know from earlier, Titus had longed to become a beloved father. And he performed this task with enthusiasm and humility.

He clashed with the Emperor, who was jealous of his prerogatives, and the Emperor preferred the old religion to keep people in a state of servitude and dependence. But strong in their new status, since arriving in Rome Samoht and Titus had become great scholars of theology and would lay down the first doctrines of the Church. The number of Aristotelian grew rapidly thanks to their efforts.

Angered by this preaching and spreading of the faith, the Romans jailed Titus and his disciples in prison after a short trial for disturbing the public order.

Titus stayed in prison longer than normal at the will of the Emperor over the charter of Justice.
    During his captivity, the imprisoned Titus was starved, and thus suffered the consequences of this state until he became almost a skeleton, but he was kept alive until his release from jail so as not to make a Martyr of him.

Aware that the Church was still a fragile child that Christos had entrusted to him hoping to see the church as strong as a Titan, Titus wrote a letter to one of his friends who was still free and that he felt would one day become his successor. The Message that was sent by a secret courier was preserved and remembered because we have the following content:

Citation:
    I write this from my prison because I think my mission nears its end.

I write to you Linus, my friend, because I want you to pursue after me that which our savior Christos began in Judaea and for which he was martyred.

I do not know what has become of the other apostles and I charge you to find and organize the dissemination of faith and the formation of our priests. Do not succumb to the temptation of looking like iron and thus die a martyr needlessly, because life is a precious gift that our Creator made us.

The Church has become is a visible society, which recognize four characteristics, it should be:
      one, holy, apostolic and Aristotle.

The link that connects the divine essence and keeps us close to the Creator exists only by His will and through Aristotle, Christos and his apostles. As it is to us that this link was first given, and we shall transmit it to the people so that they may feel the effect of the infinite love of God for those who remain faithful to the message of the prophets.

The divine message, transmitted by the Prophets, must be kept and preserved by bishops who do, so it is impossible to stray from the Church of Christos and become unfaithful to Dogma.

It is also necessary to remove all other companies and organisations who seek to usurp the name of the Church. As they are being led by the spirit of heresy and the creature without a name, they are mistaken in their beliefs , doctrines and morals.

Yes the road will be long, but I've seen dreams that will come to pass of Rome, finshed its construction and the heart of our society true to the word that has been taught by the Messiah.

I am counting on you, my friend, to continue what was started and like Kyrène, Calandra, Adonis, Helena, Ophelia, Uriana, Thanos, Paulos, Nikolos, Samoht and even the unfaithful Dajú ...progress the faith.

The bearer of this message will also give you a set of keys, one of which opens the crypt where we met in secret. The bearer will guide you and protect you, but try to be discreet, because our enemies will want to eradicate you.

You will also find in this crypt seven gates, each of which opens with a key that I bear. It is behind the seventh door you will find the the list of our faithful. They are safer with you then me and you will be able to continue our work.

But the Romans did not want to see him die in prison, the risk of making him a martyr was too great. So they proposed that Titus participate in circus games.
    Titus accepted this on condition of the release of some of his companions. In the circus were erected nine enormous cross each weighing over a hundred pounds, one for him and the other eight for eight of his friends.
    The Emperor of Rome said that for every cross he could tear from the ground, one of his companions would be released.

Titus managed a good nights sleep and the next day succeeded in removing eight of the crosses, leaving only his. But Titus was exhausted and could hardly stand. Despite this, Titus was released as the Emperor feared a riot would ensue.

Titus went through the door of the prison supported by a legionnaire. He was weak, emaciated and sick. His friends barely recognized the "rock of God." Samoht met him, supported him, walking discreetly to the apartment where they lived together. There, Titus remained in this state between life and death, without speaking, as if the Almighty did not wish him to yet. His friends and companions remained at his bedside despite being released. After the third day some of the Roman patricians appeared, for they had been moved by the performance of Titus in the circus.

But it was not only they who came, the princes of the Empire and those beyond, came. The place was full of people from many different languages, faces and colours. It was with an eerie calmness that all waited their turn to see Titus. That so many came to pay their respects to Titus was surprising, but they all worshipped his efforts and he was now considered as the new Primus inter pares, the Pontifex Maximus. These patricians and princes came to swear allegiance to the first Pope in history, and they all waited patiently for him to speak. A few days later, as it all began to calm down, Titus stirred in his deathbed and spoke

Citation:
    "Let me die standing in front of my Creator,"

Titus tried to rise and all stood aside while the disciples, the future leaders of the early Church, were then recognised by the temporal sovereigns present, and the disciples would no longer have barriers. All stood aside for Titus as they feared the wrath of the most High as his most emeritus servant was being called to him to join the Prophets.

Titus Spoke:

Citation:
    "Lord, I come to You. Forgive me, my mission is not over, but Linus is on it! '

And he died there as the morning light shone over the shoulders of Samoht and his companions. It was as if an invisible hand helped lay the body on the cold floor. It was the 29th June. Samoth and the companions took the body to a crypt in the apartment where a tomb was dug for the burial. Today the Basilica of St. Titus of Rome is built over the crypt where lies the "rock of God" upon which the Church was built.

Translated by brothers Maisse Arsouye, Nsaymar and Pons d'Agoult; and by Teagan into English

Dernière édition par Kalixtus le Lun Nov 22, 2021 2:29 am; édité 1 fois
Kalixtus
Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Mer Nov 17, 2021 4:55 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Citation:

Hagiography of the Saint Apostle Kyrene

Kyrene was 3 years younger than Christos. A teacher of Hellenic history, she had a great knowledge of Aristotle's philosophy, lived to teach, and was naturally attracted to Christos' teaching. At the same time, advocating love and absolute tolerance, she had converted an old militiaman, leading him to lay down his arms, preferring the search for a constructive preaching with the Romans to unsuccessful attempts to force them to leave by force.
    Christos’ vision of love made her the first woman to accept being one of his apostles of universal love, always in search of selfless love. She was already preaching by his side, and it is from her that the quotation “Love one another“ comes from; “as Christos loves us, too. Love each other; To this all will know that you are his disciples, if you have love for one another”

After the crucifixion, she continued to preach Love and Compassion, Christos' death having strengthened her belief that it was better to accept her destiny, whatever it may be, rather than use violence to try to bend it. Yes, she was thinking about what the Messiah Christos once said to her: “I accept my destiny to suffer for you, and my bishops will not have the same mission. You must live by the word, but others will have the destiny to protect you with iron, because humanity still has too much shadow in itself. Live and preach, but accept that some have the burden of using iron to defend the Church if it is attacked by it. Never, however, should they use iron for their own purposes, or those of their leaders.”

One day, almost ten years after Christos' death, as she was walking in Jerusalem to join her students, she saw two Roman soldiers beating a vagabond and she interposed with these words:

"But by the Love of Creation, stop this violence, why do you want to be violent and so brutal to the poor?"

The two men turned to look at her to tell her to move along, if she did not want to be shown how much they could love him... They left, laughing, dragging the unfortunate man behind them. Kyrene followed them, preaching love and tolerance, until one of the two soldiers turned around and struck her with his shield. Only the arrival of a group of her pupils made the two soldiers flee, dragging with them their victim Helping her up, her students told her:

"But, most holy and noble mistress, how can we, who refuse violence oppose to that of others?"

She taught them about this subject. Since the destruction of the great city of Oanylone, human communities had originally organized around moral rules considering their own survival. Moral rules exist because human being are free to make their own choices. And part of them still listens to the message of the violent. Because the human must tend towards god, but is still filled with shadow. As he strives for perfection he naturally knows, as a child of god, to be reasonable and able to choose reason, but he must still be guided. We must strive towards a community following universal laws, and the longest route is made of words and love. It is to this end that the human has received the verb and the writing. But sometimes humanity will take the shortcut of using iron, because it was also given to man by god. And yet, iron was given to man as the nameless creature was left among us, for the purpose of tempting us and for us to forget it was a weapon. One day I tell you, we will live in a world of love where we will only be interested in what the Most High sees in us, and no longer what our neighbor sees, and only on this day weapons will no longer be out of their scabbards. But for this day to come, we must separate the iron and the verb, this without neglecting the use of iron by those who choose to defend the priests of the Most High. The messiah came to define rules, because as Aristotle already said “we must prefer to be content with the acceptable rather than to directly demand the impossible.” Violence is therefore acceptable against violence if the goal is justice or the defense of the true faith. We must be able to oppose the word to the word, but also the iron to the iron.

Let's not be like the tribe of Carebears, who did not understand that sometimes things do not happen as they should, that we should expect god to protect us, because he gave us the ability to do so. We can't thank him for free will and blindly put it to events. Remember, just after the destruction of Oanylone, that this tribe that followed the exodus, asked god for an oasis for their own, in the middle of the desert. A place blessed by him, where they would have everything available and could live in beauty contests, pagan and permanent festivals, and where no one would impose anything other than love and be loved to them. They asked so much that Mhour answered them: « Help yourself and heaven will help you ». After having deliberated on this answer, they did not understand it and thought that it would be enough to leave and that once again Oane would appear to them, giving them what they asked for. So they left without anything, so that they didn’t last long, in the direction of the rising sun, to finally disappear forever and become a mere legend. Our creator gave us the means to protect us from the rain. He gave us the science of construction, but does the lumberjack who fells trees criticize him? The creator did not allow us to come to the world clothed, but made it possible to the weavers, who need to kill animals just like butchers...

Everyone has his place, the soldier has his place in the same way to help the building of the church, but he has a great responsibility. Just like the lumberjack must not cut a tree if nobody needs it, the soldier must not shed blood unnecessarily. Just like the woodcutter has no hate against the tree, the soldier must not hate his enemy, and he must act only if the cause is right and approved by god. If he fights without hatred, to serve the purposes of the Creator, and respects the days of prayer, it will be forgiven.

The choice of reason, when making a decision, is what leads to the Most High, for reason brings understanding, understanding leads to selfless friendship, friendship leads to perfect Love, and Love raises us towards god. Violence inevitably leads to exclusion and resentment, thus moving us away from the Most High. Thus, the progressive elimination of violence is, at the same time, the secret of morals and the very criterion of any political action that is meant to be moral.

After many of her preachers disappeared, having been taken away by soldiers of the empire, she was the Aristotelian authority in Jerusalem. Although not violent, she resolved to create a guard to protect the preachers of Jerusalem, and appointed one of her disciples Vice-dominus (origin of the title of vidame) to direct it.
    Far from helping her priests, she worried about the prefect who had arrested all those who carried the Aristotelian cross. He had those carrying a weapon killed for treason against the Empire of Rome and condemned to the crucifixion those who wore the robe of a priest. The sympathizers had the choice to deny Christos and his followers or to die at the side of Kyrene.
    All her disciples chose to follow her to until the end, and 33 crosses were counted on the hill on the day of execution. It is said that just before she died, she cried out a quote from Christos: “But you will love one another in the name of god!"

There is no text of Kyrene, the youngest of the apostles, for all her possessions were confiscated by the prefect of Jerusalem. There is only an account of her course on violence, and a copy of her hand in the history of the tribe of Carebears which she had offered to one of her students who had gone to Gaul before the massacre.

She died as a martyr exactly 12 years after Christos.
    Those of her faithful who were not in Jerusalem, and who escaped execution, came to remove the bodies to offer them a decent funeral. The Kyrene Shroud was later exhumed; it was found intact despite the time elapsed.

Her symbol is a goose feather on a shield, and her relic, her shroud

Translated from French into English by Caillen Jolieen MacKinnon Rose
Proofread by Conradh MacKinnon

Dernière édition par Kalixtus le Lun Nov 22, 2021 2:29 am; édité 1 fois
Kalixtus
Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Mer Nov 17, 2021 4:59 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Citation:

Hagiography of Saint Calandra

Her Life Before Christos

Being the child of a poor and meager family had great effect on the life of Calandra, it is said. Perhaps she was taught to be so humble and pious, by family and circumstance, or perhaps she was gifted with these things by the Lord Jah. Regardless of the origin of her gifts, the origins of her teaching in spiritual matters can be traced to her early childhood.

She was given to the Temple of Aristotle for training in the matters of the spirit, for it was one of the few paths to achieve a way out of poverty at that time. She learned from, and served, the priests of that temple for some time, always absorbing every drop of knowledge as dry cloth does water. Being adept at learning did not, however, make her popular with her fellow students, or even some of the priests.

On her sixteenth year she was told by the senior priest of the temple that she was required elsewhere, because of her knowledge and passion for it. She was given a small amount of goods, to feed and protect her during the journey, and was given direction to a town in the desert. At once, and with complete faith, she set out upon her journey, never guessing the ill intentions of her seniors.

She went out into the desert, her food and water being conserved because she was of humble origin, but even so it ran out long before she found the town that was not there. For many days she wandered always maintaining the course set her by the senior priest of her old temple, never once did her faith waiver. It was on the fortieth day, long after the last of her food had been eaten, and many days since the last of her water had been drank, that she did see a town on the horizon.

When she arrived, it was not of thirst or hunger that she was concerned, she immediately sought out the priest of the village. Upon finding him she was informed that he had never requested her, nor informed that she would be arriving, but vengeance and wrath were far from her mind, for she knew that it was Jah who had sent her, through even the jealousy of the temple priests. It was there that she served for many years until she was taken up by a travelling group of faithful who were seeking to educate the pagan masses throughout the lands.

Her Life With Christos

It was getting the animal to come to him that first amazed Calandra, his ability to disperse such a hostile crowd with his words and refusal of violence that sealed her respect for him. It was that day that she, and nine others, pledged their lives to him as his apostles. As one of many she began to follow Joshua Christos.

From town to town they travelled, passing down the wisdoms of Aristotle, sharing the passion and faith of Christos, and bathing others in the glory and love of Almighty Jah. Calandra was especially apt at the reading of the doctrines and interpreting them, tempering them if you will, with the words of Christos. She was known as one who could see the word of the laws, and know it’s spirit and application.

The continued miracles before her very eyes did always inspire Calandra to speak all the more loud and passionately each time. Christos deeds of fact, the curing of the ill, enabling of the lame, even bring sight to those who had never had it, only made the spreading of their words easier. The Love and the Truth was brought to many people in this fashion.

It was then that the troop came upon Jerusalem, a great town, of many people, much sin and vagrancy, and many beautiful structures. It was the confrontation there that would change not only her life, but the lives of so many, the consequences even more so. She could only stand and watch as the Centurion was sprayed, as so many others, Christos words had again be proven true, and amazement seized even her.

Even the evening in which Daju left them did not phase their belief in Christos as the messiah, Calandra herself found his words on chastity to be even more inspiring because she. Herself, already practised this thing. The speech on organization went long into the night, always did Calandra memorize, for knowledge, and its collection, was her gift from Jah. The dinner following however, with Christos gloom, did bring gloom even to her, for her mood was often set by Joshua Christos, her mentor and leader.

Everything after happened so fast as to almost elude her perception, the capture, trial and sentencing did nothing to quiet her ever-growing dissatisfaction with events. As the crucifixion did occur Calandra found herself weeping for the first time in many years, not for the eventual death of Christos, but because of the loss humanity was suffering for He would no longer be able to speak His Truths.

The body of angels that descended to Christos body stopped everything in the world, to Calandra, even the winds and rains stopped that moment, the cries and cheers of the people lost in the glorious music of the heavens. That day was not an end, but a beginning, that very night Calandra and others were busy teaching the Truth and baptizing many.

Her Life After Christos

Calandra separated from the others after Jerusalem, seeking solace in solitude, and life again in her continued teaching. Her memory did help her immensely as she could speak of the events of her time with Christos as if they were just the day before. She travelled to many lands, many more towns and villages, always spreading the word, baptising the faithful and converted, and finding among them the most knowledgeable, pious, and humble and making of them a priest for their community.

Her travels did, at one time, lead her back to Jerusalem, an accursed place in her mind, but still her path was not set by her mind or intentions, and so she followed it. On the road there she met a person that would be her companion for many years, Publia, later baptised Bertilde. It was in Jerusalem that she was reminded of the rule of the Romans, and the cruel nature of humans, but never did her faith waiver.

She spent many more years after that travelling the lands, continuing her duties, as laid forth by Christos that fateful night. She made many a friend, ordained many a priest, and had the joy of watching the Faith continue to spread and grow among the peoples of many lands. She eventually found a town, from which to base her travels, and settled there, taking up property donated by a believer for her use.

During all the many years of her service she had never been to Rome, with the announcement of Titus Ascendancy to the title of Pope only joy came. But one day a letter did come, calling for her presence there due to the works of her companion Betrtilde, and so, despite age and illness, the two prepared for what would be their last journey together.

Upon Bertilde’s death in a town just south of Rome in Italy, Calandra first felt her faith waiver, but it was quickly replenished and her purpose made clear when she saw the Rose bush sprout form the grave overnight. She proceeded to Rome and made her case to the chamber, then left, since she herself had nothing to do with the formation of any Order. On the journey back to her home she could only hope she had spoken true and that Jah would create what he would create.

A letter did arrive after the council had come to a decision, no one for sure will ever know the contents of that letter, but the official formation of an Episcopal Guard after the ideals of the then Sainted Martyr Kyrene and the teachings Bertilde did occur. Calandra did know her friend’s memory well served.

Her Earthly Departure

As age had already claimed Calandra, her body did begin to fail itself, but never her mind. As an illness began striking her very bones, causing them to become brittle and easily crack, she still continued her teaching and guidance, albeit from her bed. The roles had become reversed, her travelling days had come to an end, and so others, seekers of knowledge and wisdom, some even not yet believers, sought out Calandra at her home.

It was during this time that Calandra began writing out her various works, ideas, and memories so that many could know of them after her passing. As intelligent and knowing as she was, she also knew that ideas never stopped forming, and that one’s thoughts could often be expanded upon by another. So what was committed to memory began to become committed to parchment and animal skins.

The day of her departure began as any other, the sun rose, the wind blew, no spectacular effects of weather or miracle would mark her passing. It was her attendant, who had begun working for her, tending her fields and making her food, that discovered it when he had come to bring her first meal. The corn porridge was left by her bed as the man checked her for signs of life, but alas there were none to be sensed, her breath had ceased, her heart as well, she had transversed the veil and resided in the Heavens now.

Her funeral was a humble affair, a simple burial in her garden, attended by every person in the town, and all who had come to seek her wisdom or knowledge. She was not mourned, but rather her life celebrated, memories of her shared, and her home treated with the utmost respect. Her writings, gathered by a few of her frequent students and visitors, were carted to Rome, where, to this day, many reside.

Relics

The remains of Clandra have been lost to time.
    Several documents remain bearing her name as the original creator.

Associations

Greater: Teachers and Students, Travellers
    Lesser: Missionaries

Dernière édition par Kalixtus le Lun Nov 22, 2021 2:30 am; édité 1 fois
Kalixtus
Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Mer Nov 17, 2021 5:05 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Citation:

The Mythos of the Holy and Chivalrous Order of Her Sacred Rose: Origin of the Order

Prologue
    It was after the death and rising of Christos, and the subsequent withdrawal of the Apostles from Jerusalem, that they met in a hidden meeting place to discuss the future of the Holy Church, what they had seen, and what actions they should take. Many of them separated to go their own ways, a few of them in groups of two, many alone, determined to spread the old word of Aristotle in its true form, and the new word of Joshua Christos among it.

This is the story of part of one such journey, that of Calandra, and her companion, Bertilde.

Chapter One: A Chance Encounter
    And so it was that the wanderings of Calandra, spreading the word of the Aristotelian Church, led her back in the direction of Jerusalem. Wounds of the mind and spirit still fresh, she almost obeyed her thoughts to turn away, leave the city unto itself. She knew this to be wrong and so proceeded on into the city, hoping that she would not be recognized and persecuted, but knowing Jah’s will would direct her and prevail regardless.

It was on the road still several measures from the city that she came across a woman weeping at the base of a tree. With compassion in her heart Calandra approached the woman, she saw about her body bruises and abrasions common to one who has endured the torment of an aggressor upon their body. Calandra’s heart wholly went out to the young woman now, without even asking, she knelt down and embraced her tightly, holding strong against any resistance.

It was only once the sobbing had ceased that Calandra felt strong enough to release the young woman. She looked her up and down, this woman was strong and lean, there is no way she was taken without retaliation, she must have fought and lost to her attacker. She looked up into the woman’s face, despite the dirt stained tear tracks down her cheeks, she saw nothing but defiance and passion in her eyes.

“Tell me, child, what are you called?” Calandra asked.

The reply came, “I am called Publia Iulia Velina, I thank you mother, for your embrace.”

“Tell me, who has done these terrible things to you? Why are you cast out into the land, wearing not but rags? And how can I further assist you?” the longing to help was more than Calandra could resist, she shifted to sit beside the young woman and kept her body next to hers to share warmth against the coming night.

Publia turned to look more directly at Calandra, “I was… unwelcome among a certain element in town, I was told I was unwanted and beaten… and taken… against my will, then cast out like refuse, into the street. What little I have to wear I was forced to acquire from the back alleys and trash bins of Jerusalem. The people are not kind given recent happenings.

“As to how you can help me, mother, you already have. I can ask no more of you.”

Calandra pulled the woman tighter to her bosom, letting her rest her head upon her shoulder. “Then you will come with me, as my child, and my peer. And we shall find shelter there in the lights of the city.”

That night the two walked together back into Jerusalem and found shelter at an inn on the outskirts of town.

Chapter Two: The Days of Jerusalem
    And so it was that the two spent their days about Jerusalem. Publia’s wounds healed, she obtained more modest clothing, and obtained a hard wooden staff, which she used to walk about the city on their daily constitutionals and tasks. Calandra sometimes worried about the staff, for Publia walked without effort, but it was not her place to question the motives of her companion and friend.

The two wandered the city each day, to a new and different place each time. Calandra teached the ways of the Aristotelian Church, and while the people did listen, so too did Publia, while also seeming ever vigilant. So it was that Publia became a true and faithful believer in the ways of Christos and Aristotle, and so did Calandra’s concern grow for her friend.

It was late in the afternoon one day, the pair had just received a blessing of food from a group they had just attended to, bread and corn, simple… but all that was needed, and they were traveling through an alleyway that would shorten the journey by a half measure of time, when Calandra spoke, “Publia, you are a professed believer, why do you not allow me to baptize you, as you have seen me do to others?”

“Would you no longer allow me as you companion if I refused baptism?” came the reply.

“No, of course not, you are my friend as well, and I would be lesser without you.”

“Can I not travel with you, knowing I am a believer of the Faith and the Church, but unbaptized?” Publia asked another question.

Calandra, blessed with an abundance of wisdom and passion answered, “But why refuse when you know it to be the next step of assurance of Faith, and required to ascend to the Sun upon your death? If you do not doubt your faith, the way I know you not to doubt, why deny yourself this act?”

“Because the path to Jah, whether through Aristotle’s reason, or Christo’s Faith is a journey of the self, until such a point as one enters the Friendship. It is my own path to walk, and I have not yet arrived at the point to make that choice in my own life. I am not denying myself… I am ensuring my motives,” answered Publia with knowledge beyond her years.

With that they entered their room at the inn, and prepared their meal. They ate only what was required to quiet their stomachs and then wrapped the rest in soft cloths to break fast on the morrow. The night came slowly for the pair that night, as they wondered of each other’s minds and thoughts, but the darkness did indeed swallow them and rested them for the day coming where they would need it.

Chapter Three: Of Thunder and Lightening
    There came a day that started like any other… the treebirds singing, a slow, lazy wind from the west, and the sun entering the room, awakening the pair for another day. They prepared as usual, they dressed, they ate a soggy cornmeal, Calandra prepared her teachings, and Publia prepared her staff. All was normal within their part of the world, but all would not be the same by its close.

The pair entered the streets of Jerusalem once again, this time to proceed to a square they had been invited to by the local merchants, to teach the word while the people shopped for their food for the day. As the two entered the square, several things escaped the notice of Calandra, but not the eyes of Publia. There was a decided lack of a crowd, the people that were there seemed on edge ready to spring, but to Calandra’s credit, as one of the Spiritual world and she did not notice and began to conduct her teaching.

Publia was on edge, but did not display it as to avoid unease of her friend and companion. She tightened her hands about her staff to be ready for any event that may occur. Calandra began speaking on the idea that the Holy Being is Almighty, as Publia proceeded to fall back into the crowd.

It was then that a group of Roman soldiers entered the market and approached Calandra, many kept their hands at their sides, or folded across their chests, but the Centurion approached her himself, hands upon his sword. The day had become cloudy and the winds harder, but the sun still shown enough to glint off the Roman’s armor and into her eyes. Quickly she looked about, but could see Publia nowhere; in fact many of the peoples of the city had dispersed to avoid confrontation.

The lead Roman spoke, malice and contempt in his voice, “You people have already once been chased from this place. You are not welcome. You are a rebel against the Empire, here to drive a wedge between it and its people. You were left alone to allow you to leave of your own volition, but now it is too late, you will be punished for your crimes.”

Calandra was struck speechless, after the happenings after the death of Christos, she was sure that the people’s minds and will had changed. It appeared as though they had not, thought she had never sensed her presence to be unwelcome, perhaps she was ignorant of the world more than she realized. Unable to see any other way out of the situation, and apparently abandoned, she prepared for the worst and held out her hands to be bound by the Centurion.

It was then that the first strike of lightening came; it signaled the coming of the rain, and simultaneously the coming of the blow from Publia’s staff to the arms of the Roman leader as he reached for Calandra. Another quick blow to the side of his helmet dropped the man to his knees as well into the grasp of unconsciousness. A few of his soldiers ran forward to catch him and more than one moved their arms to their weapons.

Publia spoke with intensity unknown to Calandra, “You will cease and desist now! You will take your leader and retire back to your barracks and report that you were unable to find us! You will allow us to return to our room, pack our things, and leave this city without interference! “

Calandra thought that her companion spoke with the voice of one used to the role of command. She came to the conclusion that she knew even less about the young woman than she had thought, she would have to inquire further if they survived this encounter. She looked at Publia’s face and saw there the determination and defiance from that first day, and things began to become clearer.

The Romans seemed to have a semblance of familiarity on their faces, as if they recognized their leader’s attacker. They lifted the man upon their shoulders, removed hands from their sheaths and slowly backed away from the pair. As they approached the exit to the square they turned and left.

“Mother, you must trust me, we must depart. I will answer all your questions later, for now we must move urgently, “Publia’s voice was softer now.

With trust and willingness Calandra followed her friend back to the inn, where they did pack their things and depart the city immediately. They proceeded away, without looking back, without slowing, and without hesitation. Several nights and days passed before Publia would allow them to come to a stop, rest, and speak once more.

Chapter Four: Truth, Baptism, and Foundations
    Around a camp fire the two sat, cross-legged and comfortable beneath the canopy of a grove of trees beside the road. They ate the remnants of bread and corn that they had managed to take with them from Jerusalem. Together they sat, but after recent events, they both felt alone.

“We must stop at a town soon, to restock our food,” said Calandra, avoiding the question at the fore front of her mind.

“Ask, what you need to ask,” replied Publia knowingly.

Calandra let the thoughts of her mind burst forth from her mouth, “Why did you deceive me for so long? Who are you? What are your intentions with me?”

“Mother, know that I never lied to you, everything I did had its own purpose, including not telling you certain elements of my past. I’m sorry you feel hurt by this fact, but I did as I felt I must. I am Publia Iulia Velina; former Centurion of the group we faced in Jerusalem, the man that led them was the one that stripped me of my honor, my pride, and my virtue. My intentions remain the same, to follow you, mother, and protect you how and when I am able.”

Clandra was forced to pause for a moment, food turned to ash in her mouth, and she now knew what her purpose was in the city. It was not just a test of her courage and commitment, but she was sent to receive and save this young woman as well. Jah’s will did indeed take shape in mysterious ways.

“I am sorry if I distressed you by my actions and thoughts Publia, there is no need to be sorry. It is I who should apologize, how may I serve you?”

“Mother… baptize me.”

And so it was that the Roman Publia was baptized by Calandra, and given the Aristotelian name Bertilde, meaning ‘bright warrior maiden’. She was folded into the growing Friendship of the Church and was pledged to Calandra’s service. The pair conducted the ceremony alone in the desert, presided over and witness by Jah alone.

“As I am unable to carry a weapon, you shall do so, by my side, to protect me from the evils of man’s heart,” declared Calandra, “so too shall I guide us in journey and in spirit so we may reach our goals in the world, and of the mind.”

And so it was that the bond between the speakers and warriors of the Church were formed and bound.

Chapter Five: The Years of Service
    For many years after the pair served the Church, always together. Calandra speaking the word of truth among the peoples of many nations, and Bertilde by her side, always vigilant, always protective, always compassionate as an assistant to the clergy of the Church. Word of their companionship spread far and wide among the believers and many of the Apostles, and other Clergy, began emulating their way, and took upon themselves a layperson, many former Roman soldiers.

Bertilde was considered to be the founder of the ideals of service of the warrior to the Church, which she never contested. Many a letter she wrote to her fellow guardians, directing them in the true ways of a soldier for Jah, always proclaiming the warrior virtues, the necessity of service and duty, and that the true path can be found walking in the path behind a member of the clergy. She was undisputed in her teachings for they were always found to be true and pure.

The pair, the companions, were never found far from one another’s side, Calandra was held to the regulations placed before her by Christos, and although Bertilde was not, she did so out of honor of her charge. The years faded, as did their youth, but loneliness never achieved a hold on either’s heart, though pursued by men for marriage Bertilde never did concede. The Friendship can be achieved through means other than marriage, and love can be expressed through means other than that of the flesh.

Eventually the Apostle Titus was declared leader of the Church, and ascended as such in Rome. He was given the title of Pope and the Church flourished. Having never taken a companion warrior himself, but intrigued by the idea, he sent out word to all those who did, to have them proceed to Rome to meet with him and speak of assembling an official doctrine for the provisioning of such as an Order of the Church.

Calandra and Bertilde received the word, and loyally prepared for the coming journey. They received generous donations of food from the people, and promised their return. They were even granted the use of horses by a local noble, who saw the merit in their upcoming venture. And it was that the pair began traveling on a path that would be the last for them to set foot upon together.

Chapter Six: The Last Journey
    Before the preparations were made, before even the word to come to Rome came, Calandra knew that Bertilde was not well. Despite her tidings, waving aside her concern, Bertilde insisting on making the journey as it was the Pope and Jah’s will. Calandra swallowed her ill feelings and pressed on assisting her friend and companions in any way that she could.

During the trip her condition only worsened, she was stricken by fever, and cough, her face paled, and her body became cold to the touch. Still she refused to stop and seek any aid; her faith was so much as she knew if it was her time she would be called to Jah’s side regardless. Amazed, despite the miracles she had seen, Calandra could not believe such fortitude and determination.

They made it to the coast of the sea where they bartered for passage on a vessel bound to travel directly to a city on the peninsula very near to Rome. The breeze seemed to be improving Bertilde’s condition and mood. Again lively and witty in conversation with Calandra and the crew of the vessel, worry quickly faded from the minds of others. Her skin returned to its normal color, and she spent many a day on the decks in the wind, sun, and spray of the waters.

Many nights and days passed and then again there was a shore in sight, littered with the dwellings of the Roman Empire. Smiles abound as the crew prepared for their return to land, all that were not already, had been made faithful Aristotelians by Calandra and her teachings, and they could not wait to spread the word themselves. The ship did enter the harbor, and the companions departed their new friends and began to continue their trip toward Rome.

As the trip continued Bertilde began to worsen again, this added both concern to Calandra and time to their destination. It came to the point where the pair could no longer travel at all, but they remained a distance from Rome, but in a small village nearby. They sought shelter in a local dwelling, and Calandra cared for Bertilde for many days.

“Clandra… I fear my service to you, has come to an end,” whispered Bertilde one late night.

“Do not speak such friend, this is but temporary, you will recover again, and we will continue to Rome together.”

“No, mother, it is not to be. I will rest tonight, and on the morrow I will not be able to greet the new day,” continued Bertilde.

Calandra began to weep, unbelieving, but knowing her place was not to know what the coming day would bring, “No, you will be here, and better too, and we will proceed. Rest you shall, so that your strength will return. And I will be here at your side.”

She looked down at her stricken companion, but she was already asleep. She checked to be sure, but it was sleep and not death, she could feel her friend’s breath upon her cheek. Relaxed she laid her head upon Bertilde’s breast and passed into sleep herself.

When morning did come Calandra was devastated, for Bertilde had indeed left this world. Her body peaceful and graceful in its eternal slumber, but tears still slipped from Calandra’s eyes. Saddened, but determined, she called for help to bury Bertilde, as she rightly deserved.

The spot was chosen upon a small hillside covered with sweet, fresh, green grasses. She was placed inside a grave that was dug quickly and quietly by the peoples of the town, and Calandra did preside over it, granting the rights of the funeral to her departed friend. And the earth was replaced over her, to protect her body.

That night Calandra rested fitfully, taking many hours to fall into a slumber. The next day she awoke the cries of the town’s people, unable to understand them she dressed quickly and rushed outside. Upon the hill on which Bertilde was buried the day before, sprouted a magnificent Rose bush, upon the very earth upturned for her grave. Fully grown and beautiful, the impossibility through any means other than miracle descended upon Calandra.

“See this place, the purity of her heart, soul, and very body has caused the earth to send forth fruits. Know this place, protect this place, but never hide this place, be proud that your town was chosen for such a miracle,” she spoke to the people.

She immediately returned to the place she had been staying, gathered up all of their belonging, and began her journey to Rome once more. As she had started the last day mourning, she started this one celebrating, the circle of life more obvious to her now than ever before. And now she was emboldened that the Pope’s declaration to create an Order should be heeded.

Chapter Seven: An Assembly in Rome
    Calandra came upon Rome within a day, hastened by purpose and Holy mission. The assembly had begun days before, but indecision was whispered in the halls among various people. Bertilde would be represented at this meeting yet.

Enormous was the disturbance as Calandra forced her way into the hall of meeting for the event, opening the heavy double doors herself. Several of the clergy and their companions arose to see what was the root of the annoyance all silenced when the recognized the Apostle. She rose up the pack that Bertilde had carried with her for years, full of letters, musings, and journals of her thoughts and experiences. Calandra tossed it upon the table, causing the clatter of many things from its weight.

“Here is what you truly seek! Behold the writings of Bertilde, the true founder of what ever Order you create here this day! Be it known that even know her body lays below the ground, with Rose bush sprouting from it this very day! She is with the Lord now, gazing down upon all of you here as you decide the fate of her work and her Faith! Do not discredit her,” Calandra declared.

She then turned and withdrew from the chamber, leaving the creation to people more concerned than her. She returned, as promised, to the people she left and continued her teaching of them. One day she did receive a letter stating the findings of the Pope’s declared assembly, it caused Calandra to smile, and she smiled every day after until her death.

Epilogue

The Order does find these writings to be true, and with good intention does declare them as sacred documents to be respected, and seen as the revelation into its own founding moments. The Order also recognizes the warrior Bertilde to be the first true member, matriarch, and knight of the Order, even though she held no such title in life. Her teachings, through recollection and letter, are preserved to this day and seen as the original guides to the life of one of the Order.

Original text written by Loyats son of Loyats, transcripted in the year 1455

Dernière édition par Kalixtus le Lun Nov 22, 2021 2:30 am; édité 1 fois
Kalixtus
Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Mer Nov 17, 2021 5:08 am    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Citation:

Hagiography of the Apostle Saint Paulos

Paulos was born a few years before Christos, in a village on the Mediterranean shore, in Judea. He was a dreamer and a quiet child. He loved nothing more than contemplating the beautiful scenery that surrounded his village. He could spend hours looking at the sea, watching the rustling grass on the hills, listening to the chirping of crickets on the stones overheated by the sun. He had many acquaintances but few true friends. His parents were poor but a more wealthy uncle brought him to Jerusalem. There, he learned to read, write and count. His uncle hired a tutor who taught him Greek and all subjects useful to a future trader. But the old man, feeling the privileged nature of the child, also taught him philosophy and taught him the doctrine of Aristotle.

As an adult, Paulos thus became a merchant. His uncle had no children, he was therefore his heir. And he did grow the family business with gusto, ambition and enthusiasm. He had warehouses in Jerusalem and Caesarea, and three galleys. Suppliers were many in Judea and in the countries of the Levant. Clients were found all over the empire. Paulos was rich and admired, he was not content with his life, he had no time to admire the sea and the hills, and he was not happy.

One day, when he went to a small village in the north of Judea to see a provider of olive oil, he met a man, followed by a small group. This man was called Christos. Paulos listened to him talk to the villagers, he also participated in the conversation. Seeing that such a simple man could radiate so much wisdom and happiness, Paulos was reflected on his childhood. He remembered his Greek education, the wisdom of Aristotle, and he immediately noticed the relationship between Christos and the Great Sage.

Paulos had to return again to his business, but he did not lose sight of Christos. His networks enabled him to keep abreast of the movements of the latter. And whenever he could, he would listen to the prophet. Time passed, lessons accumulated, and soon Paulos forsook his old life to follow Christos. He continued to manage his affairs from afar. He did not lose his fortune but he took no profit as he traveled on the roads with Christos

After the departure of Christos, he returned to Caesarea, but his life had changed. While some of the apostles went to preach throughout the empire, founding communities, Paulos remained in Judea, with all the notes he had taken and which contained the teachings of Christ.

He maintained a heavy correspondence with the other apostles, as well as their disciples who spread the True Faith. He refrained from training disciples, but he wrote many letters which served to standardize the faith, ultimately playing a lead role in the establishment of the doctrines. A Scholar, he felt that his role was to formalise the word of Christos, making it accessible for others.

Paulos lived to become old and very respected. He gave his warehouses to the local Aristotelian community who formed one of the very first places of prayer, later to be among the first bishoprics. Paulos, then went to live in a house on a hillside, facing the sea, on the edge of the village Caesarea. There he found the peace he had always wanted while remaining close to the city, and he spent long hours writing his missives while watching the ebb and flow of the tide and of man.

When he died, he was buried next to his house, facing the sea. His wish was to see every evening the sunset over the sea, with Rome beyond the waves, which, he felt, would one day become home to all Aristotelians.

Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Mar Juin 27, 2023 7:21 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Citation:

The Apostles
    Hagiography of the Apostle Samoth, patron Saint of the Congregation of the Holy Office

E.G. : It does not matter whether we write "Samoth" or "Samoht," the spelling differs between Greek and Roman and both are permitted.

The old man was sitting in his garden watching the Tiber gently flowing by on this beautiful spring day. Worn out by the years, Samoth had finally, against all odds, become an old man. His white hair fluttered in the wind and his eyes seemed to penetrate time.

Luica, his servant, came to give him some water. She had been at his service for fifty long years and never tired of looking at him. Being at his side warmed her, filled her with a divine calm and love. It's true that the man, by his very presence, commanded the respect and wonder of all. She put the blanket back on his lap and was about to leave when Samoth took her hand and asked her to stay.

Samoth: Stay my dear and precious Luica. You know, I don't think I am going to bother you much longer. The Most High finally calls me...

Luisa was going to take offense at his words but guessing his indignation Samoth continued...

Samoth: But yes my dear, you have deserved your rest. See for yourself, I am old and can hardly see anymore. He paused for a moment then continued. Such is life, it is meant to be. I can not wait to go to the Solar Paradise and my companions. He wiped a tear away with his hand. I am the last. All passed away before me and now I am alone. The time is cruel it runs too fast. I didn't have enough time to write about the life of the other Apostles. But I do not regret anything. To write the Vita of Christos and its 21 logions was of paramount importance and superseded everything else.

Christos' words still echoed inside of his mind...

Christos: Samoth, when I'm dead, walk the world and spread the good news as I have asked you. And when you become an old man, then write my story so that it is known and heard.

Samoth: And yes Luisa, I was still a child when I joined Christos He smiled. What did he keep telling me always?Ah yes...

Christos: Samoth, my youngest friend, faithful among faithfuls.

Samoth looked away and began to remember his life...

Samoth: You should have seen me Lucia at the beginning of my life; young, temperamental, even impertinent. He laughed and than immediately had a coughing fit. Time and my experiences have made me a scholar, but given my parents' modest origins, it wasn't easy. My family were farmers. But attracted by the sea, my father soon got used to the idea of sending me to the shores of the Dead Sea. There I met Titus, an artisan fisherman. I became his apprentice and would have stayed there had it not been for this encounter.... Ah, it all depends on very small things. One meeting and see how everything can change. One day in the village square we met Christos. I'll never forget that meeting... Can you imagine dropping everything overnight to follow a man who aspires to your whole being, your soul...

We approached Christos, soon accompanied by our friend Paulos, a peasant. I was the youngest, I was still a child...but it was me who spoke.

Samoth: "Master, your words are so just, teach us the message of Aristotle!"

So, Christos, touched by my innocence, and answered.

Christos: "Then follow me. Your trades, your goods, your tools can wait until you finish your mission. For now I am going to make you build inside the church the most beautiful instrument of peace. Know it, I will teach you the wisdom of Aristotle and the message of God, but you must learn altruism and self-denial."

We all set off towards the great basilica. We followed our master to teach all the word of the Most High. We ended up being twelve. And this is just one example of the many wonderful things Christos did when we accompanied him on the roads. He always did these things in the most natural and simple way possible, while we were in awe of the power God invested in him.
    And we continued on our way, eager for love and truth, following our Messiah as he told us many parables that will remain engraved in my memory, and which I would also like to pass on to you, my friends, when the opportunity arises...

Samoth: Twice I've lived in absolute happiness. First with Christos, then with Titus. Once Christos had sacrificed himself for our souls, I went to Ephesus and then to Rome. We preached, converted, built a Church of the faithful. So much was built around His Word. And what about Titus, our spiritual King? He was our first Pope. With him, our Holy Church became Titanesque. I was honored when he entrusted me with the mission of creating and organizing around myself and my disciples a congregation that would be charged with developing, propagating and preserving the word of the Most High.

Samoth pauses briefly before continuing on a sadder tone.

Samoth: But twice, my soul has been bruised. For a long time, I bore the guilt of being alive and thus having outlived Christos and Titus. I still bear the scars of that suffering. Saved by Pontius the first time, then saved by Titus himself the second time, I could do nothing to prevent such misfortune. But worst of all, I was there, always there... Now all have died in martyrdom and I'm dying here beside you, looking out over this landscape that has always had the gift of soothing my anger. But I finally understood, my survival was destined to tell this beautiful story that will live on thanks to our disciples.
    Luisa see this.
    He took out a parchment that was hidden under his blanket This is my testament.

He remained a moment staring at the Tiber and the ancient trees which, caressed by the wind, rocked Samoth. Luisa stayed by his side for a moment, then her hand dropped. Samoth had passed away.

His work

The vita of Christos and his 21 legions.

His relics

No relic can be attributed to him. Theft, loss... We don't know what happened. However, his house on the banks of the Tiber has been preserved and the faithful can go on pilgrimage. A chapel has indeed been built in its vicinity.

His Testimony

To my companions, to the disciples of Samoth.

I take up my pen in the twilight of my existence to leave you one last testimony. And yes, the old man will speak again. It's true that I like to talk and write. But isn't that what our mission is all about?

Before long, I'll be joining my eleven companions. Don't cry for me, I certainly don't deserve it. I've escaped death so much that it's bound to catch up with me one day. Live in love of neighbor, never give up and keep the faith. The work I have begun must endure. It is now your duty to write down and preserve the traces of our history, of our journey through time.

Our deeds, our suffering, our love must be made known to as many people as possible. The faithful and their descendants need to know what happened. Don't let time work against you.

Forgetfulness and intellectual laziness are the greatest enemies of our faith. Ignorance is a greater danger than ignorance. Don't let your own disciples teach false truths. For this reason, I implore you never to stop writing and telling the story of our Holy Church. You must be the guarantor of the Holy Scriptures and dogmatic texts, and you must also see to their eternal preservation.

Dear friends, I leave you with great hope. My trust is in you,
        Samoth
        "Faithful among the faithful, spread the word of Christos".

Translated by Monseigneur Dariush (into French), Translated by Monseigneur Caillen Jolieen MacKinnon Rose (into English), Reviewed and mostly rewritten by Cinead of Twynholm, June 10th 1471.

Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Mar Juin 27, 2023 7:22 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Citation:

The Apostles
    Hagiography of the Apostle Adonia

Her life before Christos

Adonia was born in Athens, Greece, five years after the birth of Christos. She spent her childhood on the roads of the Mediterranean basin. Her father, a merchant and shopkeeper, shared his knowledge of languages with her from an early age. She earned the admiration of everyone, including her parents, who lavished praise on her every day of her life.

In view of her interactions with a variety of people, her sense of sharing and tolerance grew every day of her life. Despite her young age, her knowledge and fluid and rhythmic speaking style were admired by all. Adonia loved this life.

But the older she grew, the more she became a young woman whose beauty left no one unmoved. On a trip to Galilee, her father met a powerful merchant who, having met Adonia, asked for her hand in marriage. Her father was delighted by such a union, and agreed, much to his daughter's distress. She saw this future union as a constraint on her spirit and her taste for freedom, as the man, though wealthy, was vulgar and had little interest in the things of the mind.

Her life with Christos

After much quarrelling with her father, Adonia left the house, full of doubts and frustration, and headed for the outskirts of town.
    On this walk, she was drawn out of her thoughts by a crowd gathered around a man believed to have come from the desert.
    Everyone was in awe of what he had to say. Everyone gazed at him and seemed to breathe serenity. Adonia went over to listen. She too was captivated. His speech spoke of love, of the friendship of the Most High... Every being on earth must follow the paths of Virtue and thus fight against the Nameless One. Captivated, she approached...and listened as he spoke of teaching and joining him in spreading his message throughout the world. She knew in her heart that she would follow him.

Adonia: I wish to follow you...

Christos: Would you like to join me? Then put a lot of love in your heart and follow me, giving up some of your time and possessions for as long as you can. On the other hand, if you choose to dedicate yourself to guiding others along the path of the Church, then you must be ready to give it priority. So distance yourself from your possessions, your work, your tools, say goodbye to your family... Prefer simplicity and education above rich ornaments and fine clothes. For our task will require sacrificing personal goods for the collective good, but in exchange you will be sacred among God's children.

He continues his reply to her as follows.

Christos: "If your family doesn't understand you, pray for them, because they're not receptive to God's message.
      If the person who hires you resents you, don't resent him, and pray for him, for he is not receptive to God's message.
      If your friends are holding you back, then take them with you, so that they too can discover God's message.

And so she joined Titus, Samos and the other Apostles at Christos' side, leaving everything behind. The miracles she witnessed strengthened her conviction every day. Her ability to convey the message of the Most High to people speaking different languages amazed everyone.
    They had already traveled to many countries before Christos and his disciples arrived in Jerusalem. The suffering they shared strengthened their faith. Following the conviction and execution of Christos, Adonia decided to follow her fellow Apostles of Christos and spread Aristotle's message and values. Their community, bound together by friendship, continued to grow, thanks to the baptisms they performed.

Her life after Christos - A long way away

The ability to communicate with different communities prompted her to leave her fellow Apostles and travel to more and more remote regions to spread the Word. Each year spent disseminating Christos' teachings produced a dozen disciples and priests.

But she wanted to do more. Faster and faster. So, as time went by, she withdrew from the populated world to work on uniting each ethnicity around a single language and a single script. She worked day and night at the task. Writing the word of the Most High in a Universal Language so that all could benefit from the teachings of Aristotle and Christos. Until one day, the task was completed. It was with this book that she decided to return to the living world. Along the way, she met Paulos. Proud of her work, she showed it to him...

Paulos : What have you been up to, my dear sister?
      Adonia : I do not understand your horrified look Paulos. Are you not happy to see all peoples understand each other in one language? Do you not see more disciples, preacher and priest join us?
      Paulos : This ambition has blinded you dear Adonia. Have you forgotten chapter VII of prehistory?

Paulos starts to quote from the Book he just mentioned.

Paulos : Cities increasingly competed for control of resources. What they couldn't get through trade, they tried to obtain by force. So each city organized an army, hiring soldiers to fight for the wealth of their community and its leaders.
      Then God decided to let them learn about friendship, so that never again would one human kill another. He divided the single language into a multitude of languages. Humans could no longer understand each other between cities. The Most High then allowed them to learn the languages they didn't know. This learning process required each of them to open up to the other's culture. As a result, they were less inclined to fight, given the effort required to learn the languages of those they wished to attack.

Adonia collapsed and wept, unable to comprehend her misguidance. Paulos comforted her and told her that her talent should be used to bring people together, but that she should not assist in doing the bidding of the Nameless One by returning the one Universal Language.

The return of Faith

Her encounter with the Apostle was a blessing in disguise. She came to her senses and went to hide her work so that no one could discover it.
    She traveled the world, setting up numerous schools where each pupil was responsible for translating and writing the Word in every language.
    In the greatest confidentiality, each disciple worked to propagate this Aristotelian friendship.

Teaching the message

Like the other Apostles, Adonia had agreed to spread the word of the Most High. She spread this word around the Mediterranean basin, reaching much further out.
    Her great ability to communicate helped her to expand the number of baptized throughout the world.

Adonia helped bring people together. By acting as an intermediary, she helped them to understand each other. In this way, she strengthened fraternal communion around the Book of Virtues.

It's never easy to teach the word of the Most High without its message being misinterpreted because of misunderstandings. Adonia had an important role to play in this regard. Thanks to her gift, the teaching of the Most High was communicated without omissions, without deletions, without additions. The word of the omniscient has never been degraded by travel or the passage of time.

Some quotes:

„Go, make all nations disciples of the Most High, united in Aristotelian friendship“

"Teach the true word as it has been taught, so as to be able to exhort according to Holy Dogma and refute the doubters."

"Teach but with patience, understanding of him who hears you. For know this, there is no more real danger than that which believes it teaches the true word when it is only misdirected."

Her departure from earth life

It was while teaching young boys and girls to read Aristotle's word that one day she was arrested and reported by the father of twins. Accused of misleading young people, she was imprisoned in Rome and tortured.
    Despite the ferocity of her interrogations, she never gave up to her torturers the various places where the word was written and taught.
    Exhausted, she was tried and condemned to crucifixion, 15 years after the death of Christos. Her body was then burned to prevent her disciples from recovering her remains.

Relic

A Roman guard gave Adonis' pupils the shroud on which she lay after each act of torture.

Translated by Monseigneur Dariush into French.
    Translated by Monseigneur Caillen Jolieen MacKinnon Rose into English 1467.
    Reviewed and rewritten by Cinead of Twynholm on June 10th 1471.

Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Mar Juin 27, 2023 7:22 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Citation:

The Apostles
    Hagiography of the Apostle Uriana

Her childhood

On a beautiful spring night, Timna and Timor looked up at the stars. Lying on the ground, they were pondering their future and the name of their unborn child. The stonemason and his wife had wanted this child for a long time.

Timna : So! What name will we give to our daughter?
      Timor amused :You seem to be sure of yourself. And why wouldn't it be a boy?
      Timna : I know it will be a girl. I dreamed it. I can't explain it to you but I know it. She will live in our love and will be devoted. She will inherit even the strength of character of her father.smiling What do you think of Uriana?
      Timor : It's beautiful, yes. So, Uriana it shall be.

Uriana was born on June 3rd, 20 BC. And as Timna had foretold, from a very young age, the child lived in love and devotion. She was respected by the entire village, commanding the admiration of all. At the age of 16, Uriana shone brightly and lived in sharing and friendship. Her faith was unquestioned by anyone. With a strong build, shining eyes, and a clear voice, Uriana possessed an unparalleled determination. Her family meant everything to her.

The pivotal event

The village of Uriana was situated near Tyr. Its governor attempted, with varying degrees of success, to appease the Roman pretensions. Demanding more and more, the invaders pushed the governor and some prominent figures to rebel. They personally set about raising troops from neighboring regions, deploying detachments and small outposts in nearby villages... But their actions proved fruitless, desperate even for some. The Romans marched upon Tyr and its region, and their fury matched their retribution. They razed everything in their path, massacring the villagers and burning the dwellings. Uriana's village did not escape their wrath. When they arrived, Uriana ran to seek shelter, but a horseman thundered behind her. Her father stepped in and took the sword in her place. Timor lay on the ground with his daughter unconscious upon him. She had only enough time to witness her mother being struck down by an arrow piercing her chest.

The inner conflict

Upon waking up, Uriana was consumed by a deep rage. She screamed, but no sound came from her throat. Her eyes filled with anger. Her face became contorted with hatred...
    For days, she wandered without knowing where she was going. She now appeared to be 40 years old. One day, a mysterious voice spoke to her...

The Nameless One : Uriana… Uriana
      Uriana shocked replied: Who is it? Am I going crazy? Who is there?
      The Nameless One : You know it dear Uriana. Didn't you call me?
      Uriana : Never. What are you saying? I refuse to talk to you.
      The Nameless One : You asked for me. Your anger summoned me. Your fury has forced my diligence. Your sadness and abandonment compel me to come to your aid. No, Uriana... Your whole soul and body are calling for me.
      Uriana : Leave me. You can't do anything for me. I do not want to listen to you anymore.
      The Nameless One : On the contrary. I can do everything for you. Let me serve you. I can calm you down.
      Uriana :And how could you? Say it to me, you who seems to know everything and to have an answer to everything.
      The Nameless One : Let me guide you. Allow me to think and act for you. Make me enter your soul... Surrender yourself to me and I'll make you forget this sadness that consumes you.
      Uriana : The Most High forbids it... I am so tired
      The Nameless One : And what has the Most High done for you and your parents? Can you tell me?

Uriana breaks into tears and says nothing. She consents, she gives in... She falls asleep. When she wakes up, it's no longer her. She is no more. People who pass her turn away in fear. Everyone runs away from her. She doesn't speak. All she does now is utter incomprehensible words. Her actions are that of a madwoman. She shouts, screams, insults, steals...

The encounter with Christos

Christos, accompanied by Samoth and Titus, entered Caesarea. They preached as usual. Many disciples came to listen to them.

Christos: My friends, do not be mistaken! Those who do not live in the friendship that Aristotle taught us, they will burn in the thousand flames of Gehenna.

Christos: Those who yield too quickly to the temptations of sin, those who do not know virtue, they will end up in the suffering and solitude of hell.

Christos: Those who succumb to the sweet voice of sin, who are seduced by its discourse, they will accompany it into the darkness.

Christos: Those who, finally, live without the love of God and humanity, who take refuge in their selfishness alone, they will end up in the infernal abyss.

Christos: Therefore, be cautious, my brothers, be attentive and vigilant! For no one knows the day when the prophecies will come true. No one knows the day of the end of time.

A small child, captivated by their words, came to meet them. He informed them that a strange person would certainly deserve to receive the wrath of the Most High. Christos asked him to show him the way. Once there, they saw and old woman chained to the entrance of a cave.

Christos: Who is this woman ?
      The child: Nobody knows it. The villagers had to chain her because she was uncontrollable. Her words are insane.
      Samoth and Titus watch Christos approaching her: Master, do not come near. It is clear that her destiny is to go to the moon in the land of demons. No one can help her.
      Christos: On the contrary, my friends. On the contrary. Do not feel this suffering. The Most High has a plan for this woman. Do not worry. I have already met the pain that gnaws at her in the past.

Christos approached. At his arrival Uriana fled to the bottom of the cave. Christos followed her. Samoth and Titus could only hear a few words from the bottom of the cave.

Christos: "Go away, temptress! Your presence among her undermines the designs of the Most High concerning this young woman. Know that you are not His favorite. He has relegated you to the shadows because you have turned away from His light. He has only allowed you to speak in order to test the faith of humans."
      Christos: "For sin is the negation of divine perfection. Total abandonment to a thousand pleasures is accompanied by a turning away from the love of God, whereas the simple and measured taste of divine creation can only be found in the love of its creator. So go away!"

The silence fell and for three days Samoth and Titus had no news from Christos or the mysterious woman that he visited in the cave. When they saw him coming, they rushed to question him but no answer came from of his mouth. Christos came only to look for bread, water and some clothes.

After another five days, Christos appeared accompanied by a young woman. Titus and Samoth estimated her to be in her twenties. Intrigued at first, they were stunned to realize that she was the "beast" who had been living in the cave a few days ago.

Christos: Samoth, Titus I present you Uriana. She will be one of us now.

Samoth and Titus looked at each other and understood that they should not ask questions but accept this state of affairs.

By Christos' side

During the following days, Samoth and Titus discovered a devoted woman who showed great compassion. Her personality pleased everyone. The children loved playing with her. Her kindness and tenderness were tested every day, and no flaws could be observed by the two men who were increasingly amazed to see this woman spreading so much love around her. They never knew what had happened in that cave. And they never asked questions. They simply guessed, by looking at her, that Uriana had suffered immensely.

Uriana continued by Christos' side, along with the eight new companions, spreading the Word of the Most High.

The meal went on very joyfully, and all the guests were happy to celebrate the beginnings of the new Church of Aristote. But I noticed then that Christos' eyes held a strange expression, a mix of sadness and melancholy. He was quieter than usual, and yet many of his apostles didn't realize it, busy as they were discussing peace and love.

Uriana noticed that something was happening. She watched Samoth come to Christos' side and engage in conversation. When they finished, Christos came to her.

Christos: You have guessed, haven't you?
      Uriana, tears welling up in her eyes: Yes. What will I become without You? I owe You my life and my redemption.
      Christos: The plan I have for you will not be easy. I admit it. But you are ready. I can assure you of that. And know that I will always be by your side. You have seen the beast, you have felt it more than anyone else. You know the harm it can do. Only you can now fight and struggle against that devilry called possession. I have taught you what needs to be done.

Uriana had accepted her destiny long ago. She rested her head on Christos' lap and stayed there for a while, silent, savoring the last moments in his presence.

After Christos' death

Her life after Christos is shrouded in darkness. No one truly knew what happened. Every time she was mentioned, it was in connection with the most mystical events. One day, there were tales of children possessed by demons who regained their spirits after encountering Uriana. Another day, it was said that a man who spewed demonic words became overnight the most beloved figure in his community.

It was only a few years later that Titus saw her again. She had come to Rome to assist in the birth of the great Church. She spoke at length to Titus about her mission, and he authorized her to recruit disciples.

However, Uriana died of exhaustion shortly thereafter.

Her teaching

Just before her death, she hid her journal so that it would not fall into the wrong hands. It contained all the events of her life. All her teachings were written there. Only chosen men and women were meant to discover this teaching.

History reveals to us that it was the Saint Himérius, Saint Illinda, and Father Marman who found this journal. They were able to continue Uriana's work by establishing the brotherhood of exorcists.

Her relics

The journal of Uriana.

Her feast: June 3rd

Translated by Monseigneur Dariush into french
    Translated by Monseigneur Caillen Jolieen MacKinnon Rose into english
    Rewritten by Cinead of Twynholm, June 20th 1471.

Cardinal
Cardinal

Citation:

The Apostles
    Hagiography of Apostle Nikolos

As old age overtakes me, Seneca of Tarsus, a faithful disciple of Nikolos of Caesarea, who received the source of life from Christos himself, I wish to bear witness to the teachings of the one who continued Christos' work among the pagans and suffered martyrdom for it.

Chapter 1: His childhood

Nikolos of Caesarea was born a few years before Christos, in the city of the same name, the son of a Greek rhetorician named Phidias and Pomponia Graecina, a descendant of a noble Roman family. Destined for high positions, he diligently attended the school of rhetoricians, where the art of oratory and the philosophy of pagan authors were taught. He showed an early interest in the philosophy of Aristotle, which he considered superior to that of all other Greek thinkers.

Chapter 2: The Controversy with Escartus

It was during this time that Nikolos of Caesarea became known for his famous statement, "One must exist to think, and not think to exist." As a handsome young man with a slender and graceful body, black flowing hair, and eyes of great beauty, he found himself engaged in a debate at the school of rhetoricians with one of his fellow students, Escartus. Escartus, a small, stout, and ill-tempered individual, argued that one must think to exist.

Nikolos: "Nonsense!" thundered Nikolos, "Escartus is spouting nonsense, my friends! It's nothing more than inflated Neoplatonism in cod liver oil! I can see through it!"

Nikolos: "According to Escartus, if I were to follow his line of thinking, that poor and foolish beggar sitting at the entrance of our school, who is so feeble-minded that he can barely think, would not exist! We would all be victims of collective hallucination!"

Escartus: "Nikolos! I tell you the truth, that creature, no matter how it appears to our eyes, is not a being! It is a thing, a mere waste! How dare you claim that this repugnant and bestial creature, so hideous and animal-like, is a being? How can you admit the existence of a being in something born with a body enslaved by base animal instincts, even imitating their grunts? It is thought that defines a being: one who does not think, is not! For only thought distinguishes a being from an object or an animal. Therefore, if this creature does not think, it means it is not a being, even though it exists."

Nikolos: "You amuse me with your discourse," replied Nikolos. "That feeble-minded person at our doorstep, despite your claims, does indeed think because he exists. Even a grunt is a sign of thought, however primitive or animal-like. It produces a thought, and it can only do so because it exists. Escartus, would we hear your foolish thoughts today if you did not exist? Or do you claim to produce thought without substance? 'An idea comes to mind only as long as the thing exists,' as Aristotle said, and he was right. Ideas come from things, and thought comes from being. One must first exist to think, my poor Escartus! Thought does not arise on its own. One must exist to think and not think to exist."

Escartus: "Look, my friends! Look at this pebble," mocked Escartus. "Hold your sides tightly, lest they burst from laughter! For, truly, Nikolos has just told us that this pebble thinks because it exists!"

Nikolos: "You've misunderstood, Escartus! This pebble does not think, and yet it exists. It exists because it was born of a thought, and that thought was born of a being—an entity that was one of the Gods. As far back as we trace the chain of cause and effect, from the produced thing to the thought that produced it, we always find a creative being, and so on, until we reach the supreme creators who are the Gods. It is because the Gods are that they have produced thought. But if we were to follow your reasoning, we would quickly arrive at the foolish conclusion that the Gods are nothing more than the product of human thought and pure speculation."

This last statement won the approval of the audience, who were deeply devoted to the worship of the Gods. A sudden commotion swept through the crowd, and Escartus was forcefully expelled from the room. "And yet," he added as he was pushed outside, "I think, therefore I am." But no one wanted to listen.

Chapter 3: His Encounter with Christos

One day, as Nikolos had withdrawn to a secluded spot on the shores of the Sea of Galilee, a modest-looking man approached him and asked:

Christos: "Why do you pray, my friend?"

Nikolos: "I pray because it is our custom to pray to the gods at certain times of the day, as I have been taught since my childhood."

Christos: "Do you believe that this way of praying is the right one?" asked the man, who was none other than Christos.

Nikolos: "I do not know, but it is the only one I know."

Christos: "Then, reflect upon it. Do you believe that your gods are pleased to see you perform gestures and rituals that you do out of habit, without knowing why? Do you think such mechanical prayers can be effective?"

Nikolos: "Certainly not," replied Nikolos, "you are right."

Christos: "One who merely obeys orders like a machine, without critically examining them to understand their inner necessity, does not work towards God and His Salvation; most of the time, they move further away from it. If they do not understand the meaning of what they are doing, then they are unable to comprehend the usefulness of prayers, and they will derive no relief from them because they remain strangers to the notion of love. Come, follow me, and I will teach you what love is and how there is not many but only one God, for just as there can be only one love, there can be only one God to receive it."

So, Nikolos, forsaking all his possessions, followed Christos, received His teachings, and became one of the twelve disciples called apostles.

Chapter 4: Where Christos Teaches Nikolos That Priests Should Not Swear Allegiance to Anyone

One day, as Christos and His disciples arrived in Sephora, Nikolos began one of his sentences with,

Nikolos: "Master, tell us..." before being interrupted by Christos.

Christos: "Do not call me Master, for we have only one Master who is God, and through Him, our Church, which is the faithful interpreter of His thoughts, and whose decisions must be respected by all its clergy. But what kind of men would we be if we were to acknowledge other masters besides God and His Church?

Christos: God has given us freedom, not so that we may alienate it to others. Have you considered what would happen if, by misfortune, a priest were to make any oath of allegiance to another man? Immediately, he would become the man of that man, his servant, serving particular interests instead of serving God.

Christos: Men of God, my brothers, depend only on Him, are accountable only to Him, and anyone who demands an oath from them seeks to place the Church under his control and make men of God beholden to him.

Christos: Now, what people would still have faith in men of God who are beholden to others and not to God Himself? By these practices, we would sow the seeds of doubt and disbelief.

Christos: Therefore, I tell you, my brothers, everywhere, at all times, refuse the oaths that others may claim you to take, for they are means of dominating the Church by laypeople and polluting divine ideas with earthly ones.

Christos: Likewise, if, as the great Aristotle recommends, you must involve yourselves in the affairs of the City, be cautious not to engage in politics, for politics is merely human affairs where corruption often reigns, driven by personal interests. You would risk tarnishing the Holy name of the Church."

When Nikolos recounted this lesson from Christos to me, I asked him about the deeper meaning of Christos' words.

Seneca: "Nikolos, Christos was keenly aware of God's superiority over humans and was determined to prevent the purity of divine law from being tainted by sin. That is likely why He established the Church.

Nikolos: God is sovereign in all things. From this sovereignty stems the Law and, for most people in all countries, morality. The Church was intended by Christos to represent this divine sovereignty. It is through the Church that God has delegated authority to humans to establish the Law and morality, following His words contained in the Book of Virtues. Hence, the necessity of absolute freedom for the Church and the individuals comprising it.

Nikolos: How can a man of the Church, if he becomes beholden to another man, preserve this freedom? And how can we not see that the private interests of the man to whom he swore allegiance could pollute divine purity?

Seneca: "But, Brother Nikolos," I said, "I don't understand why Christos forbids men of the Church from engaging in politics when Aristotle believed the opposite."

Nikolos: "Seneca, during Aristotle's time, the Church did not exist, so things are different between Aristotle's time and Christos' time. However, what Christos meant was that a man of the Church, even if he holds a public office, must behave as a man of the Church and prioritize divine morality over personal interests in order to preserve divine purity and not tarnish the name of God."

Thus, inspired by Christos, Nikolos had established himself as the defender of the Almighty's power against the laity.

Chapter 5: Where Nikolos Meets Seneca of Tarsus

But, dear reader, I am scatterbrained! I write and speak about what Nikolos taught me without even telling you the circumstances of how we met.

Tarsus is a magnificent city on the coast of Asia Minor, where philosophy reigned supreme. However, it mostly taught us, even us poor ragged orphans of the city, disbelief to the extent that one of the city's leaders could assert, without fear of contradiction: "As for the crowd of gods accumulated by long-standing superstition, if we worship them, we will not forget that such worship has no foundation other than custom. I am not foolish enough to believe in such nonsense."

It must be said that the city's comfortable way of life encouraged acedia and the practice of all conceivable corruptions, and material comfort seemed to us like a sufficient God capable of fulfilling all our desires.

It was in this city that one morning, the apostle Nikolos arrived, and that is when I met him, or rather bumped into him on a street as I stumbled out of a tavern where I had spent the night drinking and engaging in debauchery.

Nikolos: "Another one of those scoundrels good for a holy water baptism," the apostle muttered.

Seneca: To which I shamefully replied, "Get lost, you poor fool!"

That's when the apostle grabbed me by the neck and swore that by evening he would undertake my redemption and lead me onto the path of the Lord. Despite my calls for help, shouting at the top of my lungs.

Seneca: "Cecilia! Carla! Help!" No one came.

Nikolos took me aside into one of the rooms of the Temple of Apollo and, with the help of a local physician, began to make me vomit until every last drop of alcohol was expelled from my body.

Nikolos: "Now that you're feeling better," he said to me a few hours later, after a restful sleep, "know that God has sent me to save your soul. You have a choice: either listen to what I have to say on His behalf, or I hand you over to the mammalian guards (the guards of Mam, the high priestess of the cult of Apollo in Tarsus)."
      Determined to escape the clutches of that old witch, I decided to listen half-heartedly to the apostle's words, which, I must say, had little effect on the 17-year-old young man that I was. Nothing he said convinced me of the existence of God to the point that, in the end, he lost his temper and said to me.

Nikolos: "And my buttocks, have you seen them? Yet, they exist! Now, get out of here, you irredeemable scoundrel! There are days when I truly don't understand why God is interested in you!"

Unfortunately, if the apostle didn't understand, God himself knew very well what He was doing and didn't forget about me so quickly. In fact, less than a week after the incident with Nikolos, I was apprehended by a patrol of the mammalian guards after participating in the burning of a chariot rental shop because, along with my companions, we found it quite amusing.
    Being an orphan, there was little chance that someone would come to my rescue, and I began to despair of life when I was informed that a man had vouched for me. That man was Nikolos, acting under God's orders.

Nikolos: "Now, my son, you have a choice: either resolutely follow the path of the Lord and become my disciple, or face the gallows that the court is preparing for you. But know that this is the last chance God is giving you. If you think you can lie and return to your old mistakes to get yourself out of it, you're mistaken. God is an unforgiving judge."

And so, I followed Nikolos to a hovel he had rented in the city, began to assist him, accompany him on his journeys, and gradually, with the more disciplined life he made me lead and the teachings he imparted to the crowds, I became aware of the righteousness of the life he offered me. Gradually, my heart opened up to the love of God, and Nikolos became a second father to me. One morning, filled with faith in God, I asked him for baptism. That's how I myself began to serve God, the benevolent, the merciful, the one who, through His Grace, had saved my life and offered me a second birth. Such is the meaning, dear reader, of this little story that I present to you as proof of God's infinite goodness towards all His creatures.

Chapter 6: The Life and Work of Nikolos after the Death of Christos

After the death of Christos, Nikolos, like many other disciples, traveled the world to spread the prophet's message, going back and forth across the Roman Empire and beyond, at times.

To a people who worshiped idols, he said, "Do you not see that all these gods you name are merely representations of the same whole, and that they are only attributes of one single person: God? Do you not see that all these things are just manifestations of the power not of gods, but of one God, the mover of all, the creator of the Universe and the earth, of humans and plants, of spirit and matter? All names that contain an indication of His power are suitable for Him: as many blessings as He bestows, He can receive as many names. Do you want to call Him nature? You would not be mistaken, for it is from Him that everything is born, and His breath gives us life. Do you want to call Him the world? You have the right to do so, for He is the great whole that you see; He is wholly present in His parts, sustaining Himself by His own strength. You can also call Him destiny, for destiny is nothing other than the series of interconnected causes, and He is the first of all causes, upon whom all others depend." And thus, he converted them to the true faith. Thus went Nikolos, defending everywhere the omnipotence of divine presence in the smallest of His creations, as taught in the Book of Virtues, and converting many peoples with the truthfulness of his words.

To another people who wanted to revolt against the rulers of the City, claiming them to be tyrants, he said this: "In our cities, every government is instituted according to the will of the people, which can only be the will of God, for truly, there can be no powers without God's consent; otherwise, it would mean that God is not a perfect being. Therefore, it is not for an Aristotelian to rebel against a legitimately established government that respects the servants of Aristotle and Christos, for in doing so, they would rebel against God Himself."
    It was on this occasion that he uttered a phrase that would later become famous: "God speaks through the right to vote - whomever contests the outcome of the fair election result - contests God."

In Athens, he met the deacon Epiphanos, who wished harm upon the pagans and ordered a great hunt against them.

"Epiphanos, who are you to substitute human justice for divine justice and falsely accuse men of crimes they have not committed simply because they do not believe in Christos?"
    What single man can judge and say, "This is right, that is wrong?" What excess it would be, and what chaos too, if each person presumed to do the same, living according to their own private law based on their particular interests, and the holy name of God would be quickly tainted by abominable crimes.
    Your duty is first and foremost to convert them through example and words, for they are first and foremost creatures of God who are lost or have not been helped to find the path of Truth.
    However, you cannot substitute yourself for divine justice; that is to commit the sin of pride by substituting yourself for that justice, for no one knows the immensity of God's love for His creatures or the immensity of His forgiveness.
    "When it was necessary to judge the men of Oanylone and destroy the city, God did not invoke any human justice but exercised His own justice, which is not contingent upon any human law and cannot be reduced to codes and laws without denying, limiting, or restricting the infinite freedom and goodness of God. Therefore, in such cases, it is not for you to take hold of earthly justice yourself, but to approach the leaders of the Church who, as delegates of divine justice, will know what decision should be made."
    The wisdom of Nikolos' words was such that soon, from all corners of Aristotelian, it became customary to seek the guidance of the Church leaders on how to deal with such heretics.

Chapter 7: His Death

One day, as Nikolos was traveling to the Marcomanni (Germanic people), he was stopped on the road by a group of highway bandits. Upon seeing that he was an Aristotelian and assuming that he must be carrying great wealth because of it, they robbed him and tied him to a tree. Realizing that he possessed nothing, they used him as a human target to amuse themselves and find an outlet for their frustration. They mocked his religion, accused him of worshiping a donkey, and shot many arrows at him. Each arrow that pierced his body brought laughter from his tormentors.

It was in this way that Nikolos died in the year 50, in a game-filled forest on the outskirts of present-day Moravia. Several days later, I discovered his body. Decay had already begun to set in, so we had to boil his body in water to retrieve the bones, which I carefully placed in a chest made of precious wood. I have carried this chest with me ever since, even to this day, where I have placed it in a small oratory deep within the forest of Semur, in Burgundy, a region that I have evangelized following Nikolos' teachings.

Symbolism

He is commonly associated with a dove holding an olive branch in its mouth.

His most famous phrases

• To a non-believer who annoyed him: "And my buttocks? Have you seen my buttocks? Yet, they exist!"
    • To the rebels of a city: "God speaks through the right to vote - whomever contests the outcome of the fair election result - contests God."
    • To Escartus: "One must exist to think, rather than think to exist."
    • To Episkopos: "Only the leaders of the Church, delegated by divine justice, will know which decision is appropriate to make."

Written by Seneca of Tarsus, disciple of Nikolos.
    Rewritten by Cinead of Twynholm, June 20th 1471.

Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Mar Juin 27, 2023 7:34 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Citation:

The Apostles
    Hagiography of Apostle Helene

Her Arrival into the World

After a stormy night, Demir, a blacksmith, decided to leave Ilios and make his way to Hellespont, following the road along the Aegean Sea. It was fated that he would never reach his destination that day. His gaze had crossed some debris on the beach, and driven by curiosity, he approached to retrieve anything that might hold some value. To his great astonishment and horror, he found a very young child, around 5 years old, unconscious. Concerned by his sudden return, Abbas, his 8-year-old son, and his wife, Aleyna, rushed towards him. Maternal instinct quickly took over, and the child was placed on straw near the fire, wrapped in blankets.

Demir: What are we going to do, Aleyna?

Aleyna was surprised by such a question: What do you mean? Destiny has brought Helen to us, and we will love her as if she were our own child. Besides, isn't this our only chance to have a second child?

Demir, taken aback: Helen!!! A girl!!! What are you saying?

Aleyna handed over a forged pendant to her husband and said to him: Look, it's written here.

When Abbas returned with clothes, the child was introduced to him as his sister. He was surprised but nonetheless delighted to share his life with another companion within their household.

Her Childhood

Abbas and Helene grew up in love, like true brothers and sisters. Their father had decided that his son would take over the family business. Helen, not wanting to be left behind, playfully put herself to work.Her father noticed, thinking she would quickly quit after a day of labor. He had not realized the determination she possessed when she set her mind to something. Furthermore, she proved to be a talented and passionate apprentice. Everything she touched turned into true works of art, much to Abbas' dismay as he felt increasingly excluded from the bond between the father and the daugther in the roles of master and apprentice.

The Break

Helene had just turned 17 when Demir passed away and returned to the Most high. Where he joined his wife who had passed away a year earlier. Despite the young woman's talent, the heir of the workshop could only be Abbas.

The following two years were troublesome for Helene. She was recognized by all and was constantly sought after for her craftsmanship. This provoked jealousy and eventually rage in Abbas. On the day of his marriage, Abbas used that excuse to remove Helene from the household. Claiming that just one woman should be living there. Helene, who was not surprised that this happened and set off on the road in deep sadness and melancholy. Not knowing where to go she defied the dangers of the Road and headed south.

The Encounter with Christos

During her journey Helene did household chores in return for food and a place to sleep before she would continue her journey. To her great dismay, she was met with mockery whenever she approached blacksmiths. Loneliness became her burden, and the absence of friends or family weighed heavily on her. The looks in every village were filled with suspicion, mockery, and malice.

After two years of wandering, she found herself in Judea, and despair led her to the Great Basilica, where she witnessed a peculiar encounter. A man, accompanied by his three companions, entered the Basilica and declared.

Christos: "You, man of little faith, what are you waiting for to tend to the aspirations of believers? Why do you not answer their anxieties?"

The man turned his head towards Helene and a Priest and he continued.

Christos: "Know this: This man represents the vice infiltrated right at the heart of God's temple. He is a reflection of all of you, my friends, who, in your hearts as creatures of God, also know sin. You see, the one who does not lift a finger does not deserve to be king. And you, king of believers, what are you doing? Do you not see your Church crumbling? Do you not hear the cries of souls outside your palace, clamoring for your help?"

Awakened by Christos' voice, the high priest, sparing with his words but not mincing them, stood up and said.

High Priest: "Who does this guy think he is? Seriously, if you're not happy, then just leave, friend! Don't start pissing me off too much! My holy balls can only take so much!"

At these words, Christos turned to his disciples and said.

Christos: "Truly, I tell you; it's better to hear that than to be deaf! This man falls into the excesses denounced by Aristotle, he remains silent most of the time, and when he wakes up, he talks too much; he doesn't know the virtue of temperance or the principle of the golden mean."

Helene was both shocked and intrigued to see a man confront the high priest in this way. Once he left, she followed the small group to learn more. She couldn't take her eyes off this charismatic individual. Christos, walking alongside his companions, said to Titus.

Christos: "Titus, here is some money to buy some bread and fruits. Then, go meet that young woman who has been following us and invite her to join us for dinner."

The surprised Titus replied to Christos while looking around him.

Titus: "Which woman?" Oh...

The Apostole Titus then noticed Helene faced her and continued.

Titus: "Oh, Hello. Have no fear. Please accept this, dear friend. We would be delighted to have you join us tonight to share our meal."

Helene was speechless and surprised, stuttered:

Helene: "I... I..."

Which put a smile on Titus' face when he reassuringly replied to her.

Titus: "Come. Have no fear."

And thus, Hélène found her second family, one that she knew to be loyal and sincere beyond death.

Alongside Christos

Helene thus traveled with Christos and the other apostles to spread the Aristotelian Faith. One day, she found herself surrounded by Roman centurions, and the events that unfolded would forever influence her way of thinking and, above all, contribute to preserving the love of the divine among the faithful.

Christos approached a centurion and addressed him as follows.

Christos: "Truly, I tell you, man of little faith, I will not follow you, but it is you who will follow me!"

Then, the tribune ordered the centurion to seize Jeshua... When he stood before Christos, the centurion looked into his eyes, intensely and for quite a while. Suddenly, he removed his helmet and knelt, embracing the robe of our messiah.

Centurion: "Master, he pleaded, much to the surprise of the tribune, I wish to follow you and be part of this community of the faithful. How should I proceed? I know that I am a sinner and have served a wicked master, but please tell me how to seek forgiveness!"

Christos then lifted him up, and under the astonished gaze of the Romans, he spoke these words.

Christos: "Sinner, I tell you, you have just done the first thing that the faithful should do; show humility and confess their sins. Thus, if your repentance is sincere, God will forgive you."

Christos turned to his apostles and continued.

Christos: "And as for all of you, may the transgressions committed by your flock be forgiven if they come to confess them to your ears and are ready to do penance."

With these words forever engraved in her memory, Helene lived by her master's side until the last supper.

Christos: "Well, dear friend! You seem lost in thought. This is not the day. Your thoughts should not be focused on my death but rather on all the souls you will save."

Helene: :"I don't understand. How can I think of anything else"?

Christos: :"See the good you will do. My death will serve our faithful. Let everyone follow the path I have laid, and the Most High will reward the righteous when He renders His judgment. After my death, go forth, spread the Faith, and take charge of confessing and implementing repentance that will bring forgiveness from the Most High to every believer".

After the death of Christos

Helene headed towards Lydia and then crossed the Aegean Sea together with Paulos. Upon her arrival, she devoted herself to the study of Aristotle and his teachings. Her knowledge on the subject grew day by day to the point that Paulos, who initially assisted her, left her to work alone for the well-being of the faithful. Just before he left her for Alexandria they had the following conversation.

Paulos: "I will be leaving in a few days, dear friend. I have complete confidence in your ability to fulfill the mission entrusted to you by Christos. And I must also fulfill my own. I will stay informed of your progress."

Helene: "Can't you stay a little longer? I still have a question that troubles me. And it is the most important one. Christos speaks of repentance, but can we, humble servants, impose anything in the name of the Most High? And should we always live in fear of the Most High? Can we not reward our faithful for their actions... You see, my doubts assail me endlessly".

Paulos: "It is not about living in fear, but rather having trust in our master. Only we can test His patience. He is merciful, and repentance should be our only concern because we are far from being blameless. You speak of rewards! I have nothing to object to. We all must be guides for our brothers and sisters. And we ourselves must remain attentive to the good in others, thus avoiding falling into ego-centrism. Nothing is useless as long as our actions work for the Faith, friendship, and love towards our neighbor".

Then the apostle immersed herself in her work, and one day, she received two young people who were polar opposites. One, virtuous and generous, came to offer his fortune and life for the good of the Church. The other, a thief with many transgressions, wished to repent for his sins. Helene heard their confessions and pondered on the penance for one and gratitude for the other.

She asked the thief to fast for five days and then embark on a pilgrimage to Jerusalem. As for the second person, she thanked him and went to pray for him. But that was not enough. As Titus became the Pope of the Most Holy Church, she felt the need to propose something.

One morning, after a night filled with dreams and nightmares, she rushed, to the great surprise of her disciples, to a blacksmith and asked if she could use his workshop. She demanded that everyone, without exception, leave and let her work. The artisan, who knew her, accepted without conditions.

Helene spent nights and days working on the revelation she had received. On the seventh day, she asked her most faithful disciple to join her. She urged him to personally deliver the parchment and package to Rome.

Her Teaching

Letter from Helene to Titus a écrit:
    Dear friend,

First and foremost, I want to let you know that I am proud of you. Christos could not have made a better choice. Among all of us, it is you who is entrusted with leading our Holy Church. My trust in you is eternal. I pray every day that the work of the Most High may transcend the centuries and that humanity may live and believe in this universal friendship.
    The young disciple who presents himself to you has my full trust and is to deliver my reflection and a medal to you. This work aims to be a guide for our disciples so that the existence of a merciful Most High may be known to our faithful and believers. Let them come to us for confession, and let us go to them to honor their Faith and deeds.
    Therefore, here is what I propose so that our recent institution can educate these faithful.

Confession will be the act by which a believer who has committed a transgression can seek forgiveness. God is aware that humans are not perfect, otherwise they would be God themselves. However, God recognizes that a soul that takes responsibility through sincere and profound confession is a pure soul. That being said, to secure divine forgiveness, the offender may need to perform an act of penance. All priests will be able to receive confessions and must not reveal their contents under penalty of defrocking. Parish priests should also encourage their parishioners to confess inwardly to the Most High before each Mass.

Penance will be the status voluntarily adopted by the sinner who has confessed to ensure divine forgiveness. Acts such as fasting, pilgrimage, or charity should help the penitent submit to the mercy of the Most Merciful.

Fasting will be the act by which the penitent or the ordinary faithful abstains from food or limits themselves to a basic meal for a certain period, thus placing themselves on the level of the weakest, and becoming aware of the human misery that the Church combats. Fasting draws its origins from Christos' meditation in the desert.

Charity will be the virtuous act that all Aristotelian must practice. This entails helping their Aristotelian brothers and sisters on the path of virtue.

Pilgrimage will involve traversing the realms to become aware of creation. In addition to being a strong testament of faith, pilgrimage allows contact with other Aristotelian brothers and sisters, thus providing assistance to them.

Holiness should be the status to which all Aristotelian should aspire. Some faithful have achieved this status through their nearly immaculate adherence to Aristotelian principles. These saints still possess the power to influence certain aspects of creation, so it is important to consider and praise them. In order for Our Church to reward these faithful, I present to you what my art and faith have commanded me to produce. This Aristotle's medal should be the ultimate reward for the servants of the Most High.

Helene

Her End and Elevation to the Rank of Martyr

The rumor among the pagans spread that a woman named Helene had crafted a jewelry piece of rare beauty, adorned with gold and gemstones. This untrue statement would ultimately lead to the apostle's downfall. One evening as she was heading home, Helene was approached aggressively by brigands who dragged her to her house. They demanded that she'd give them what they had come for. Frustrated and angered by Helene's constant insistence that there was no material treasure here, the leader of the brigands struck her with a knife, ending a life devoted to Aristotle.

Alerted by the noises, the disciples of the apostle were unable to catch the fleeing brigands. Her lifeless body was surrounded by dismay, incomprehension, sadness, and solitude...

The news spread throughout the city. Outraged by such behavior, everyone came to pay their final respects to Helene. On that same day, five thieves met their demise under mysterious circumstances. The first one, engaged in his affairs, fell from the docks and drowned. The second, upon returning home, collided with a beam and succumbed to his injuries. The third, walking down the street, witnessed a man falling from a ladder and crashing onto him. The impact proved to be fatal. The fourth, running to escape an angry mob after one of their own had been robbed, stumbled and impaled himself on his own knife. Finally, the youngest thief, overwhelmed by remorse, attended Helene's funeral. Once by her side, he died with a tear on his cheek, struck by a heart attack. One of the disciples recognized him, and the crowd, witnessing an 18-year-old man collapsing in such a manner, knelt down, seeing it as a divine sign. It was quickly said that the Most High had punished such an outrage in this manner. Helene became a martyr of the faith. Everyone came to pay their respects at her tomb and pray to the Most High.

Helene became renowned as an exemplary figure throughout Greece. Her virtue and faith inspired many new disciples and believers who aspired to live according to virtue and preached against the nameless beast at all times.

Upon learning of his sister's death, Titus mourned at the star she had crafted with so much faith and made the decision that Aristotle's medal, in Helene's image, would be the reward given for a life led in virtue and faith.

Her Relic

Aristotle's medal.

Translated by Archbishop Dariush, translation into English by Monseigneur Caillen Jolieen MacKinnon Rose.
    Rewritten by Cinead of Twynholm, June 27th 1471.

Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Mar Juin 27, 2023 7:35 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Citation:

The Apostles
    Hagiography of Apostle Ophelia

Chapter 1: Birth

Ophelia came into the world in a small hamlet in Judea around eight years before Christos. Her father, Caius Bonux, a former Roman legionnaire, had obtained a property at the end of his service, providing his wife, Samantha Lathete, and their daughter a relatively comfortable life. The arrival of her sister and brother did not disrupt this fragile balance. On the contrary, it allowed her to be a generous and loving child, justifying the meaning of her name, "the one who is useful."

Chapter 2: Childhood

Ophelia grew up under the watchful and protective gaze of her mother but was, however, prevented from receiving formal education. Within the household, the young child had to fulfill the role assigned to her by her embittered father, drowning his dreams of grandeur in alcohol. Her main tasks consisted of knitting, weaving tapestries, and tending to household chores to maintain the home.

Chapter 3: From Parental Guardianship to Responsibilities

At the age of thirteen, Ophelia's father informed her that she was now promised to an heir of wealthy merchants and family friends. At the age of twenty, he was destined to serve in the legion. The fear of not leaving an heir had precipitated this choice.

Thus, the worldview that Ophelia had constructed completely changed...

Ophelia addressing the gods: "So it is, life is not just sweetness and tranquility. Choices are imposed upon us, and we cannot escape them. Will you remain powerless in the face of my plea? Must I show fatalism and accept without complaint"?

On several occasions, Ophelia met her future husband. Resigned, fatalistic... the young girl agreed to be good company and respect the wishes of her elders. She found him unattractive, arrogant, but highly intelligent. The marriage would proceed. The ceremony was conducted by pagan priests, and numerous sacrifices were made for the omens. Their predictions foretold a happy and enduring marriage.

Two months after the wedding, just before leaving to fight Rome's enemies, her husband inherited his father's wealth. However, during his first skirmish, he was killed. And thus, Ophelia found herself in possession of a beautiful and large estate, with several slaves and a steward to manage her assets.

Chapter 4: Encounter with Christos

Being well provided for, she decided to work for her community. Her acts of generosity left little doubt about her motivations. To the poor, she offered money and food. To travelers, she provided the hospitality of her home. Unfortunately, she remained unsatisfied. The trust she had placed in the priests had disappeared. The undistributed donations, the lies, and the unnecessary sacrifices to the gods filled her with despair for the local clergy. Her faith was gradually fading away.

This situation would have continued if not for the encounter that would change her life. One day, while she was on her way to the town market, her convoy was stopped by a crowd. Surprised by the situation, she asked one of her slaves to go and see what was happening.

Ophelia: Fed, what is happening?
      Slave : It's an agitator who is hindering the priests in their attempt to perform a sacrifice.

Ophelia, wondering who would dare to confront the pagan priests, jumped out of her sedan chair and went closer to witness the confrontation. On the scene, she immediately recognized Christos based on the description she had been given. He seemed so simple, so humble... and yet an energy and power emanated from his body. She was struck with respect and thought that only God could have sent him to Earth to free them from the paganism she increasingly abhorred. And instinctively, she intervened when the pagan priest attempted to strike Christos. Through this act, Ophelia chose her path and decided to leave everything behind.

At twilight, Christos addressed Ophelia and said the following.

Christos: "My daughter, I know that you have left behind many things to join me, and tonight, your home will be hostile, your slaves will flee from you, and your family will disown you. But know that I will love you like a brother loves his sister, and together we will follow the path that God has laid out for us."

Chapter 5: The Aftermath

Ophelia gave away all her possessions to the Aristotelian community in Jerusalem to aid the poor and the orphans.

Years later, the apostle would explain to his followers:

Ophelia: "We were twelve, women and men who defended him, and we joined him as disciples and companions."

Ophelia: "Christos, the prophet, taught us divine love and friendship. He taught us the teachings of Aristotle and virtue. And every day we spent with him, the actions he performed, the things he showed us, and his words were filled with wisdom and friendship."

One day, during their journey, everyone was asleep except for Christos, who had stepped out of the shelter and sat on a large rock. Unable to sleep, she had the same idea as him and joined him. For the next hour, they exchanged few words as silence and meditation prevailed. The following is what was said.

Ophelia: I couldn't fall asleep, my past and my family are drifting away. I feel strange, both abandoned and loved and guided at the same time.

Christos: My daughter, life is like that, and we all have to make choices and follow our hearts. Know that God is there and will guide your steps as long as you love Him.

Ophelia: But what will become of me when the world changes, when we are no longer together, all twelve of us and you? I'm afraid that will happen.

Christos: Things on Earth are meant to change, but our souls do not die. One day I will die, and so will you, but that won't stop us from loving God, and we will all be reunited in paradise if God deems us worthy.

Ophelia: I cannot see that future, it's so difficult. I know how to talk to people, but friendship is hard for me.

Christos: Then, my daughter, you will be able to convince and impart the teachings of Aristotle to people. You will awaken in them the love of God. Friendship is difficult, but it is inherent in each of us. One day, when you have lived, you will surrender yourself to friendship and cherish it in the love of your brothers.

Ophelia didn't know what else to say, she understood. Neither she nor Christos spoke any further that evening.

One day, as it was destined to happen, Christos was no more. Finding herself alone, she decided to spread Christos' message throughout the eastern part of the Roman Empire. For approximately twenty-five years, she traveled on foot to the future city of Byzantium, the future queen of the East. Along the way, she stopped in every village or town and stayed until a community of believers was established. Upon reaching the end of her long journey across the East, she settled in Byzantium with her companions who had decided to accompany her.

However, a few days after her arrival, the prefect became aware of her presence in the city, and guards were sent to arrest her. Just as Christos did years before, she managed to convince the guards. They became the first Aristotelian faithful in the city. This situation lasted for seven long years. In the face of the prefect's obstinacy, Ophelia responded with preaching and conversion. However, at the end of the seventh year, seeing that the number of Aristotelians would surpass that of the pagans in the city, the prefect decided to send a letter to the Roman emperor to inform him of the situation. The emperor at the time was none other than the infamous Nero, who hated Aristotelians more than anyone. He sent his imperial guard, specialized in capturing and massacring the followers of Christos.

Arriving in Byzantium by sea, the soldiers immediately went to Ophelia's residence without informing the prefect to arrest her. Faced with the most wicked and pagan individuals imaginable, Ophelia was powerless, and she was assassinated in her home. Her closest followers were crucified on the same day at the entrance of the city.

The prefect learned of this barbaric act and spent days and days locked in his office, consumed by remorse and shame. The imperial guard returned to Rome, and the prefect, with a changed heart and mind, decided to repent and convert to the Aristotelian Faith. He became one of the first Aristotelian politicians, although he had to conceal his Aristotelian faith until Nero's death.

New emperor, new beliefs. The prefect was able to actively develop the Aristotelian community in Byzantium without interference from the emperor. Ophelia was honored in Byzantium and considered one of the city's great figures.

Chapter 6: Her Teachings

Ophelia was the embodiment of patience. During her travels, she was not afraid to stay in a city for a long time to teach Christos' message. She taught this message in a profound way because whenever she established a community, she created a well-thought-out hierarchy and left them in writing the teachings she had received from Christos.

She also demonstrated that Aristotelian faith was the strongest. She had managed to convince the pagans through simple yet essential arguments that they were mistaken and that God was love, not some sort of puppet copulating with everyone, as the main god of the pagans was portrayed.

One day, a young pagan man came to meet Ophelia. He wished to discuss with her and argue in favor of his faith in Jupiter and the other pagan gods. Ophelia, who was humility and patience personified, agreed to listen to him.

Young pagan: "You claim to be a messenger of your God and His prophets, and you claim that your God is only love. Explain to me why your God would be stronger? Explain to me why He would be alone? Everyone knows that there are many gods."

Ophelia: "God loves us all because we are His children. What you believe to be your gods is nothing but a misinterpretation by humans. How could so many power-hungry beings accept living together? Wouldn't they all kill each other so that only one remained? And wouldn't the victor, in rage, destroy all the creations of their enemies? We would all be dead by now. God can only be one and strong. However, we are His children, and it is in this that a paternal love exists between humans and Him."

Young pagan: "Yes, but if He loves us as you say, why do we die? Why are there people who die unjustly?"

Ophelia: "There may seem to be unjust deaths, but know that God is not here to make you immortal on Earth. He has chosen to let humans live their own lives. However, never forget that God will never abandon you because you are His child, and on the day of your death, God will judge you based on whether you have been virtuous or not during your life. And then, you will be reborn in Paradise or Hell."

Ophelia was what Christos had predicted, a woman with such conviction that even animals would listen to her and be captivated by her words.

Ophelia: "My brothers, do you not see love? Do you not see that God loves you? That God has given you life? That He is our father? If I doubted, I would not be here. If you doubted, you would not be here. Let us all hold hands, my sisters and brothers, and pray, and laugh, and make our lives a message of love and glory to our Lord and Father."

Ophelia was the embodiment of perseverance in the love of God. She remained faithful to what she believed until her death, and it is said that her last words were, "Kill me, but when you are in your homes, soldiers, you will know that you were wrong and that Christos was right."

Rumors even suggested that these same soldiers confessed their regrets before the faithful Aristotelian of Rome a few years later. In fact, one of these soldiers was canonized by the early Aristotelian for the good deeds he performed for his redemption and to obtain God's forgiveness.

Her legacy, even to this day, is remembered for the entire organization of the Aristotelian Church in the Holy Land, where the apostle spent her life. The established dioceses managed to survive despite barbarian attacks and centuries. The built communities of believers became the origins of new cities and Aristotelian strongholds.

Translated by the brothers Nainainus and Dariush., translation into English by Monseigneur Caillen Jolieen MacKinnon Rose.
    Rewritten by Cinead of Twynholm, June 27th 1471.

Cardinal
Cardinal

MessagePosté le: Mar Juin 27, 2023 7:35 pm    Sujet du message: Répondre en citant

Citation:

The Apostles
    Hagiography of Apostle Thanos

Chapter 1: The Childhood of Thanos

Thanos was one of the many children of a Mediterranean family, just like the ones seen in the first century between Akko (Acre, renamed Ptolemais in our time) and Tyre.

Isolated on a vast, hot, and bushy estate, relatively far from the Mare Internum (Mediterranean Sea), the family passionately cultivated figs, olives, and some cereals. The goats, their milk, and the cheeses they produced in the shade of caves dug with difficulty in this often arid place completed their production. While abundance was not guaranteed every year, the family never experienced hunger or thirst.

A very ancient well, rarely dried up, provided water for the animals and the people.

The peculiarity of this dwelling lay in its dovecote, an unusual feature in this area. The father appreciated that his five eldest children, while tending the herds in the nearby hills, would not be isolated in case of trouble: they would take one of the pigeons with them every morning. These birds were of the finest breed, loyal and diligent. It was a wealthy merchant from Tyre who had gifted two pairs of them the year he accidentally dropped his valuable cargo into a crevice, and the family had helped him recover almost everything. This event happened shortly after Thanos' birth, so he had always known them.

Their humble house was surrounded by Judean trees, and under this benevolent shade, little Thanos was born in the seventh year. He was the youngest of a seven-boy sibling group.

Love and work were the only masters of this simple family, who gathered together at every sunrise and sunset sent by the Most High. These peasants loved the Earth with the efficient simplicity of gatherers and breeders.

The mother, Ayala, had the fortune of learning to read when she was a child because she was raised near the Romans. She insisted on sharing this wonderful knowledge with her husband, Gamliel (whose name means "God has been generous with me"), and subsequently with all her children as soon as their attention allowed. Only one of them could never decipher the written word—the second youngest—because he was different. He constantly observed his surroundings without truly understanding them, and his young brother Thanos was tasked with assisting him as soon as he developed the capacity for reflection, which came early.

Thus, when Ayala baked loaves of wheat or barley in the family oven every week, she could smile contentedly, seeing her two youngest sons peacefully sitting together in the shade of the olive trees. One would patiently help the other dress or wash, or play a soft melody on a bamboo flute that enchanted the Simpleton. The Simpleton was barely a year older than Thanos but seemed much younger. One was robust and well-built, the other thin and slightly deformed. Thanos also taught him how to weave baskets, which he managed to do, albeit laboriously. All the family's fruits found a place in the baskets of Thanos and his brother Guechem (which means "rain" in Hebrew, a blessing in Thanos' arid region).

Thanos would spend hours with this brother who had been disadvantaged by a difficult birth, which likely deprived him of breath for some time after being born. Perhaps this prepared Thanos for his future life, made him attentive to the most innocent, the most helpful to the most deprived by nature in the area, taught him the slowness of certain beings, and convinced him that the right to be different had to exist. But for now, Thanos laughed heartily with his brother Guechem, for the ways of the Most High are inscrutable.

Chapter 2: The Wanderer

What set Thanos apart from his older siblings was his ability to discern the profound messages occasionally conveyed in the writings of the Prophet Aristotle, which the entire family fervently followed in the neighboring village every Sunday. However, he often felt like a wandering vagabond amidst these writings. Nonetheless, he sensed the power and relevance of the words.

The bond between the two children lasted for a long time but not indefinitely. One night, Guéchem did not wake up, and the pain gripped Thanos so strongly that he spent three days reflecting in isolation in a corner of the goat pen after the burial. The funeral ritual did not count his tears. However, life was so difficult and unrelenting during that time that no one could halt their customary labor. The family quickly resumed caring for the animals, the trees, and the small vine that joyfully ran along one of the walls of their dwelling, forming a trellis.

It was not indifference but rather a vital necessity. Life always has more demands than death. Only Thanos remained frozen, sadly holding Gioseh's unfinished little basket in his hands. Wisely, his parents, also afflicted by the loss of their innocent son, let him be, ensuring, however, that he ate and drank a little.

"Mother!" he finally said, emerging from his lethargy on the fourth morning, his face pale from the pain of mourning. "Mother, would you and Father allow me to travel? Some friends are taking a herd of goats and a few sheep beyond the village to the grand market of the city."

Before the devastated mother could refuse, not wanting to be separated from another one of her children, Gamliel, the father, arrived and said, "Come, my wife, the grief needs to settle. Thanos cannot live happily where his brother is absent, like all of us, but for him, it must be even more painful. Let him go, Ayama, and prepare a small bundle of cheese, bread, figs, and olives for him."

Turning to his now youngest of six sons, he continued, "Take a goatskin gourd, Thanos, and fill it with the pure water from our well. I give you my waterproof coat; it will serve as your blanket on cool nights, and take care of these three pigeons. If anything exceptional happens to you, send them back to us. Remember to talk to them every day to make them happy."

He handed his son a cage in which three of his father's favorite birds would now live. Gamliel added, in front of the solemnly gathered siblings, "Taste this delicious and sticky gold, but don't become attached to it." He made him eat a spoonful of that wild and rustic honey occasionally found in the hills.

"And drink this blood that strengthens and quenches, but do not become intoxicated," he added, making him take a sip of that bitter and dark wine that exuded the Mediterranean terroir and spices.

"And savor what nourished you when you were a helpless child dressed in swaddling clothes, but open yourself to other nourishments and grow," he offered him a bowl of milk, white and creamy.

After warm and circumstantial looks and embraces, he announced as a final farewell, "Let each one do what they must do now."

Thus blessed by the patriarch of the family, Thanos cut a thick olive branch as his staff and departed, casting a final glance at the sweetness of childhood. He picked up a boxwood branch nearby, which would forever remind him of his place of origin. He had a fleeting and undeniable premonition that he would never return. He felt that somewhere his destiny was seeking him. He would wander before finding it. He had just turned 17.

Chapter 3: His Encounter with Christos: Exerpt from the Hagiography of Christos. The Life of Christos, Chapter VIII. Memories of Samoth, recounted in 87 AD Christos, by Trufaldini.

"Ah, I would always remember that day, my friends. After we left the Basilica, we found ourselves face to face with a group of idlers who declaimed heavily against each other. We tried to stop Christos, but he did not hear us and approached this bickering group.

He readily understood the cause of the conflict before him: a sheep was lost, terrorized by the shouts coming from all sides. On his left were followers of the pagan religions, their priest at their head, holding a long knife in his hand. On the other side were some who were disappointed with paganism and who, a little less deviated from the precepts of Aristotle than the former, had gathered to denounce the barbaric sacrifice that was being prepared in honor of the false gods. Each side roared vehemently against the other.

Then Christos calmly called out to the terrified animal, which obediently advanced toward him. Christos petted it and then sent it away. The sheep then left. But the pagan priest was furious with Christos and advanced toward him, knife raised. It was then that we interposed Titus, Paulos and myself, soon joined by nine others of those disappointed in paganism who had gathered on the right. But Christos stepped forward and faced the priest. The latter then met the gaze of God's blessed one, turned away from him and left without saying a word, the crowd of infidels following timidly behind him.

Then we twelve, who wanted to defend Christos, amazed by what had just happened, turned to this great and mysterious man. One of us, a man I did not yet know, but whose name was Thanos, said to him, "But who are you, you who soothes the lamb and whose delicacy drives away pagan infamy?"

Then Christos answered, "My name is Christos, son of Joseph and Mary. People who know me say that I am the messiah, because I love God and I love my fellow men."

And we exclaimed, "Indeed, none of us doubt this fact. We thank the Most High for sending us you, that His word may enlighten our lives and that Aristotle's prophecy may be fulfilled."

And Christos finally replied, "Truly, it is very sad that so many of God's children turn away from His love. They need someone to guide them so that the mistakes of the past can be erased. Do you want to follow me so that I can make you apostles of God's word?"

I looked at the nine who did not yet know Christos, who looked like a group divided between joy and anguish."

"And they asked the Messiah what it was necessary to do to join him. And we, their friends, listened and agreed with Christos. As of now, we had twelve to follow him."

"The six women were named Adonia, Calandra, Hélène, Kyrène, Ophelia, and Uriana. The six men were named Daju, Nikolos, Paulos, Samoht, Thanos, and Titus."

"You shall spread the good news to all nations, assisting Titus in establishing my Church."

"So, my apostles, my clergy, it is up to you to follow the path I have laid out for you, to baptize those who wish to enter the community of God's faithful, to ordain as priests those who wish to dedicate themselves entirely to the love of God, to listen to the confessions of those who wish to be cleansed of their sins, to punish those who prove unworthy of God's love, and to preach at least every Sunday, so that the will of the Most High may be fulfilled."

Chapter 4: The Apprentice

During the following years, Thanos followed Christos and his Brothers and Sisters, listened, observed, and thus learned. While he knew the Doctrine and Aristotle, he integrated their power through the actions and words of Christos.

If he had always unconsciously felt the love of brotherhood, filial and parental love, the love for well-done work, the contemplative love for the Creations of the Most High, and the love for the Doctrine, he added one more love, the love for Christos. And the more he knew Him, the more he perceived the justice, goodness, high spirituality, intelligence, and firm sensitivity of their Master.

Master in all that the word implies of grandeur, professorship, and benevolence.

This time he was conscious of what he was receiving, and he thanked the Most High through prayer and example. Thanos' spirit opened up a little more each day to the teachings of Christos and the fraternal friendship of the other Apostles.

His soul was forged like a sword blade that becomes radiant after the various stages that subject its material to strength and beauty, shaping its form and brilliance.

Chapter 5: The First Dove

But no one attains perfection among human beings.
    ...In those times, Christos and the Apostles were all serene - the purplish and golden flames of the sunset still illuminated a youthful night.
    On the Mediterranean shore, they formed a circle where the center did not rival the Solar Star, but peacefully gilded a lamb wrapped in fennel, which was abundant in that region. Being united for a common meal did not hinder discussions, and each evening a campfire kept them awake for a while. Sometimes other travelers would join them. This had been made possible by the undisputed precursor of travel campfires, a certain Macgroar.

They had left behind the noise and bustle of Laodiceia (Laodicea, Latakia, Lattaquié, or Latakia), that ancient Seleucid city, then Roman, now Judean, whose splendor and wealth delighted the hearts of its inhabitants.
    On the gently sloping hillsides that surrounded it and far to the east, the cultivated vineyards enriched the city's economy, and its magnificent and beautifully constructed port served numerous other important cities and islands.
    The rich merchants were weighed down by gold and precious ornaments, displaying their sumptuous garments of silk, soft as a caress, or linen dyed in vivid and warm colors.
    The houses were solidly built and beautiful, and the animals mostly had a plump or bloated appearance rarely seen in our Western sheepfolds or stables.
    On the stalls of the shops, the nets of fishermen and the baskets of gatherers overflowed with excellent fish and splendid fruits and vegetables. Hemp bags were filled with rare and fragrant spices.
    Nevertheless, poverty still existed. It simply hid itself outside the city.

Thanos: "Look, Christos, how happy people seem in this city! Except, of course, for that poor slave whose ladder literally exploded in his hands! How his owner ranted!"

They all burst into laughter at this evocation, for the plump and furious man had made a ridiculous and comical display and was not to be pitied: he had immediately been able to buy another ladder! After a few moments, Christos, his emaciated face serious again, replied.

Christos: "Look, Thanos, how those who live on the outskirts are sad and destitute!"

Thanos: "I don't know why they don't ask for help when I see all the gold coins that the merchants offered me without me asking for anything!"

Christos: "They gave you that purse full of coins because they wanted to hear our story and news from distant horizons during their meal. They bought you with those gold coins, which mean nothing to them. They wanted to be entertained, not to reflect on a sermon. But... Were you not thirsty after speaking for so many hours to satisfy them... Did they offer you something to drink?"

Christos smiled... Thanos sighed, realizing a little too late. He still held within him the naivety of extreme youth...

Thanos:"... No... They threw me that purse at the end of their meal and ordered me to leave."

Christos: "And you came to join me to hear my sermon, which I proclaimed not far from the entrance of the city, near the hovels of the unemployed or the sick."

Thanos:"That's true, I even noticed that they were more inclined to listen to your sermon than the others who were busy with their affairs. And they offered me water from their poor jars."

Christos: "You see, when gold is abundant, we are not certain of possessing it. It is rather the gold that possesses us."

And Thanos remembered the first words his father Gamliel had whispered to him at his departure. "Taste this delicious and sticky gold, but do not become attached to it." Christos smiled at him, and Thanos was certain that He knew exactly what he remembered at that precise moment.

Christos: "The cage you are carrying with care will weigh on you for a long time, for your three messenger birds will live happily until they reach their native dovecote. So it shall be."

And Christos helped himself to another slice of lamb without further ado.

Without saying anything, Thanos stood up and chose one of the three pigeons, gently plucking a rectrix feather to inscribe the following words on a tiny papyrus:

"Father, mother, my brothers. I have now found my destiny: his name is Christos. I have tried gold, liked it, and then disconnected myself from it.
      - Thanos"

The freed animal immediately flew back to its home. The next day, Thanos discreetly placed a gold coin in the palms of the beggars who had given him water to drink. He kept the feather.

Chapter 6: The Craftsman

Thanos continued, like his companions, to follow the teachings that Christos imparted daily through the exchange of examples, actions, and words.
    During his preaching, Christos and his apostles traveled to Galilee, Judea, Samaria, and Phoenicia. They journeyed along the banks of the Jordan River to the Dead Sea and the shores of Antioch. They even caught a glimpse of Mount Sinai in the distance...

They passed through many cities, always preaching: Capernaum, Tiberias, Gennesaret, Sychar, Magdala, Caesarea Philippi, ascending Mount Tabor, and returning to Nazareth... And Christos always began his sermon like this:

Christos: "I am Christos of Nazareth, the Messiah, leader and mirror of divinity, inhabited by God. The prophet Aristoteles foretold my coming so that I may show you the way to live in the love of the Most High."

And many approached, many listened, and many learned...

Finally, they arrived in Jerusalem, and Christos' journey came to an end there, as he was condemned under inhumane conditions, as intended by the Most High. Throughout this entire journey, Thanos, like the other apostles, had listened, followed, and learned.

Their bodies had become strong and agile, and in their minds, spirituality, history, and divine messages had already been inscribed. Through the will of the Most High and Christos, they had been slowly but relentlessly transformed, soon to be changed for the benefit of humanity, as they were to embark on a simple yet demanding shared mission with anyone who wished to participate.

They would become the future craftsmen of the Church, "Unified, Holy, Aristotelian, and Apostolic."

Chapter 7: The Second Dove

Tired!
    No one can go back to the past, which has shaped the great people of the Creator into what they are today...
    The much-desired human-specific Free Will often leads them or at least draws them into the inextricable paths of misfortune.
    The atrocities committed in the name of personal and bestial values, carried out without connection by the Nameless One, can be summed up in a single sentence:
      Christos was sentenced, tortured, and then crucified until his death followed.

Throughout the time of his martyrdom and suffering, he remained steadfast in his trust in his Father and endured everything he had to endure with strength, intelligence, and charisma: he prayed. His reputation continued to grow. His face illuminated and radiated pure gold for the many people who supported him with their faith and connection to the Holy Word.

The Life of Christos, Chapter XVI, Memoirs of Samoth, narrated in the year 87 after Christos, by Trufaldini.

"Christos was nailed to a large wooden cross, which was then hoisted onto the hill. And Christos found himself up there, dominating other people... Like a lamb, he had been sacrificed on the altar of the established order because he challenged the society of the time and its false values."

Like the other apostles, Thanos was devastated... He distanced himself from the place of torment. Weeping from the depths of his soul, disoriented and no longer bearable, he followed an admirer of Boulasse and drowned his sorrows in despair. The heavens unleashed lightning and thunder upon the pagans.

The Life of Christos, Chapter XVI. Memoirs of Samoth, narrated in the year 87 after Christos, by Trufaldini.

"...But after a while, nature calmed down, the rain stopped, the lightning ceased, the rumbling of thunder silenced, and the clouds drifted away, overwhelmed by the growing beam of light that now flooded the hill.

At that moment, we saw a cloud of celestial angels appear in this benevolent halo. Gracefully descending from heaven, they flew over the eminence. They took the body of the Messiah, the leader and mirror of divinity, and raised him to the heavens, bringing him to the throne of God."

Hagiography of the Apostle Titus. Translated by the brothers Maisse Arsouye, Nsaymar, and Pons d'Agoult.

"Soon, the apostles went their separate ways. Each chose a path, a specific way to serve Christos and his message. Just before parting, Titus gave each apostle a ring with a violet stone, a ruby, as a memento of their friendship and mission. Dajus' ring was passed on to Anaclet, a young man who had befriended Titus and Samoht."

... Thanos, drunk and overwhelmed by too much wine, deeply depressed by a sorrow deeper than an artesian well in Tyria, finally found hope and courage in the early morning of the third day. A sudden nausea literally robbed him of the wine that had prevented him from moving for three days. Trembling and weeping, he managed to rise, finally standing upright. His soul, too, had risen again. A ruby on his finger shimmered as brightly as the blood shed for the glory of the Most High.

And Thanos remembered the second of the sentences whispered to him by his father Gamliel as he departed. "Drink this concoction that strengthens and quenches thirst, but do not let it intoxicate you." He took his second dove, from which he carefully plucked a feather of remembrance to inscribe the following words on a tiny papyrus:

"Father, mother, my brothers, I again recognize my destiny. It is called love, faith, pilgrimage and prayer. I have tasted the wine, I love it, and I am free of it. I keep the ruby color on my finger.
      - Thanos."

The freed bird immediately flew back to its original position.

Not without remembering a situation he had already experienced when he left his small birthplace, he embraced his companions one last time and set off towards the Mare Internum (Mediterranean), beyond the familiar borders. He was twenty-seven years old. He kept the feather.

Chapter 8: The Scholar

Daily life became lonelier, but he did not allow himself to become lazy, for Thanos fervently preached the Good Word along his journey along the sea, and the memory of Christos and his former companions supported him.
    Then, after several months, he arrived at the port city of Byblos in the land of Canaan.

A crowd was stirring in what seemed to be a joyous commotion, but everything was well organized: the harbors were huge, because the boats were built there.
    Many people came from the surrounding area to help with the carpentry, the weaving of the large sails, the various masonry jobs. The foremen of the shipyards put things in order.
    The city, among other things, exported its precious wood (cedar of Lebanon) and its finely worked textiles, some shells from the surroundings also allowed the production of pigments, very valuable on any occasion. Biblos was dynamic and wealthy.

Thanos therefore decided to set aside some money to meet his new educational needs. He had become strong over time, used his intelligence for sermons, and by virtue of feeding on milk and fruit he had developed a good appearance. Thus, he was quickly hired every day, for substantial wages.
    Before embarking on a long journey, he enrolled in the local university in order to take some courses in astronomy, this very old discipline had some growth and new developments.

Things that would one day be useful to him. He made good progress in his writing, and made provisions for small ones. This too would one day be useful...

He finally set out, and his stops were numerous, interspersed by thunderstorms or good weather, sun or wind.
    He passed through the islands of Cyprus and Rhodes, with a stop at Xanthos. Then another ship took him to Crete from the Peloponnese (Crete), and then between Sicily and Hesperia (Italy), and finally reached the Tyrrhenian Sea, heading for the island of Elba.
    Throughout the voyage, Thanos preached for an hour every evening, weather permitting, and many sailors passed on what they had learned during those long months at sea when they returned home.
    The taverns had fewer drunken men, and more believers.
    But there was still much debate.

Thanos spent the rest of her time writing in her scrolls, organized into books, her sermon scripts, her sermons and homilies, her past life with Christos and the apostles, and adding her icons and miniatures. She kept this journal with care and tenacity.

He was loved by the crew, and thanks to his knowledge in astronomy, he gave excellent service by following the stars. He was deeply respected by all. The Divine Word sailed through the waters, and the bubbling waves sent him to remote populations.

But a shipwreck changed the course of his destiny when he sailed to Gaul, while sailing on the Ligurian Sea, where most days were calm and sunny.
    He was almost forty years old.

Chapter 9: The Third Dove

That night, thick clouds covered the stormy sky, making it difficult to read. Even Thanos couldn't decipher its meaning to navigate the ship properly. The ship was dangerously rocked by sharp rocks and was swiftly carried by a wave to a small protruding island that was not marked on the map. Lying on its side, like a slain and torn bull, the ship was irreparably disemboweled on a cold and rain-soaked shore. The survivors of the crew and Thanos, however, rose up and thanked the Most High for saving their lives...

The next day, under a milder sky, though still windy, they explored the small island. They had shipwrecked on the Island of Seagulls, as the inhabitants later explained to them. (Gallinara is a small islet located near the coast of Liguria, in the Ponente River, opposite the city of Albenga). In fact, these large birds had built their nests there in great numbers, their droppings were used for fires, and their eggs were enjoyed. There was only one village in that place, and the inhabitants welcomed them, took care of them, and served them milk, fish, bread, and juicy dark fruits, which they carefully preserved in pots they made themselves. The food was not very varied, as the people in the region had very little. The island was so small that they were poor in grains, and it was surrounded by large sharp rocks, so no boat risked docking there.

The islanders, numbering about twenty people of various ages, did not know Christos, and their paganism was evident: they worshiped a goat idol, an animal that provided them with milk, cheese, skins, and glue. The statue was near the only spring in the area and was made of clay. They were innocent and friendly, calm and smiling, a little curious and extremely kind. Life flowed over them like sour cream slowly sliding down a barley cake. Thanos had no difficulty enriching them with the Dogma, nor in making them live the reality of Aristotelian Faith.

Several years passed, and some of Thanos's companions became desperate to set sail again for larger and more populated shores. But most of them, including Thanos, were inevitably integrated into the sweetness of daily life, succumbing to the infinite tranquility of the seasons and the unusual leniency of the inhabitants... He preached every day, and his faith did not waver. He also adapted some rituals to the local customs and the passivity of the people. He introduced a weekly worship that proved more effective than the consequences of a quick transition of the people from their former idol, which was buried after some time in the depths of the sea.

Between the extreme gentleness of the villagers and the unsurprising routine of the seasons, Thanos sank into a calm but fixed destiny. He took pleasure in it, but an immeasurable lack gnawed at him from within because he was not renewed. He only had amiable people and identical days ahead of him. His life was painless but not very colorful: he always conveyed the Word of the Most High in the same place, to the same people, which was not contrary to the teaching Christos had given the apostles but incomplete.

It was during a terrible storm, the second in fact that had assailed the island in fifteen years, that Thanos emerged from his state of intellectual torpor. The elements were in fury, the wind howled, the rain struck the land with force, and the storm raged as much as during his shipwreck. A ray of light passed through the thunderous night sky, and the light entered him.

The next day, he had a large cross built with the remaining beams of the sunken ship and had it planted on the highest hill of the island. From afar, the Aristotelian religion was announced and signaled human presence to passing ships. Finally, they would find the motivation and path to depart.

After a few tides passed, Thanos set sail for Gaul, and the island would never be isolated again. The villagers traded quality amphorae honestly, as they knew the secret to cooking clay in the best possible way.

And Thanos remembered the third sentence his father Gamaliel had whispered to him on his departure: "I will give you something that nourished you while you were a baby dressed in diapers, which I prepared for you along with other food and made you grow."

He took his last dove, from which he gently plucked a wing feather to write the following words on a small papyrus:

"Father, mother, my brothers, I will always know my destiny. He is called the Aristotelian Church. I tasted the milk and said goodbye to him.
      - Thanos"

The released animal immediately flew back to its original location. Thanos had no means left to communicate his spiritual and physical growth to his distant family...

He was approaching his 56th year and thought that his parents probably had already departed to join his brother Guéchèm. So, he kept the feather.

Chapter 10: The Death of Thanos

The Old, the Wise, the Good Apostle Thanos lived for so long that his beard, after five years or more, was the color of snow and fell to the center of his chest. His hair was thinning, but his erudition, balance, and charisma far exceeded what one could expect from his life.

He was almost blind, but he could still distinguish the sunlight as he offered its fiery rays to the earth. On the eve of his departure to the Sun, he still preached for the love of Christos and the Most High, and always successfully propagated Aristotelian faith and friendship.

In contact with him, paganism had receded for many seasons in his adopted region, and atheism had been reduced to nothing. However, every day he brought a new number of pilgrims, small thieves, visitors, and wanderers.

Shortly before his final breath, he serenely closed his third book. The young deacon sent to assist him in these last moments kept it as he had asked him a few days before. In each of the books, a dove feather served as a bookmark.

The young deacon, whose name was not recorded in history, attached a portrait drawn by himself. Although the pigments have faded over time, the particularly well-preserved portrait of the apostle is still visible.

The sun was setting. The birds silenced their songs, and the scent of discreet violets was still noticeable... Then Thanos, serene and tenderly holding his small olive staff in his hands, for he never forgot the boredom of his childhood, whispered softly:

Thanos: "Christos, oh Christos...
      I thought I was following my destiny, but I followed the Call of the Most High and my vocation.
      This was my greatest freedom on Earth."

His lips opened in an ecstatic smile that multiplied a hundredfold the Aristotelian love that, after so many years, gathered on his blessed face, now free from the shackles of earthly life. It was the 28th of March in the year 87.

Relics: Three feathers and three books.

Feast: No recognized date yet.

Proverbs:

"These are the rituals and rhythms that make us live at our best."
    "The tail feather to advance on its path, the body feather to direct its path, and the wing feather to write its path."
    "We should 'earn money' without speculating."
    "When reason cannot explain an event, we speak of magic, of an unknown phenomenon. But our senses have already embraced the Divine."

Translated by Cinead of Twynholm, June 27th 1471.

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    L'Eglise Aristotelicienne Romaine The Roman and Aristotelic Church Index du Forum -> La Bibliothèque Romaine - The Roman Library - Die Römische Bibliothek - La Biblioteca Romana -> Le Dogme - The Dogma Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers: